Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

dialhforhero posted:

Watch lists don't tell you someone is online unless you are mutually watchlisted now.

That's why I'm asking if he had the tengu watchlisted. If he did, then the tengu could see when he was logged on/off.

EDIT: In this case, it doesn't really matter, because I thought Frank logged off, but it was the Tengu that logged off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Were you alone in system when you logged back in? Do you have him on a watchlist (or buddy list whatever it's called now?)

There were 3 blues in system. I figured it was one of them. Just wanted to see if I missed any other way. I should have done a test warp to a safe to bait him. Oh well.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
You can still determine if someone is online by throwing conversation invites constantly. If they're offline they bounce back immediately, if they're online it doesn't do anything.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

turevidar posted:

I remember riding a jump bridge network from Deklein to Fountain in under half an hour. You could do similar things with capitals, it needed to be nerfed in some way.

gently caress that in the good ole days you could take the jump bridge network from 77s to lowsec in 6 jumps.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

School Nickname posted:

drat it Namamai, set up that small gang squad and teach us to be better pilots! Querious seems like the perfect place to small gang these days. Delve seems nice for a small kiting gang with all the activity.

Unfortunately the only small gang content you'll get in querious these days is going to be broski sitting in their fortizar until they've found enough logi to kill you in their 100mn HML tengu comp. Almost all other PVP there is dead.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Goatman Sacks posted:

gently caress that in the good ole days you could take the jump bridge network from 77s to lowsec in 6 jumps.

Ah yes, the days of jb hubs due to no 1 per system limit were pretty nice

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

FranktheBank posted:

There were 3 blues in system. I figured it was one of them. Just wanted to see if I missed any other way. I should have done a test warp to a safe to bait him. Oh well.

You could be scouted by a blue character in a common chat channel such as Corp, Alliance, or an intel channel.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
With all that Querious drama I think there is a card to play for imperium PR.
Something like guaranteeing support against Querious invaders, without blueing the QFC because of gudfites.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

but then they will think they might get to live there in the future

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'd rather we didn't use the same dumb #BlueNotBlue get-out clause as MBC. If we help Querious out then fine. If we decide to farm them then fine. But "organised gudfites" is like playing hold'em for matchsticks, if the stakes aren't real it's hollow and dull.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
im a big fan of wormhole gudfites where you keep the option to escalate to and also lose marauders

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

NtotheTC posted:

I'd rather we didn't use the same dumb #BlueNotBlue get-out clause as MBC. If we help Querious out then fine. If we decide to farm them then fine. But "organised gudfites" is like playing hold'em for matchsticks, if the stakes aren't real it's hollow and dull.

Not to mention when the opponent "cheats" because they still need to win. You have to try and not hold is against them when you're fighting alongside them some other time.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

nigga crab pollock posted:

im a big fan of wormhole gudfites where you keep the option to escalate to and also lose marauders

losing marauders is an important part of the w-space lifestyle

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

nigga crab pollock posted:

Are Marauders a big deal to wormhole life? Seems like they'd be great for sleeper sites.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nazareth posted:

Are Marauders a big deal to wormhole life? Seems like they'd be great for sleeper sites.

I once severely overpimped a Paladin to run C4s and then died on the first site due to T3 gangs. This was like right when bastion modules came out, though. I might try it again some time if I ever join holesquad.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Nazareth posted:

Not really any more. You can still solo C5 sites in a marauder, but it leaves you extremely vulnerable - anything with a weapon can spawn the drifter, which will proceed to ruin your poo poo. Previously, that wasn't a problem, so all you had to worry about was locals logging in, someone stumbling through one of the connections, or fresh hostiles rolling into you.

They're still pretty solid for clearing rats out of profitable C5 gas sites. You also can run C4 and down sites with them, with C3 being the most profitable, but there's poo poo that's way less expensive and vulnerable that can do that, so people don't bother, mostly.

That said, as a PvP platform, solo marauders in holes can be a hell of a lot of fun, if bads are willing to feed into what they presume is an expensive killmail. Or you run into a bait marauder that can locally tank like a triaged FAX.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

frozenphil posted:

I predict you will not find a single entity to use your service.

If no one hires me I'll just entosis grief some random til they pay me to leave. With a day zero character named PayMe ToLeave

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Elsa posted:

If no one hires me I'll just entosis grief some random til they pay me to leave. With a day zero character named PayMe ToLeave

you need to be in an alliance to entosis

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

you need to be in an alliance to entosis

lol

I would have figured this out on my own, but more importantly there's some factual inaccuracy to fix in my article.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 10, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
oh and thanks for the info.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
If I was affiliated with GSF I would make my alliance ticker [GAY4J] but :shrug:

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Elsa posted:

If I was affiliated with GSF I would make my alliance ticker [GAY4J] but :shrug:

You're not in GSF anymore? Why did you uh... Let it go?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nazareth posted:

You're not in GSF anymore? Why did you uh... Let it go?

a bunch of reasons that just led me to the same conclusion. I'm trying to be the change I want to see. My main goal is effecting a cultural change in EVE where entosis hacking is a paid role. It's absolute poo poo right now and I think it can be better.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Elsa posted:

a bunch of reasons that just led me to the same conclusion. I'm trying to be the change I want to see.

yo this poo poo just sounds straight up crazy without context, which will probably only make it seem slightly less crazy. thanks for the trippy post man

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

roymorrison posted:

yo this poo poo just sounds straight up crazy without context, which will probably only make it seem slightly less crazy. thanks for the trippy post man

oh we're playing the "you're crazy" game. Some of the reasons reflect negatively on GSF so I can't say them without loving offending people who will bandwagon the rest. so chill the gently caress out, there's also a TMC article in the editing process that might explain things.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
gently caress did I just get trolled

you'll never get the full backstory or context but that doesn't make me crazy yo. it just means I don't want to make this some kind of propaganda thing.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

roymorrison posted:

lol whattup roy.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

roymorrison posted:

You think sounds crazy? Try this on for size:

Elsa on GF posted:

There are two basic methods for weighing your excrement. For the first method you'll need a large salad bowl made of stainless steel, tupperware, or glass. Don't use one of those bamboo ones, it's too porous and it's not cool to return it to the pantry like you can with the other three types. Relieve yourself into it and weigh the bowl on a digital scale or your regular scale, then empty it into the toilet.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm not mad I'm just disappointed in you.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

That's how you can tell when someone doesn't have a dishwasher. They have kitchen utensils made out of materials other than stainless steel, glass and ceramic.

Bamboo... you are such a fruit at times.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Like we've always had misfits, but we seem to really be collecting them in the last couple of years.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Ratter types, sanctum > rock haven > forsaken hub > then what? if they're taken what's the next best?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

MorsAnima posted:

Ratter types, sanctum > rock haven > forsaken hub > then what? if they're taken what's the next best?

All of the above one jump over.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Elsa posted:

a bunch of reasons that just led me to the same conclusion. I'm trying to be the change I want to see. My main goal is effecting a cultural change in EVE where entosis hacking is a paid role. It's absolute poo poo right now and I think it can be better.

Uh. More power to you, hippie.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

Dr. Pangloss posted:

The real crime being committed here was not weighing the bowl first to account for it's own weight. What the gently caress

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Deofuta posted:

The real crime being committed here was not weighing the bowl first to account for it's own weight. What the gently caress

My food scale actually deducts the starting weight.

So if you put a 35 gram container on it before starting it. Then take off the container, the scale will then show -35 grams. Until you restart it. Anything weighed on it will have the weight of the container deducted which has been great.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zephyrine posted:

My food scale actually deducts the starting weight.

So if you put a 35 gram container on it before starting it. Then take off the container, the scale will then show -35 grams. Until you restart it. Anything weighed on it will have the weight of the container deducted which has been great.

Yes, that's pretty much how scales work.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

CommonShore posted:

Yes, that's pretty much how scales work.

Apparently. I just got it last year and I've never been a drug dealer so I had no reason to own a scale before.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

Apparently. I just got it last year and I've never been a drug dealer so I had no reason to own a scale before.

Well let me just confirm for you that my weed scale does the same thing. Also you're wrong about bamboo kitchen utensils, very wrong indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nazareth posted:

Uh. More power to you, hippie.

thanks. I tried to figure out a way to do it with a neutral corp and my mains still in Goonwaffe but it isn't possible.

• Locked thread