Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Need at least two less weebs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

The REAL Goobusters posted:

E: just watched that Pinoy video still can't believe miracle didn't manta the silence off. What a goddamn retard.

Even before the silence he just walked up to the Venge and was slowly right clicking her it was weird in general. To me it seemed liked OG didn't expect for TNC to actually walk into their base and just panicked.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If I had to pin Secret's loss on anyone it would be both Envy and Puppey. Cause while Envy had some poo poo games, Puppey also did while putting together some trash drafts.

He tried playing Kunkka 3 games in a row and completely failed at all of them.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Internet Kraken posted:

If I had to pin Secret's loss on anyone it would be both Envy and Puppey. Cause while Envy had some poo poo games, Puppey also did while putting together some trash drafts.

He tried playing Kunkka 3 games in a row and completely failed at all of them.

If I had to pin Secret's loss on anyone it would be on LGD, who is a better team.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
As amazing as it was to see TNC win, I'm just sad cause my bracket is now hosed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Capsaicin posted:

As amazing as it was to see TNC win, I'm just sad cause my bracket is now hosed.

I'm sad that my bracket blew up but, as with March Madness, I'm also happy because I can just root for whoever I want to win instead of whoever will give me more bracket points.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I think everyones predictions are hosed

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Couldn't even wait for the credits to roll, huh, Secret?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pureauthor posted:

Couldn't even wait for the credits to roll, huh, Secret?

His account is pretty obviously hacked

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://giant.gfycat.com/NarrowUnsteadyDuckbillplatypus.webm

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
yer brakin my hart :(

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

I'm happy for TNC, but I was def rooting for OG, so that gif hurts in the best way.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I read up on Jimmy, looks like he hasn't played in a pro-tournament in a while. Does that maybe give him an edge, since no one is too familiar with his play style? I'm also sure that OG was the team to beat, so every one probably studied and planned hard to counter their strats.

Also, there's six heroes not chosen yet:

Bloodseeker
Lina
Visage
Jakiro
Treant Protector
Leshrac

edit also just found this on twitters from last year:

edit 2 mistyped lina

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 10, 2016

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm pretty sure Luna has been played, and S4's been playing Leshrac in the group stage.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm pretty sure Luna has been played, and S4's been playing Leshrac in the group stage.

He means Lina, and S4 hasnt played lesh yet.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

one less weeb, one more championship

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Yeah, I figured he meant Lina after I posted that, and my bad about S4, I really thought he played Lesh.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yeah, I figured he meant Lina after I posted that, and my bad about S4, I really thought he played Lesh.

He does, but he hasn't picked it at TI. I suspect if anyone's to scratch lesh/jakiro off of that list it will be Alliance.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

watching/listening to the OG vs TNC game two stream from mineski, it's the best. Every time huskar jumps in they lose their minds.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i bet the russian casting desk is pretty depressing this year lol

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What are the games today?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zurreco posted:

http://www.liquiddota.com/calendar/

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Zurreco posted:

From literally the previous page:

Pureauthor posted:

In a few hours we'll have:

Alliance vs Fnatic
Newbee vs Liquid
MVP vs Wings
EHOME vs EG

Which games are you excited by? I think both Upper Bracket games are gonna be ones for the history books.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
ready as gently caress to see our chinese overlords smash EG

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Defiant Sally posted:

ready as gently caress to see our chinese overlords smash EG

Wasn't that the rhetoric yesterday?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Now that OG are out (:( ) I'm unsure what I want more.

1. EG wins meaning yet again RTZ ditches a team just in time to see them win a Valve event.
2. DC win fulfilling the kick/get kicked by EE, win a TI prophecy.
3. Wings cos those guys are loving crazy and I love them.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mainwaring posted:

1. EG wins meaning yet again RTZ ditches a team just in time to see them win a Valve event.
Rooting for OG is like rooting for all that is good and wholesome in the universe but I feel like I can't root for anyone now because they'll just lose :ohdear:

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Mainwaring posted:

There's too many teams I want to win. I want Ice^3 and LaNm to get an Aegis, I want Mushi to win, I want Kuro to win, I want MVP to win, Wings TNC EG or DC would be cool, the only ones I don't want to win are Newbee and Alliance.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Pureauthor posted:

In a few hours we'll have:

Alliance vs Fnatic
Newbee vs Liquid
MVP vs Wings
EHOME vs EG

Which games are you excited by? I think both Upper Bracket games are gonna be ones for the history books.

MVP/Wings is going to be the best series until maybe the Grand Final. One of them is going to somehow draft Pitlord.

Newbee/Liquid and EHOME/EG could be interesting too. Alliance/Fnatic is the loving worst way to start a day, hopefully Fnatic just 2-0s them in <30 min per game like Wings did.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

scuz posted:

Rooting for OG is like rooting for all that is good and wholesome in the universe but I feel like I can't root for anyone now because they'll just lose :ohdear:

I'll agree that noTail is a great guy, but Moonmeander is really just human garbage. Have you watched his twitch stream? The guy is a complete tool.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The following players have a chance of winning a second TI this event:

ChuaN
s4
Loda
AdmiralBulldog
Akke
EGM
Hao
Mu
Fear
SumaiL
UNiVeRsE
ppd

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 10, 2016

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Newbee/Liquid and EHOME/EG could be interesting too. Alliance/Fnatic is the loving worst way to start a day, hopefully Fnatic just 2-0s them in <30 min per game like Wings did.

Nah its great because it means I get home from work just in time for the good games

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I went to bed in the middle of dc/lgd game 2. I remember dc was doing really poo poo, but they won? What happened?

Edit: Also lets hope alliance beat fnatic in 2-1 each game goes over two hours.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Aui_2000

Ummm

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

SanSheng
Sansheng's not playing man

e: oh yeah and AUI :lol:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My bad, forgot to delete that line!

No Safe Word posted:

Sansheng's not playing man

That one too!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

dont underestimate aui, he can win a tournament without even playing.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'll agree that noTail is a great guy, but Moonmeander is really just human garbage. Have you watched his twitch stream? The guy is a complete tool.

I'll bite: I haven't watched his stream. What's he like, what does he say, what does he do?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I have not, and that makes me sad. He and I do have the same toothbrush holder, though:

https://twitter.com/steenabby/status/762512886568587264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

https://imgur.com/a/pidIZ

from puppy's hacked facebook i guess, lmfao

• Locked thread