Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm in them after having just an awful team last year. I was seriously concerned that I'd be sucking for multiple years to come, but it's worked out OK. Montee Ball and Zac Stacy may have been the worst picks ever at RB to get a dynasty team started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

It's really weird to me that the two new guys (one of which is me) are leading the pack. Why on earth did people give up these teams?

I had some issues with setting keeper rules post draft and what not. Im sure that's why some folks left, but we're all set now.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I see I made the right decision on Rodgers vs Ebron

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Well poo poo, apparently Cobb's touchdown doesn't count for me. Guess technically it isn't a rush or a pass. drat.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Forever_Peace posted:

Well poo poo, apparently Cobb's touchdown doesn't count for me. Guess technically it isn't a rush or a pass. drat.

I think that might get changed. Our settings say offensive fumble recoveries for TDs are worth 6 points and I'm facing the Green Bay defense in a different NFL.com league and they were originally credited with the TD, and it was corrected overnight. I bet Cobb eventually gets credit for it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:ssh: They should totally not do that.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think that might get changed. Our settings say offensive fumble recoveries for TDs are worth 6 points and I'm facing the Green Bay defense in a different NFL.com league and they were originally credited with the TD, and it was corrected overnight. I bet Cobb eventually gets credit for it.

You were right, they changed it. =)

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Just posting to let you all know I won't be returning next year. Sorry for being so absent this year. Waivers and such are too much to keep up with this year. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Looks like they're projecting another close matchup. Good luck, Gobias!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Can't get much closer than our first matchup haha Should be a good one - good luck to you too!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'm coming out of the bye... the consolation bye that is, to wreck house and get a worse draft position. Hopefully my 1st round famous Jameis turns out okay as Brady ages.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Comes down to me needing ~27 point from Stafford/Hightower/Prater. I should be good, but all of those guys are more than capable of putting up complete duds.

Wish I had just started Woodhead...

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Comes down to me needing ~27 point from Stafford/Hightower/Prater. I should be good, but all of those guys are more than capable of putting up complete duds.

Wish I had just started Woodhead...

Yeah, I'm in the same "benched Woodhead" position in another league. It's completely defensible though.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, not out of it yet!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'm off to the finals! The consolation finals that is.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Jesus christ the matchup between Kettle and I is a shitshow. My team sucked and then Antonio "Best Receiver in the NFL" Brown scored 40 points. Then Demarco Murray put up .3 points for him. I went from almost certainly losing, to winning provided that Tate can't repeat last week.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Whether he's on my team or not, somehow Stafford breaks my heart every year.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

CompeAnansi posted:

Jesus christ the matchup between Kettle and I is a shitshow. My team sucked and then Antonio "Best Receiver in the NFL" Brown scored 40 points. Then Demarco Murray put up .3 points for him. I went from almost certainly losing, to winning provided that Tate can't repeat last week.

Tate ended up having a really good game, which made me nervous during the second half last night. Luckily he fell 4 points short of knocking me out. Off to the finals against Eifert. I got a little lucky, though, that OBJ is suspended for the game because the guy has been a monster lately.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

Tate ended up having a really good game, which made me nervous during the second half last night. Luckily he fell 4 points short of knocking me out. Off to the finals against Eifert. I got a little lucky, though, that OBJ is suspended for the game because the guy has been a monster lately.

And my team is really beat up so my depth to replace him is pretty terrible. Not liking my odds right now. It'd be great if AP didn't play; it only seems fair!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

And my team is really beat up so my depth to replace him is pretty terrible. Not liking my odds right now. It'd be great if AP didn't play; it only seems fair!

You said the same whiny crap before you beat my by like 80 points in week 6 or 7. Nobody fall for it!!!!!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

You said the same whiny crap before you beat my by like 80 points in week 6 or 7. Nobody fall for it!!!!!

Haha okay I'll shutup now. 178 points from my supposed band of misfits.

Good season everyone!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah i won another league with 184. After losing ingram mccoy lynch and eifert, oh and dalton.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
You scored enough points that even if the Steelers hadn't flopped, it would have been hard to catch you. Good job, congrats. Looking forward to next season.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Congrats everyone on another great season. I'll be making my post season report with draft order, and awards sometime in January. Stay tuned.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
:ducksiren: League Activated - Get your imaginary football on.

DRAFT ORDER

:siren:First pick of the draft, and worst player of the year :siren:
1. Holding Penn

Bottom Feeders
2. Honore De Balzack
3. Field Goal Frogout
4. Jerry Jones Bathroom Orgy

The middle bunch, at least they're better than the Falcons? But only a little.
5. Tecmo Bowling For Columbine
6. Marshmallow Blues
7. Last Place
8. Ground Control

The real Men
9. Johnny Foosball
10. Kettle WL is bad at team names
11. Sunnyvale Shithawks
12. Eifert 65

Awards coming soon.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That's "Jerry Jones' Bathroom Orgy" you philistine :argh:

When's the draft?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Finally, someone recognizes my manhood.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

:toot:

I'm the manliest man.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Awwww yeaaa

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

God that megatron trade was a disaster. :negative:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'm feeling good. Had the 2nd pick in the draft this year and moved up (down) 4 slots. By that math, I'll come in 3rd this year.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
:siren: Draft Date Set

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY - AUGUST 28th - 8PM Eastern.

If you can't make it, set your preferences before then. It should go quick with only 7 rounds of purely rookie speculation, minus a few old dudes getting drafted.

:siren:
KEEPER LOCK DATE - August 21st End of Day.

Sometime early that week I'll post everyone's keepers so you can plan accordingly.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 20, 2016

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Hey everyone, if you're in for Year 3, Please post saying "In for 3" or "I'm in" or "sure whatever" so I know who needs to be replaced.

You have Until August 11th to confirm

Thanks all

Current Slots
Marshmallow Blue - Marshmallow Brews - In for 3
Chris de Sperg - Holding Penn - Rockin out in year 3
Forever_Peace - Ground Control - In it to Win it. It's his year, he can feel it.
KettleWL - KettleWL is bad at team names
Oldskool - Tecmo Bowling for Columbine - Bowling for 3 years running
Ben Nevis - Johnny Foosball - Worst to First or Bust part 3
RCarr - Last Place - He's In!
Azhais - Jerry Jones' Bathroom Orgy - The orgy continues
-------OPEN - HonoreDeBalzac <<
Harold Cooplowski - Field Goal Frogout
Gobias Ind. - Eifert 65
CompeAnansi - Sunnyvale Shithawks - In for 3

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 29, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

In it to win it. This is my year I can feel it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm in!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I can't just walk away from my ridiculously stacked team. In it again.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm in.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm in

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Apparently my "Worst to First" is going to be a multi-year project, so I'm back!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
1 day reminder to claim your spot if you haven't

• Locked thread