Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
:siren: :siren: Year 3 is on :siren: :siren:
http://hbtd.league.fantasy.nfl.com/

YEAR 3 IMPORTANT DATES & INFO
The current draft date for year 2, 2015 is set for August 28th, at 8:00PM EASTERN. It is a live non snaking draft, and participation is recommended but you can be auto drafted if you don't make it.
The keeper set deadline is August 21stth end of Day. If you fail to set your keepers, your first 15 picks will be kept.

-----------------
Scoring & Format -Pretty Standard scoring but;
.5 PPR with .1 awarded to QB for completions
200$ Waiver budget for the season

Yardage Bonuses
Passing
300-399yds +2
400 or more yds +5

Rushing and Receiving bonuses (counted separately)
100-199yds +2
200 or more yds +5

No Penalty for missed Field Goals
------------------
Roster Sizes

Full Roster 22 Players 15 Keepers kept regardless of round.
Starters
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 DF
1 K
1 W/R/T/ Flex
BN 12

So if you want to join and have some extra FREE fun it's right here

https://www.hbtd.league.fantasy.nfl.com
Pass: HBTD
REGISTRATION CLOSED

Current Slots
Marshmallow Blue - Marshmallow Brews - In for 3
Chris de Sperg - Holding Penn
Forever_Peace - Ground Control
KettleWL - KettleWL is bad at team names
Oldskool - Tecmo Bowling for Columbine
Ben Nevis - Johnny Foosball
RCarr - Last Place
Azhais - Jerry Jones' Bathroom Orgy
MrBru - Eili's Attack Bears
Felter Chesthard - xxx
Gobias Ind. - Eifert 65
CompeAnansi - Sunnyvale Shithawks

Keeper rules and pick trading. Draft order will be determined by worst team to best team using these conditions.
code:
Regular season wins (Least to most) With ties being broken by,
Playoff wins (Least to most) With Ties being broken by, 
head to head record (least to most) With ties being broken by,
Regular season points (Least to most) With ties being broken by,
Coin flip

Other addendums
• Keeper submission deadline is 1 week prior to the draft
• Pick trade deadline is end of day Friday before the draft (not timezone specific)
      - Pick trades MUST swap an equal number of picks due to Software limitations. (Player X and Pick X for Pick Y)[i] EX: Bob's Julian Jones and Round 7 —for— Ted's Round 2. [/i]
      - Pick trades may be made mid-season (prior to the determination of draft order) by round, and may not be "protected" or include other additional clauses. Pick trades can be made for the two nearest drafts, 
        but not beyond.

[i]Thanks to Forever_Peace / Ground Control for hashing out some details[/i]

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

In as Holding Penn.

Charging for keepers feels kinda weird when such a high proportion of players can be kept tbh. With regards to the idea you posted, seems like it'll create a really weird draft pool - as written, it forces players to drop their first-rounders every year, so you'll likely end up with some ludicrous distribution of talent in the top half of round 1 and then trash all the way down after that.

A budget system based on an initial value corresponding to a draft pick which then escalates might be interesting, but it'll have to be carefully balanced, and then how does next year's seven-round draft then play into that - how do we then value those players, particularly when we don't know how that pool exactly is going to look like? There's a lot of moving parts here to figure out, idk.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
No idea how the $200 waiver thing works, but I've been wanting to try a dynasty format so I'm in.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Chris de Sperg posted:

In as Holding Penn.

Charging for keepers feels kinda weird when such a high proportion of players can be kept tbh. With regards to the idea you posted, seems like it'll create a really weird draft pool - as written, it forces players to drop their first-rounders every year, so you'll likely end up with some ludicrous distribution of talent in the top half of round 1 and then trash all the way down after that.

A budget system based on an initial value corresponding to a draft pick which then escalates might be interesting, but it'll have to be carefully balanced, and then how does next year's seven-round draft then play into that - how do we then value those players, particularly when we don't know how that pool exactly is going to look like? There's a lot of moving parts here to figure out, idk.

Maybe because this is a dynasty league/ high amount of keepers, we don't need to have penalties and you just keep what position you drafted the player at.

The 7 round draft would actually be the full draft but you'd only be drafting 7 new players throughout it based on what rounds you kept your 15 keepers in.

KettleWL posted:

No idea how the $200 waiver thing works, but I've been wanting to try a dynasty format so I'm in.

Basically when you make a waiver claim, you put a bid in and whoever bid the highest gets the player. This is so when players blow up (like Alshon Jeffery or Foles like last year), everyone has a chance to get him and not just the lucky guy who tanked last week or saved their waiver pick.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
In as Ground Control (for now).

Yeah, I think it gets tough to use penalized picks for keepers if this year's draft is 22 rounds and next year's draft is 7.

You know, one potential solution could be to have at-cost keepers (so a 3rd rounder this year is kept for a 3rd next year) with a redraft that is technically 22 rounds again - each person just sits out 15 of them. There would be the same number of picks as a full 7-round draft, but people who drop a lot of high-value players get more picks in the early rounds. Upside is old people get to still be useful this year (e.g. you could draft peyton in the first this year, then drop him for an early pick next year) and career-ending injuries are easier for a team to recover from. Downside is the draft order would be really loving strange.

Another solution would be to have all future 7-round drafts be auction, where keeper value is subtracted from starting cash. For example, starting pool of $500 for each team, minus beersheets value of every player on opening day for 12-team 0.5 ppr.

^^^^ edit: you beat me to the first suggestion, so consider me a vote in favor.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

You know, one potential solution could be to have at-cost keepers (so a 3rd rounder this year is kept for a 3rd next year) with a redraft that is technically 22 rounds again - each person just sits out 15 of them. There would be the same number of picks as a full 7-round draft, but people who drop a lot of high-value players get more picks in the early rounds. Upside is old people get to still be useful this year (e.g. you could draft peyton in the first this year, then drop him for an early pick next year) and career-ending injuries are easier for a team to recover from. Downside is the draft order would be really loving strange.

^^^^ edit: you beat me to the first suggestion, so consider me a vote in favor.

Alright, This may be the best way, and makes things a bit simpler down the road.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Maybe because this is a dynasty league/ high amount of keepers, we don't need to have penalties and you just keep what position you drafted the player at.

The 7 round draft would actually be the full draft but you'd only be drafting 7 new players throughout it based on what rounds you kept your 15 keepers in.
Yeah, that'd probably make the most sense tbh. Only thing I'd add is it'd probably be best to get people to submit their keepers blind (i.e. everyone sends them in to the commish privately and once they're all in the keepers/draft order is then revealed) to prevent people from getting too cute with waiting to see who's gonna be there at what spot and tailoring their keepers accordingly at such (particularly because it leaves people who are timely with getting their stuff in at a disadvantage).

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Isn't that how nfl.com keepers work anyway? At least in my other league we get two combo boxes where we can select the players. Leaving the first spot open instead of the second actually results in an earlier pick, too.

I'd really like to join, but I'm not 100% sure if I can make the draft so I'll not join for now, but will definitely do so if either the league isn't filled otherwise or I have cleared my timetable.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can you put me down for a maybe for now (e: oh we sign ourselves up whoops). I did five leagues last year and I'm down to four now but this one looks interesting enough to warrant a fifth again. I just want to go over the rules and such to make sure I really want to do this. It sounds pretty interesting.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Whoo, first dynasty league!

In as Field Goal Frogout

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I don't see anything about return yards in the scoring settings. We counting them?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

I don't see anything about return yards in the scoring settings. We counting them?

Not counting

Edit: and as incentive to play well, I'll be dolling out some awards at the end of the season. Winners will be responsible to printing and framing them if they want, but being a graphic designer, Ill whip some up and you can win some funny plaques. Something along the

Rex Ryan Award - High trash talking, and low Record

A lifetime of regrettable decisions - Lowest record

Big money Big spender - Most money spent on a single waiver addition

Wait? There's no roll over? - Least amount of waiver budget spent

etc. etc.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 30, 2014

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Rex Ryan Award - High trash talking, and low Record

Go ahead and give me that one now.

Edit: I guess nobody else wants to do IDP? These are really deep benches for just offense imo.

Harold Cooplowski fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 31, 2014

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
So remember that you're going to be stashing some rookies/ young players in there in higher draft picks that you wouldn't necessarily be starting but want to stash just in case. It's also going to hold some players who you may want to keep but got hurt or suspended. So your bench isn't quite deep as it appears.

However, if there is a demand for IDP, we can add one in.

Right now I'm just trying to fill up more slots, so if you guys have friends or anything that may want to join that aren't on the forums, they are also welcome.

Chris de Sperg posted:

Only thing I'd add is it'd probably be best to get people to submit their keepers blind (i.e. everyone sends them in to the commish privately and once they're all in the keepers/draft order is then revealed) to prevent people from getting too cute with waiting to see who's gonna be there at what spot and tailoring their keepers accordingly at such (particularly because it leaves people who are timely with getting their stuff in at a disadvantage).

I like this idea, of having keepers be a secret. But I think the draft order should be in the NFL style where the worst team gets first pick and so on (but then snaking back). But yeah keepers not being revealed until all keepers are locked is a good idea.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

In as Tecmo Bowling for Columbine.

Not a fan of IDP. A fan of worst team -> first pick and so on. Never had a problem with people being cute with their keepers, but I can see how somebody could :spergin: over it and suck a lot of the fun out of the draft so I'm fine with secret keepers.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Alright, looking good so far. We need;

1 more person for 8 Team
3 more for 10 team
and 5 more for 12 team (3 more if Old Dog and Wuntvor join on)

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Not really a regular, but I'm willing to jump in, just need to make sure I'm free for the draft.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

Not really a regular, but I'm willing to jump in, just need to make sure I'm free for the draft.

Well, when you're ready, join on in. This should be a pretty good time for all.

I change the settings a tiny bit. Changes include;
1. Changed divisions from 4 to 2. Reason: I didn't want teams to be playing the same team 3 or 4 times in one season.
Adjusted DEF scoring to be a bit more friendly Reason: With the way teams are scoring (only 6 teams averaged under 20ppg last season, making fantasy defenses an afterthought), the system seemed a touch outdated with only the best defenses scoring more than 5 points. More specifically:
• I added .3 (from 0) for forced fumbles and changed fumble recovery to 1.7 (so 2 points total or 1.7 for heads up play).
• Blocked kicks worth 2 points (from 0), this is the point average between extra points and field goals.
• 0PA 10 (from 8)
• 1-6PA 8 (from 7)
• 7-13PA 5 (From 4)
• 14-20PA 3 (From 1)
• 21-27PA 1 (From 0)
• 28-34PA -1 (no change)
• 35+ PA -4 (no Change)

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Ok, I'll join now.. At least I can confirm my other draft is on September 1st, so I can do this one. There's about a 5% chance I might not make it, but I'll worry about that when we get there. Great! :)

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Wuntvor posted:

Ok, I'll join now.. At least I can confirm my other draft is on September 1st, so I can do this one. There's about a 5% chance I might not make it, but I'll worry about that when we get there. Great! :)

Alright, sweet! I added you as Dontrel Dolphins.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
OK, I'm in as Johnny Foosball.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I joined! My team name "Last Place" should give you all an idea of where you'll be finishing.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

RCarr posted:

I joined! My team name "Last Place" should give you all an idea of where you'll be finishing.

Harold Cooplowski, Looks like you have some stiff competition for the Rex Ryan Award

Anyways, 2 Minutes to middddniiigghhtt... And by 2 minutes I mean players, and by midnight i mean until the draft order is RAnDomized by a third party site- http://www.random.org/ - I'll post a video of the whole thing so nobody gives any drama.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Because I truly hate my life and free time, I joined. Jerry Jones' Bathroom Orgy is ready to get started.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Azhais posted:

Because I truly hate my life and free time, I joined. Jerry Jones' Bathroom Orgy is ready to get started.

Awesome! Old Dog Child's Maybe has been cleared as it is the last available slot. It's first come first serve now.

:getin: on this action
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

>>>> :ducksiren:ONLY ONE SLOT LEFT:ducksiren: <<<<
http://www.hbtd.league.fantasy.nfl.com
Pass: HBTD

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

I joined.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Are we allowed to trade draft spots?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Are we allowed to trade draft spots?

Yeah, I think I turned it on the other day. Ill double check though. But yeah you'll be able to trade spots once the season gets under way.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 7, 2014

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Yeah, I think I turned it on the other day. Ill double check though. But yeah you'll be able to trade spots once the season gets under way.

I mean like before the draft, if someone got assigned the spot I want and vice versa.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Harold Cooplowski posted:

I mean like before the draft, if someone got assigned the spot I want and vice versa.

Looks like NFL.com doesn't provide that option. It's only "no" and "Yes. In season only"

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Draft Order!

1. Oldskool - Tecmo Bowling for Columbine
2. Wuntvor - Dontrel Dolphins
3. KettleWL - KettleWL is bad at team names
4. Mystery Player X - Millertime3250
5. RCarr - Last Place
6. Forever_Peace - Ground Control
7. Chris de Sperg - Holding Penn
8. Honore_De_Balzac - HonoreDeBalzac
9. Harold Cooplowski - Field Goal Frogout
10. Azhais - Jerry Jones' Bathroom Orgy
11. Marshmallow Blue - Marshmallow Brews
12. Ben Nevis - Johnny Foosball

Video Coming, my work has a terrible phone connection Edit: the video came out like total crap and can't be read well at all, but here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W_hJSOeBnc

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 7, 2014

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Feel pretty good about that 5th spot in the order. Ya'll in the top 4 will be sorry you passed on Fantasy Superstar Michael Vick.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

RCarr posted:

Feel pretty good about that 5th spot in the order. Ya'll in the top 4 will be sorry you passed on Fantasy Superstar Michael Vick.

Vick was so 3 years ago. Mcfadden is where it is at.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Vick was so 3 years ago. Mcfadden is where it is at.

Guys Ridley is a top 5 pick this year. Better not pass him up. Fumbles are worth 200 pts!

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Half-PPR dynasty is perhaps the hardest combo to find rankings for on the planet.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
I think I'm going with Trent Richardson and CJ Spiller this year, worked so well last time!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Last year I ended up with Lynch (3rd overall pick), Moreno (FA), and DeMarco Murray (W), and that worked well. But now 2/3 of those guys are iffy.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I missed my draft last year with the first pick. Ended up with AP, Stevan "Fumble Machine" Ridley and David Wilson in the first three rounds, leaving me a Roethlisberger/Schaub starting pair of QBs :suicide:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

oldskool posted:

I missed my draft last year with the first pick. Ended up with AP, Stevan "Fumble Machine" Ridley and David Wilson in the first three rounds, leaving me a Roethlisberger/Schaub starting pair of QBs :suicide:

Just think! With fifteen keepers you can carry that :suicide: into next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Marshmallow Blue posted:

9. Harold Cooplowski - Field Goal Frogout

:aaaaa:

• Locked thread