Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
There's an old 2ch joke, I think, that goes if you're still a virgin at 30 you become a wizard. /R9k/ is filled with incels approaching wizarddom, and they fully acknowledge it by calling themselves wizards/robot, the "take the black pill" aka eggman, guy is one of them. Elliot Rodgers is literally their patron saint of something called the "beta uprising."

Anyways, remember that ol GamerGate thing? Well it came from an offshoot basically of r9k called, guess what Wizardchan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Pick posted:

another good sign was when he was following me out, he wanted to know what kind of white i am. "hey! hey blonde! are you a swede?"

gently caress offfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

As a guy, I just find it hard to get how most guys can't fathom how that sort of thing is creepy when done to strangers. Like...even if they're sadbrain nerds, didn't they ever watch Mad Max bikers harass the poo poo out of that woman, before running her and her baby down?

As for stun guns/tasers/guns TBH it's less so that more women should carry them and moreso that more women should train with them. Regularly. Someone untrained, but wielding one, is almost as likely to hurt themselves as anyone that attacks them. Or even just scares them.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

people really do just hate women and it's baffling to me because i loooove women myself :shrug:

yeah there's lovely ones but hey that applies to literally any group of anything ever and I'm pretty sure it's not that all women are in some conspiracy against you, you just reek of creepy desperate rear end in a top hat to anyone with any sense.

The only reason anyone has to hate any group of anyone ever, is because that other group does something that humanizes them and acts as an inadvertent reminder that the world doesn't end at the original individual's needs, wants, comfort, opinions, perception, etc. and there's nothing that the original individual can do to change that. No one hates the "other" they can crush or successfully ignore. Everyone hates the "other" they feel is unbeatable or impossible to divert attention away from.

So when you couple a sadbrains with a male sex drive and frame masculine expectations of only being successful if you can directly manage the needs, wants, and safety of yourself and those you care about through superior strength/cunning (which is fundamentally impossible) over the whole thing-- you end up with someone who sees half the population of the world as a living reminder that not only are having his needs met isn't a priority, but he is completely impotent in the face of them. That's the entire plot of "Raging Bull" in abstract, right there.

CubanMissile posted:

I think if I had kids my number one advice to them about meeting girls is "never, ever, come off as desperate."

"Never look for a woman's approval. Respect and consider their opinions, but never act like their approval is your top priority unless you are well into a serious relationship."

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CubanMissile posted:

I think if I had kids my number one advice to them about meeting girls is "never, ever, come off as desperate."

Mine would be "duct tape a banana to your thigh."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I always acted nonchalant and that helped a ton in HS/college. If I ask you out and you say yes, great! If you say no, I shrug and go 'alright then.' and act like I don't give a poo poo either way really. Drives people nuts.

mind the walrus posted:

The only reason anyone has to hate any group of anyone ever, is because that other group does something that humanizes them and acts as an inadvertent reminder that the world doesn't end at the original individual's needs, wants, comfort, opinions, perception, etc. and there's nothing that the original individual can do to change that. No one hates the "other" they can crush or successfully ignore. Everyone hates the "other" they feel is unbeatable or impossible to divert attention away from.

So when you couple a sadbrains with a male sex drive and frame masculine expectations of only being successful if you can directly manage the needs, wants, and safety of yourself and those you care about through superior strength/cunning (which is fundamentally impossible) over the whole thing-- you end up with someone who sees half the population of the world as a living reminder that not only are having his needs met isn't a priority, but he is completely impotent in the face of them. That's the entire plot of "Raging Bull" in abstract, right there.

Makes sense but at the same time gently caress them for being such self centered dils imo. Ofc the world doesn't revolve around you just contemplate the infinite universe if you ever start to get a big ego.

I mean yeah alright I feel bad for the awkward teen who is sad that he isn't popular and then MGTOW types get a hold of him and toxify his brain but still man at some point... grow the gently caress up already.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 10, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CubanMissile posted:

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Pick posted:

Stun guns are the ones with arms length, a taser has the darts, and as I said I got both

Sorry, I don't know much about those two. Should have googled it. :doh:

Moridin920 posted:

* blonde, blue/green eyes, at least 5'10", NO WHORES/SLOOTS

How tall was he?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Moridin920 posted:

I always acted nonchalant and that helped a ton in HS/college. If I ask you out and you say yes, great! If you say no, I shrug and go 'alright then.' and act like I don't give a poo poo either way really. Drives people nuts.

This works everywhere and I literally got a job by doing that.

:downs: I'm sorry we found more qualified candidates.
:shrug: Okay alright.
:byodood: Wait where are you going we were going to offer you that job!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
^^ pretty much ^^

also vince vaughn is right in that still

anyway,

i want to.... come inside rainbowdash? (maybe that's why the ladies won't let you come in them??????)

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

FrankieGoes posted:

What was his name on SA?

Lowtax

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FrankieGoes posted:

Mine would be "duct tape a banana to your thigh."

a guy actually died from doing that

he taped it too tight, creating stoppage in his major artery in his thigh, so all the blood cells clumped up and basically became a clot, then once the dam breached, it slingshotted straight into his brain and he had an anerysm and fell over in convulsion on the club dance floor.

yea go for it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
jeez. this thread is the most depressing thing ever.

"help help i cant talk to girls"

*goes and talks to other sad shitheads who cant talk to or hate girls about it*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SneakyFrog posted:

i imagine it like a super upset and whiny luke with emperor MRA in the background going 'good good let the hate flow through you'

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
A lot of this is probably because it requires some humility to ask for help with something and a lot of people are not humble at all.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Makes sense but at the same time gently caress them for being such self centered dils imo. Ofc the world doesn't revolve around you just contemplate the infinite universe if you ever start to get a big ego.

I mean yeah alright I feel bad for the awkward teen who is sad that he isn't popular and then MGTOW types get a hold of him and toxify his brain but still man at some point... grow the gently caress up already.

Oh agreed completely. I got fatigued from getting all that other poo poo down that I was relying on someone to finish the thought. I in no way meant to give that type of boy sympathy, just understanding.

Moridin920 posted:

i imagine it like a super upset and whiny luke with emperor MRA in the background going 'good good let the hate flow through you'

This, then they all think they're going to become God-Emperor Leto

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
they are people with boobs and vajayjays.

:shrug: just talk about people things?

its just so goddamn pathetic that you cant handle rejection like everyone should want to gently caress you.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

SneakyFrog posted:

Like lots of us went through a shithead phase, but now there are these communities to help reinforce and extend it so these poor bastards can't gradually get better.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

A lot of this is probably because it requires some humility to ask for help with something and a lot of people are not humble at all.

Except you wouldn't be mocked for needing help with anything else. If you're 30 and illiterate people would be more understanding then if you were 30 and didn't now how to get a relationship

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Benny Harvey posted:

Except you wouldn't be mocked for needing help with anything else. If you're 30 and illiterate people would be more understanding then if you were 30 and didn't now how to get a relationship

Learning to read is hard, but even animals can get into relationships.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm really glad my youngest brother doesn't seem to be turning into one of these people. he's very social and he's got a few friends who are girls which is cool for him. I was afraid for a while he would turn into an MRA because our middle brother is a huge misogynist

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SneakyFrog posted:

they are people with boobs and vajayjays.

:shrug: just talk about people things?

its just so goddamn pathetic that you cant handle rejection like everyone should want to gently caress you.

They're just convinced women are some alien species and not just like regular people so they can't just TALK to them normally (are you insane!?). They gotta strategize and formulate plans and attack vectors.

But yeah sometime in HS I realized 'hey these people with boobs are just like people with dicks, they just can't act the same because of society and whatever' and I talked to girls like I would talk to guys and it was fine.

also hey I dunno if this was this thread or another but a day ago someone was mentioning how a girl wouldn't gently caress on the first date but the 2nd was just fine, here's why bro

the attitude of 'first date? what a slut' is sooooo prevalent even among otherwise 'normal' guys

"i like the caucasians and the light brown ones" like they are pieces of candy or something lmao. throwin in 'oriental' like it's 1800 and he is british.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 10, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
here's another dude who would be fine if he fixed his loving hair, wore some nicer clothes, and stopped pulling weird faces

show idea: 4-5 women do makeovers on MRA type people and some basic coaching on how to not be weird. Show a before and after attempt of him trying to just have a normal conversation with a woman (not even picking her up, just talk to her).

who spends a lot of time thinking about female purity ffs. my only thoughts about female purity at that age were 'will she smash or no'

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

They're just convinced women are some alien species and not just like regular people so they can't just TALK to them normally (are you insane!?). They gotta strategize and formulate plans and attack vectors.

But yeah sometime in HS I realized 'hey these people with boobs are just like people with dicks, they just can't act the same because of society and whatever' and I talked to girls like I would talk to guys and it was fine.

also hey I dunno if this was this thread or another but a day ago someone was mentioning how a girl wouldn't gently caress on the first date but the 2nd was just fine, here's why bro

the attitude of 'first date? what a slut' is sooooo prevalent even among otherwise 'normal' guys

"i like the caucasians and the light brown ones" like they are pieces of candy or something lmao. throwin in 'oriental' like it's 1800 and he is british.

I'm probably an anomaly, but I find the whole disapproval of having sex on a first date to be weird. I had sex on my first real date ever, and roughly half the time following that. I just figured it was pretty normal. :shrug:

Also, I feel compelled to point out that the Rape-X anti-rape female condom thing is a classic case of vaporware:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/rapex.asp

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
They had a show like that on MTV I think around 10 years ago

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm probably an anomaly, but I find the whole disapproval of having sex on a first date to be weird. I had sex on my first real date ever, and roughly half the time following that. I just figured it was pretty normal. :shrug:

i've always found it super weird too but i'm also from a dirty euro family

americans can be such prudes

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
I read the Elliot Rodger manifesto because of this thread's recommendations, and it was really sad and disturbing. The only thing that was funny was the orange juice Super Soaker, because it was so bizarre.

Basically if Robert Cormier were still alive today, he'd be furiously scribbling notes about this manifesto for his crowning achievement in dark, unsettling young adult novels

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Remember, these are guys who see women as this literal other species because of gender socialization differences.

I remember being a shithead in middle school and having my mind loving blown that actual real life women want and like sex in almost the exact same way guys do. That thought had never occurred to me as even a possibility, as every time a woman was shown as wanting sex in my life it was for comedy as this obvious honeypot trap for a guy or some other variant of "sex doll" behavior. Years of media which reinforce the idea of women having sex as this overtly complicated dramabomb had me going into middle school thinking that sex was something "real" women had to compromise on for a guy's benefit 100% of the time.

Thankfully I didn't grow up with TRP and MGTOW crap which would reinforce the idea that "Omg you're a virgin and you're a freshman in high school holy gently caress just kill yourself" was in any way acceptable, or capitalize on insecurity after my first real breakup that yes that girl I mistakenly believed I loved was going to gently caress other guys and yes there was a highly likely chance she was going to enjoy them a lot more than she did me. I can't even loving imagine how toxic that culture can get in a heavily religious area.

But a lot of these kids get caught in the crossfire and turn into..... these weird sad manboys. And it's really really loving sad.

Then they open their mouths and your sympathy stops immediately.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean on the one hand i feel this a bit bc it sucked when I got dragged to Bulgaria for my entire summer break sometimes (esp the summer between 8th and freshman year that REALLY sucked bc it was the last summer before hs AND i had my first gf but anyway)

but

this is preeeetty fuckin funny to me maybe I'm just a douchebag

quote:

just a week into my summer break, my mother told me that father and (stepmother) Soumaya were going to Morocco, and I would be forced to go with them. This news upset me tremendously. I then asked how long this trip would be, and I was told it would be eight weeks. EIGHT WEEKS?! I could not believe what I was hearing. I threw a big tantrum.

“For one thing, I was never enthusiastic about Morocco. The country is very backwards, and that made me very uncomfortable. They didn’t even have the latest video games. And to be forced to go there for eight weeks? That would take up the entire summer and the first two weeks of high school. It was even longer than the last time we went, and I thought that was too long. I wouldn’t be able to play WoW at all for two whole months. The prospect devastated me.

but yeah his manifesto in general only really funny in a very dark sad way. tbh I've only read choice quotes myself, I saw 140+ pages and went 'nope gently caress that murdering douchebag'

mind the walrus posted:

I remember being a shithead in middle school and having my mind loving blown that actual real life women want and like sex in almost the exact same way guys do. That thought had never occurred to me as even a possibility, and years of media which reinforce the idea of women having sex as this overtly complicated dramabomb had me going into middle school thinking that sex was something women had to compromise on for a guy's benefit 100% of the time.

people get reaaaally upset by this idea even as adults. on this very forum even. It's true, obviously, but lol.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 10, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

i've always found it super weird too but i'm also from a dirty euro family

americans can be such prudes

It's a weird, ingrained cultural thing.

I've had girls confide in me after we done the deed (on a first/second date) that they were hesitant to do it not because they didn't want to, but because they were afraid of being seen as a slut. One of them was afraid that I was the person who would think she was a slut, which frankly just blows my mind.

Like there are probably a million women out there right now who are holding off having sex with someone they want to have sex with because they think society or their partner will judge them for it. And what's worse is that they might be right. It's a whole lotta bullshit.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

this is preeeetty fuckin funny to me maybe I'm just a douchebag

It's funny but I also want to set up a machine that endlessly knees this kid in the groin for all eternity on principle, and that's before I remember that he shot and killed a bunch of people.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It is 100000000000000% easier for a woman to get into my pants because a lot of people don't even think that "counts" and socially, as far as I can tell, it absolutely doesn't.

And if you're a guy who thinks that's bullshit, guess what, y'all made the rules.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

And if you're a guy who thinks that's bullshit, guess what, y'all made the rules.

Are you saying that guys are the only ones who slut shame? Because you'd be real loving wrong on that one.

Besides, neither gender is responsible for "making" the rules on their own. That's silly.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

people get reaaaally upset by this idea even as adults. on this very forum even. It's true, obviously, but lol.

Now I'm imagining some lonely garbage biologist in the back of some podunk lab furiously typing "no see out of all the species the human race have taxonomically categorized it is proven that none are observed having sexual intercourse for please in lieu of reproduction and furthermore"

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Pick posted:

It is 100000000000000% easier for a woman to get into my pants because a lot of people don't even think that "counts" and socially, as far as I can tell, it absolutely doesn't.

I can't count how many guys I know who have said out loud that they would have a major problem with their girlfriend kissing another dude, but would be completely fine (if not enthusiastic) about her doing anything and everything with another girl as long as it didn't change the way she treated the guy.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Besides, neither gender is responsible for "making" the rules on their own. That's silly.

Several centuries of patriarchy would like to have a word with you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PallasAthene posted:

I can't count how many guys I know who have said out loud that they would have a major problem with their girlfriend kissing another dude, but would be completely fine (if not enthusiastic) about her doing anything and everything with another girl as long as it didn't change the way she treated the guy.

I literally don't know exactly how many women I've had erotic contact with, but with the men I know exactly what I did after exactly how long and it is damned stringent.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

as a boy who occasionally enjoys a penis, it is some bullshit!

too bad people are dumb as f

as far as the not counting, I had a friend whose gf would hook up with girls at parties and he cared not at all. I'm talking about full on both naked in a dark room with the door closed and loud moaning going on while the bf was in the living room and afaik he really did not give a poo poo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
though I did make a joke along the lines of 'haha I bet you never made her make those sounds huh' and idk if he took that well but whatever man I had some drinks in me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I think the angle of that hat is a sin :catbert:

• Locked thread