Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the n word sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

:can:

Suicide Squad stars two white women, a Japanese woman, a black woman, 2 black men, a latino man, an Inuit man, and 4 small bit roles for white men.

Ghostbusters had three white ladies and a black stereotype.

:can:

Right but the Girlbusters apparently didn't "know their place."

EDIT: The Suicide Squad knows theirs, and also that their place is maximum security prison. So it's not pandering

naem
May 29, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Breaking: An aryan guy that calls himself Ninja is concerned about whether people are "down" or not.

Lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Young Freud posted:

Oh man, oh man, Die Antwoord calling out the movie... http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/10/die-antwoord-suicide-squad

That concept art also bares a lot of resemblance to Ninja.

lmao who cares

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Die Antwoorp look like the kind of crusty scum bums I would avoid going down Guadalupe street on my way to the Gyro shop

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

If an ugly dude with lovely tats and a grill is copyright infringement I think both Ninja and David Ayer have a lot to answer for.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Russian gulags are about to get a massive payout.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Luthor ding ding ding ding remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIKajSQ9DB0

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Holy cow suicide squad was bad!! None of it made any sense and the interactions between characters were really stilted and awkward and it beat you over the head with really base level details over and over (will smith loves his daughter x 7 times at least) and the music didnt add anything and the dude whose only interactions w other chars was "ey essay" and "you trippin homie" suddenly died for his new family and other stuff, too. when i was talking to a friend about it someone who overheard me said "id like to see you do better" and i poo poo my pants right then and there i tell you what.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a cop posted:

"id like to see you do better"

I love the "you can't criticize something because you're not successful at it" crowd. (see: Ebert vs. Rob Schneider)

That leaves Spielberg, Lucas, James Cameron, Brad Bird, John Lasseter, JJ Abrams, and Jennifer Lee, the money-makingest directors of critical darlings, as the only people who therefore are worthy of criticizing films.

a cop posted:

i poo poo my pants right then and there

classic gibbis

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
That Ninja fellow looks a fine looking chappie

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That Ninja fellow looks a fine looking chappie
Don't think this didn't go unappreciated. :golfclap:

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm watching Batman Begins and it's amazing how much better it is than Man of Steel.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Nirvikalpa posted:

I'm watching Batman Begins and it's amazing how much better it is than Man of Steel.

this could be said of pretty much any movie

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

this could be said of pretty much any movie

What about 'Ultraviolet'?

Actually, wait. I've seen both and given the choice, yeah I'd rather watch Ultraviolet again than Man of Steel.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm watching literal trainwrecks on YouTube. Amazing how much better this is than man of steel

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm literally watching a man die in a bed next to me and I'd rather watch this every night over Man of steel even once.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

What about 'Ultraviolet'?

Actually, wait. I've seen both and given the choice, yeah I'd rather watch Ultraviolet again than Man of Steel.

Ultraviolet is dumb but you can watch and enjoy it on a "this is silly schlock" level. Man of Steel is offensive trash made by an objectivist twat

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

G-III posted:

Ultraviolet is dumb but you can watch and enjoy it on a "this is silly schlock" level. Man of Steel is offensive trash made by an objectivist twat

lol no you can't. Ultraviolet is insanely boring.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

I'm watching Gods of Egypt and it's amazing how much better it is than Man of Steel.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

ZDar Fan posted:

I'm watching Gods of Egypt and it's amazing how much better it is than Man of Steel.

Gods of Egypt is rad.

Man of Steel is garbage made by probably the most autistic Randroid who ever failed to grasp human interactions.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I saw man of steel with my mother but we didn't know how the movie interacted with her menopause medication and now we have to take her for monthly scans to make sure she hasn't developed cancer.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

this was very good

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
which one was the one where superman flew a giant kryptonite meteor into the sun?

because imo I felt like "wow you took Superman who can pretty much do anything and somehow still managed to break my suspension of disbelief with what he does in the finale"

I think Kevin Spacey was LL who I felt pretty bad for because he was the only good actor in that movie and he managed to land a meteorite kryptonite on Superman and somehow still lost. I felt like he was bamboozled lol.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

lol no you can't. Ultraviolet is insanely boring.

This is completely true and correct.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

This is completely true and correct.

'Oh this might be a cool onscreen fight scene, at las-'
*Milla strikes a pose, everyone dies instantly*
'Oh'

Also I saw Suicide Squad and it, while not good by any means, was less awful than the movies I saw either side* so it was dumb but passable

*BVS and Batman and Robin. It... was a dark time in my life

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

mind the walrus posted:

I'm literally watching a man die in a bed next to me and I'd rather watch this every night over Man of steel even once.

Walrus literally murdering his bf in bed. Reading that post is better than Man O Steal

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Moridin920 posted:

which one was the one where superman flew a giant kryptonite meteor into the sun?

because imo I felt like "wow you took Superman who can pretty much do anything and somehow still managed to break my suspension of disbelief with what he does in the finale"

I think Kevin Spacey was LL who I felt pretty bad for because he was the only good actor in that movie and he managed to land a meteorite kryptonite on Superman and somehow still lost. I felt like he was bamboozled lol.

That was Superman Returns and it was cool because superman got his rear end kicked by Kumar

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I enjoyed Superman 4: The Quest For Peace.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

lazorexplosion posted:

I enjoyed Superman 4: The Quest For Peace.

Oh poo poo, go to the ER immediately

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I never check my internet provider email address and just saw that WB sent me a copyright violation back in June for downloading this lovely movie.

It's the movie that keeps on making GBS threads.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Zombie Boat posted:

Walrus literally murdering his bf in bed. Reading that post is better than Man O Steal

lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Don't worry WB, I deleted it and made sure to not share it with anyone.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh poo poo, go to the ER immediately

lmao

Hello ...Blah Da

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Don't worry WB, I deleted it and made sure to not share it with anyone.

I got the same email, I made sure to delete it and then write a one star review so no one else made the same mistake of watching it

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I don't know what objectivism is, but it makes bad posters mad so maybe it's good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Germstore posted:

I don't know what objectivism is, but it makes bad posters mad so maybe it's good.

Welcome to the Ron Paul R:evil:ution

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
all over Facebook today I saw ppl sharing some FDNY post in remembrance of two firemen who died a decade ago in a construction site fire because the contractor, the John Galt Co. (seriously), ignored a bunch of safety regulations including cutting the standpipe that brought water to the building to put out fires and basically DC movies are actually very good and Zack Snyder is genius

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Gatekeeper posted:

John Galt Co. (seriously)

no loving way ahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen