Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not doggin' Jamaal Charles. I think he's gonna be top 3 easy. He's the most dominant RB in modern day NFL history and has check down machine Alex Smith throwing to him. Also, ACL recovery isn't as big of a deal these days with the advances in technology and medicine. Used to be the career killer, but now you get guys like AP2K the year after.

I am definitely torn. Do I want the pretty girl with the big booty or the pretty girl with the big rack? Choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

I'm not doggin' Jamaal Charles. I think he's gonna be top 3 easy. He's the most dominant RB in modern day NFL history and has check down machine Alex Smith throwing to him. Also, ACL recovery isn't as big of a deal these days with the advances in technology and medicine. Used to be the career killer, but now you get guys like AP2K the year after.

I am definitely torn. Do I want the pretty girl with the big booty or the pretty girl with the big rack? Choices.

why not both?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

VietCampo posted:

why not both?

Cause then I have to stop talking to the one that for sure puts out. Brandon Marshall.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 10, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You guys should join the cool and good spreadsheet wars league. All the popular kids are doing it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

ESPN Giants reporter Jordan Raanan says Andre Williams is in the lead for the team's No. 2 back job.

This does not include Shane Vereen, who has a specialty role. Raanan is saying Williams is second in line for carries behind Rashad Jennings. Colleague Ralph Vacchiano recently stated the Giants hope to work in Williams for "a couple of series a game." The G-Men continue to seem hellbent on making Williams work. He poses a threat to Jennings' short-yardage and goal-line usage.

Just free Rashad you useless motherfuckers.

On the bright side, Rashad should be plenty cheap for a while.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
For non fantasy reasons in fine with that. Jennings is good but he's pretty brittle.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This may be the first time since 2004 that the Giants employ a new running style out of their backfield. Or McAdoo promised Coughlin on his deathbed that he'd continue to use a battering ram HB to tire down DEs. We will see! (Stay away from NY's backfield it's awful just take ODB, Shepard, and Eli as a late starter/backup and thank me in advance)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Benne posted:

Just free Vereen you useless motherfuckers.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I posted in the posts league

Holy crap 14 teams I think the most I've ever done is 10

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I play in a 16 team league and we had to eliminate a bench spot (from 4 to 3) so we can have a larger waiver pool.

It gets bad but Ive had some really good teams that can could even compete in a smaller league.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Benne posted:

Just free Rashad you useless motherfuckers.

On the bright side, Rashad should be plenty cheap for a while.

Free Paul Perkins

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The Goon Beer FF League expanded to 16 teams last year and it was pretty fun. Definitely made things challenging!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My league decided to cut our Dynasty rosters from 29 to 25, and I'm sitting at 33 players right (overflow from draft and IR spots). And I like my whole team (sans Zach Zenner). I don't know what to do.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Post it and let us confuse you even more

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Post it and let us confuse you even more

I was debating this.

My Roster:
QBs
Brady, Tom
Carr, Derek
Newton, Cam
Roethlisberger, Ben

RBs
Bernard, Giovani
Drake, Kenyan
Ervin, Tyler
Hill, Jeremy
Jones, Matt
McKinnon, Jerick
Miller, Lamar
Murray, Latavius
Prosise, C.J.
Sims, Charles
Ware, Spencer
West, Charcandrick
Zenner, Zach

WRs
Adams, Davante
Bryant, Martavis
Evans, Mike
Funchess, Devin
Higgins, Rashard
Jones, Marvin
Robinson, Allen
Tate, Golden
Thomas, Demaryius

TEs
Kelce, Travis
Miller, Zach
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin
Thomas, Julius

K
Tucker, Justin

Def
Bengals, Cincinnati
Packers, Green Bay

My cuts so far are probably:
Zach Zenner
ASJ

Probably need to cut a QB and Def as well. League is tiered PPR (QB/TE = 1pt, RB = .75, WR = .5), and 3 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex x3/K/Def)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

So, I'm in a 12 man 0.3 PPR (yeah) league. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR Flex, 1 K, 1 DEF. I'm picking 11th out of 12 and it's THIS Sunday. I bought a subscription to Rotoviz and I'm really liking it so far. The place does preach a zero RB strategy and I've been getting behind that a lot in my other leagues (I pick 3rd and 4th in those). BUT], I've been messing around with their Draft Optimizer app and have had some interesting results.

It's actually recommending the opposite approach being at the end of the 1st round. Instead recommending going RB-RB-RB-RB or WR-RB-RB-RB. Once I got it to show RB-RB-WR-RB. And then picking a QB in the 5th. Usually, with the 11th pick, it recommends the likely combos of:

Option A
1st - Lamar Miller
2nd - Jamaal Charles
3rd - CJ Anderson
4th - Matt Forte
5th - Russell Wilson

Option B
1st - Jordy Nelson
2nd - Jamaal Charles
3rd - CJ Anderson/Dion Lewis
4th - Matt Forte
5th - Russell Wilson

Option C
1st - Lamar Miller
2nd - Jamaal Charles
3rd - Jeremy Maclin
4th - Matt Forte

The first option seems insane, because you can only start 3 RBs. So it's just hedging your RB bet. But...I dunno..

I've been planning on going WR heavy in most of my leagues in the first 3-4 rounds. But, with the very popular strategy of going zero RB that's gone mainstream this year (after the RBpocalypse of 2015 and the fact that top round RBs getting serious injuries is 30% higher than top round WRs)....it's setting up somebody in a lot of leagues to reap the benefits of everybody passing on RBs and reaching on some WRs.

Perhaps this is actually a viable strategy for those with super late draft picks?

WRs to target with this possible strategy:
Jarvis Landry (possible)
Jeremy Maclin
Donte Moncrief
Emmanuel Sanders
John Brown
Devante Parker
Tyler Lockett
Allen Hurns
Torrey Smith
Stefon Diggs
Devin Funchess
Rishard Matthews

I would never, ever, EVER commit to a position-based strategy before a draft. Just keep it loose, take the best player available, see who falls to you, and after 2-3 rounds see what positions you need and adjust accordingly.

Rb zero should never be a goal entering a draft, it should just fall in your lap because other positions had value too great to pass up.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 11, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I was debating this.

My Roster:
QBs
Brady, Tom
Carr, Derek
Newton, Cam
Roethlisberger, Ben

RBs
Bernard, Giovani
Drake, Kenyan
Ervin, Tyler
Hill, Jeremy
Jones, Matt
McKinnon, Jerick
Miller, Lamar
Murray, Latavius
Prosise, C.J.
Sims, Charles
Ware, Spencer
West, Charcandrick
Zenner, Zach

WRs
Adams, Davante
Bryant, Martavis
Evans, Mike
Funchess, Devin
Higgins, Rashard
Jones, Marvin
Robinson, Allen
Tate, Golden
Thomas, Demaryius

TEs
Kelce, Travis
Miller, Zach
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin
Thomas, Julius

K
Tucker, Justin

Def
Bengals, Cincinnati
Packers, Green Bay

Zach Zenner
ASJ

Probably need to cut a QB and Def as well. League is tiered PPR (QB/TE = 1pt, RB = .75, WR = .5), and 3 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex x3/K/Def)

DST in dynasty, gross.

Cuts for me:
Brady, Packers, Zenner, Zach Miller, Ervin, Higgins, Davante Adams, Kenyan Drake, then probably Bengals (assuming any DST hoarders will be dropping some with these cuts) or, if that makes you nervous, ASJ, or whichever of West or Ware you like less (I'd drop West of the two). Edit: changed my mind on dropping Bengals, since you'll need a DST and they'll be above average anyway.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

DST in dynasty, gross.

Cuts for me:
Brady, Packers, Zenner, Zach Miller, Ervin, Higgins, Davante Adams, Kenyan Drake, then probably Bengals (assuming any DST hoarders will be dropping some with these cuts) or, I'd that makes you nervous, ASJ, or whichever of West or Ware you like less (I'd drop West of the two).

Yeah I pushed really hard for IDP, but some people think IDP is less fun which makes zero sense to me. (My suggestion was to implement IDP but keep roster size the same forcing managers to make cuts that way)

I wanted to keep Ervin as backup for Miller, and might hang on to one of the DSTs just because my league tends to hold the higher end ones. What's your thinking for dropping West over Ware? West was the one who got first dibs when Charles went down so I figured he'd be the lock of the two. I agree with Brady, Adams, Zenner, and the Packers. Hate to drop 2-3 of my rookie picks though :/

Has there been word out of the camps about Higgins, Ervin, or Drake?

E: I see Drake has hurt his hamstring. Higgins I'm not really hopeful for as was a late round flier deal, so I will probably cut him.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 11, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

So I'm doing my first auction draft this year and have started to do a little prep to get a feel for it. Just did my first mock - 12 teams, PPR, $200 budget. Anything here look particularly egregious or savvy? I ended up with $6 left over, which I didn't like, and my RB2 situation is kinda ugly. How'd I do overall?

QB Derek Carr - $1
RB Lamar Miller - $55
RB Matt Jones - $7
WR A.J. Green - $56
WR Keenan Allen - $28
TE Coby Fleener - $3
FLEX Randall Cobb - $13
Broncos D/ST - $1
K Stephen Gostkowski - $2

Bench

Donte Moncrief - $8
Danny Woodhead - $6
Frank Gore - $5
Marvin Jones - $2
Giovani Bernard - $3
Chris Ivory - $2
Vincent Jackson - $2

Paid $2 for Gostkowski because I knew I'd have money leftover and wanted to steal him from the guy that nominated him. Have to do a little more prep in terms of ADPs this year as well.

Getting woodhead for 3% of your budget in a ppr is steal-of-the-century, at least for all of my leagues
I actually love how you played rb2. Matt Jones could end up great, and if not youve got gore and woodhead to get you some dependable, if boring, produftion.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 11, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I was debating this.

My Roster:
QBs
Brady, Tom
Carr, Derek
Newton, Cam
Roethlisberger, Ben

RBs
Bernard, Giovani
Drake, Kenyan
Ervin, Tyler
Hill, Jeremy
Jones, Matt
McKinnon, Jerick
Miller, Lamar
Murray, Latavius
Prosise, C.J.
Sims, Charles
Ware, Spencer
West, Charcandrick
Zenner, Zach

WRs
Adams, Davante
Bryant, Martavis
Evans, Mike
Funchess, Devin
Higgins, Rashard
Jones, Marvin
Robinson, Allen
Tate, Golden
Thomas, Demaryius

TEs
Kelce, Travis
Miller, Zach
Seferian-Jenkins, Austin
Thomas, Julius

K
Tucker, Justin

Def
Bengals, Cincinnati
Packers, Green Bay

Zach Zenner
ASJ

I'd cut Zach Miller before ASJ personally. ASJ still has a lot of upside - and even if you don't personally believe, you should still be able to get something for him in trade from another owner.

Also, before you make cuts, send out some aggressive package up trade offers to other owners (especially those who need to make fewer cuts than you). You may be able to consolidate some roster space or acquire rookie picks.

Here is who I'd recommend you cut:

Zenner
West (or Brady, but just know that someone contending team will likely scoop him up right away)
Ervin
Drake
Adams
Higgins
Packers D
Miller

Nice team, BTW.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
First world problem:
I really want to mock draft, because its fun, but theres no real point as all 4 of my leagues are auction

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

I'd cut Zach Miller before ASJ personally. ASJ still has a lot of upside - and even if you don't personally believe, you should still be able to get something for him in trade from another owner.

Also, before you make cuts, send out some aggressive package up trade offers to other owners (especially those who need to make fewer cuts than you). You may be able to consolidate some roster space or acquire rookie picks.

Here is who I'd recommend you cut:

Zenner
West (or Brady, but just know that someone contending team will likely scoop him up right away)
Ervin
Drake
Adams
Higgins
Packers D
Miller

Nice team, BTW.

Thanks, sadly after this season I only get to keep 14 of them (league decided we should "reset" rosters every 3 years with 14 players being keepable).

Seems like my rookies are first on the block. I asked RVP this, but why West instead of Ware?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Thanks, sadly after this season I only get to keep 14 of them (league decided we should "reset" rosters every 3 years with 14 players being keepable).

Seems like my rookies are first on the block. I asked RVP this, but why West instead of Ware?

Most pre-season/camp talk has pointed to Ware being the primary backup rather than West, and possibly the goal-line guy. It's just speculation at this point, so take it as you will. FWIW Matt Waldmann was a huge fan of Spencer Ware coming out, if you trust his talent evaluation.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8594/spencer-ware

ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher considers Spencer Ware the team's No. 2 back behind Jamaal Charles.

Although Charcandrick West made flashier plays, Ware severely outperformed him last season and is a better stylistic complement to Charles as a between-the-tackles pounder. There is a conceivable scenario in which Ware could offer some standalone value this year, especially if he handles short-yardage and goal-line work. Ware is a better late-round dart throw than West in fantasy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Although Charcandrick West made flashier plays, Ware severely outperformed him last season and is a better stylistic complement to Charles as a between-the-tackles pounder. There is a conceivable scenario in which Ware could offer some standalone value this year, especially if he handles short-yardage and goal-line work. Ware is a better late-round dart throw than West in fantasy

Makes sense. I figured it was largely the complementary to Charles bit, didn't realize he's considered the true No. 2.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Makes sense. I figured it was largely the complementary to Charles bit, didn't realize he's considered the true No. 2.

West vs Ware was already hit, but as for Drake, Ervin, and Higgins, I'm not aware of anything specific coming out about them disappointing it anything like that. They're all just long shots to have much value, and you don't have any vets besides those I listed that have less value.

And in case you didn't see my edit above, I'd hold Bengals. You'll need a DST and they're a good one.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Profootballtalk reports "retirement remains an option" for Ladarius Green as he deals with recurring headaches.

Per Mike Florio, "rumors" of Green's headaches have been circulating since the beginning of camp. In a bit of unnecessary deception, the Steelers had been insisting Green's absence was related to his offseason ankle surgery. Florio reports the Steelers could "eventually" release Green if the headaches do not subside. With the news finally out in the open, developments figure to come at a rapid pace. It goes without saying Green should no longer be drafted as a TE1. He's a high-risk TE2 flier.

Wasn't expecting him to go down before Jordan Reed :rip:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

He was my TE1 in the Scott Fish Bowl. Guess I'm spending all my waiver bucks on an early breakout TE since Kyle freaking Rudolph is my backup!

And I really hope Green is OK, that's some scary poo poo...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
How'd you get into the Scott Fish Bowl? That's awesome, who are you playing with? Are you secretly a fantasy analyst?

Are you Evan Silva? Please pronounce "Delanie Walker."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey Spoeank, you just echoing others suggestions for my cuts? Want to get your thoughts on it as well because I'm insecure.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yeah I agree with Cervixalot & keep Ware over West for what was outlined. I didn't have anything to add. If you're going down to 14 next year the guys that are 2-3 away are pointless because the top 14 on your team is disgustingly good.

Edit: trade a QB and another piece to get a really good RB sometime this year though. Consolidate that talent if you can

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I wish compliments converted to trophies.

Thanks for help though. It's put my cuts into a much better perspective.

Spoeank posted:

Edit: trade a QB and another piece to get a really good RB sometime this year though. Consolidate that talent if you can

Yeah that's what I've been trying to do.

Do you think moving Gio/Hill as package is something I should look at?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

How'd you get into the Scott Fish Bowl? That's awesome, who are you playing with? Are you secretly a fantasy analyst?

Are you Evan Silva? Please pronounce "Delanie Walker."

I'm not an analyst, just a fan that listens to too many fantasy podcasts! I won an entry by rating and reviewing the Dynasty Blueprint podcast, and drafted against Ryan McDowell and some other analysts who I wasn't too familiar with.

Here's my team:

QB: Cousins, Tyrod, Goff
RB: Gurley, Charles, Rawls, Matt Jones, Sims, Watson, Zenner, Collins
WR: J. Nelson, Decker, Torrey Smith, VJax, Doctson, B. Ellington, Janis, Britt
TE: Green, Rudolph, N. Paul

I loaded up on workhorse RBs early to take advantage of the .25 points per carry and plan to start the full 5 RBs. I faded TE a bit too much in retrospect given the premium, and now the news that Ladarius Green might be done w/football is a huge blow. As I mentioned above, I'm probably going to need to get lucky and snag a breakout TE on the waiver wire to have a shot this year, unless Kyle Rudolph does something (he won't) or Jordan Reed gets injured (he might).

For reference, SFB rosters are:
QB
RB/RB
WR/WR/WR
TE
Superflex
Flex/Flex/Flex

.5 PPR for WRs and RBs, 1 PPR for TEs. .25 per carry for all positions (including QB)

It was really fun to draft and shoot the poo poo with folks on Twitter, and I'm excited to get crushed mercilessly. The draft alone was a great experience, and if you're interested in participating next year, you can sign up now on https://www.scottfishbowl.com and keep an eye out for podcast/Twitter contests early summer next year.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 11, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Not a fan of jordy but I like your team a lot GOOD LUCK!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cervixalot posted:

I'm not an analyst, just a fan that listens to too many fantasy podcasts!

It was really fun to draft and shoot the poo poo with folks on Twitter, and I'm excited to get crushed mercilessly. The draft alone was a great experience, and if you're interested in participating next year, you can sign up now on https://www.scottfishbowl.com and keep an eye out for podcast/Twitter contests early summer next year.

That's great! I just checked the experts list and I know a handful of these people. I'm gonna leverage this and get in as an expert next year :twisted:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
In my 12-team PPR mocks drafting first overall, I often have the option of picking up Amari Cooper or TY Hilton on the 2/3 turn. I generally take 1 RB here since AB84 is my first pick and the "experts" say draft Cooper. What do you all think of Cooper vs. Hilton at that spot.

Demaryius Thomas & Jarvis Landry are also consistently available there.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

MrSargent posted:

In my 12-team PPR mocks drafting first overall, I often have the option of picking up Amari Cooper or TY Hilton on the 2/3 turn. I generally take 1 RB here since AB84 is my first pick and the "experts" say draft Cooper. What do you all think of Cooper vs. Hilton at that spot.

I'd have to side with Hilton until they start throwing to cooper in the redzone.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

MrSargent posted:

I like TY there. I think analysts tend to bump Coop a tad just because he is really, really fun to watch, and tend to fade TY a tad because he is sort of quietly good instead of OBJ good. Pretty much every projection (rather than ranking) has TY coming out on top.

Also, I posted round-by-round draft targets from the 1 spot in 12-team ppr a few days ago, which seems pertinent in case you missed it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ryan Mathews 1.01 now

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/747469904123674624

Big fan of Hilton in the 2nd this year.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Shouldn't be too hard. Shoot me a PM.

Just getting to this now but don't have PMs. I can do email or twitter or whatever else works though (if anything else works)!

• Locked thread