Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

shadow puppet of a posted:

Since we all overlook their codified oppression and medieval cruelty in their justice system anyway, I'd like to see them get it. They'd build some incredible facilities and would have the most lavish and overproduced opening ceremonies.

They could even borrow the slave workforce that's building stadiums in Qatar for World Cup 2022... if any survive of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

goatface posted:

What's with the little paperweight they give them? Why can't they just give some flowers like a normal ceremony?

its a medal apparently

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

doomisland posted:

its a medal apparently

Not the medal. That thing that looks like a knick-knack for an executive's desk. Like it belongs right next to the Newton's cradle.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

goatface posted:

They could give them some pot.

I mean, right?
That's not performance enhancing.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

flosofl posted:

Not the medal. That thing that looks like a knick-knack for an executive's desk. Like it belongs right next to the Newton's cradle.

Yeah I'm retarded, it's a medal holder. Forgot that keyword.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Spookydonut posted:

I don't get why everyone doesn't do what the netherlands does, wouldn't it reduce the chance of rashes from the sand? (or getting cut by broken glass) I mean you'd probably get sand loving everywhere and wearing just a bikini it would be easier to de-sandify.

True victory comes after the match when they marry a really rich guy and never have to do anything again that they don't want to.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

People need to stop the "British people have bad teeth jokes" and move onto "Chinese/Japanese people have bad teeth"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Xelkelvos posted:

People need to stop the "British people have bad teeth jokes" and move onto "Chinese/Japanese people have bad teeth"

If only your idea wasn't so terribly racist.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Asians: The Worst? Or Merely Bad?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Xelkelvos posted:

Aren't uneven teeth considered attractive in Japan? That's why they have so many snaggle-toothed anime girls.

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009
CBC commentator after the women's 4x200 thought he was off mike and said "The Chinese were let down by the 14 year old. She went out like stink and died like a pig."

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

VRViperII posted:

CBC commentator after the women's 4x200 thought he was off mike and said "The Chinese were let down by the 14 year old. She went out like stink and died like a pig."

I caught that too, you could almost hear the subsequent *gulp* when someone whispered to him that he was still on air. CBC didn't follow up with anything about it so I guess they're just going to try and bury it until someone gets internet mad and raises a fuss. Hopefully they keep that commentator around, despite being kind of nasally he's got a lot of interesting stuff to say, especially since Elliot Freedman obviously doesn't have a clue on what he's watching.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Haha CBC just made a short statement about the mic being left open.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

Dread Head posted:

Haha CBC just made a short statement about the mic being left open.

"His comment was about a swimmers performance and nothing more, however it was an unfortunate choice of words and we apologize"

See, she swam like a pig, but she's not a pig. Sorrrrrrwie everyone.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Day 5 in pictures,

http://www.abplive.in/sports/day-5-best-pictures-from-rio-olympics-2016-396106#image1

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

If only your idea wasn't so terribly racist.

It is, but it's also unfortunately true in regards to the people they consider photogenic enough to be on TV and in movies or famous in general

Say Nothing posted:

Aren't uneven teeth considered attractive in Japan? That's why they have so many snaggle-toothed anime girls.

It's not unattractive, but idk if there's a thing for 3D girls with bad teeth in Japan.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

B!G_$W@NG@ posted:

I mean, right?
That's not performance enhancing.

Not unless sitting on the couch with a bag of cheetos watching M*A*S*H reruns becomes and Olympic sport

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Xelkelvos posted:

It is, but it's also unfortunately true in regards to the people they consider photogenic enough to be on TV and in movies or famous in general

It's not unattractive, but idk if there's a thing for 3D girls with bad teeth in Japan.

http://xpatnation.com/yaeba-would-you-pay-to-make-your-teeth-crooked-its-all-the-rage-in-japan/

That explains all I guess.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Phelps' kid is named Boomer, so he's literally baby Boomer? :doh:

I'm sure they do this all the time but I like to imagine it's just a Rio thing and they have to clean all the poo poo off their boats after every race :cocaine: (I was too lazy to find the proper poo smiley so just pretend that's powdered steroids or something).

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I thought they all had plans to wear gloves and protective gear when cleaning the poo water off their boats?

I bet nobody but other rowers want to gently caress the rowers cruising athletes village Tinder.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang, they can't even get sunny weather. i had this image of rio always being sunny at least.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
This starts tomorrow, get hyped.

https://twitter.com/emmettknowlton/status/762708311821152257/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That capybara appears to have a small head.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They missed this picture though. Guy getting hit in the arm by a pass while trying to eat his jersey.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

That capybara appears to have a small head.

:siren:Zika.:siren:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Now security themselves is molesting people.

A private security guard at Rio's Olympic Park has been arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a female firefighter while she slept, police said Monday.

"A security agent from a company working at the velodrome in the Olympic Park was caught red-handed" on Sunday, the police statement said.

He was accused of molesting the woman while she slept 'and could not offer resistance'.

Brazil suffers high levels of violence against women, with statistics suggesting that in 2014 a sexual assault took place on average every 11 minutes.

http://sports.ndtv.com/olympics-2016/news/261360-rio-olympic-park-guard-arrested-in-sex-assault

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, that capy is walking on its own instead of gurgling and twitching on the ground

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Serious Frolicking posted:

nah, that capy is walking on its own instead of gurgling and twitching on the ground

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

clearly that is a zikachu

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Scaramouche posted:

9/11 Toothers

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Spookydonut posted:

Netherlands beach volleyball girls are wearing like a bikini top over skins (compression clothes).

I was like "oh it must be cold there today" then the aussies came out in their normal bikinis.

I don't get why everyone doesn't do what the netherlands does, wouldn't it reduce the chance of rashes from the sand? (or getting cut by broken glass) I mean you'd probably get sand loving everywhere and wearing just a bikini it would be easier to de-sandify.

you're not gay are you?

j/k i didn't see any pics of this but i dont believe that a bikini is essential to looking good, see Examples A and B below

even if u are gay those volleybuns prob at least make u want to get a hot dog...

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 11, 2016

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

the mens volleyball outfits are complete BS. not sexy at all.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

pls Brazilians don't kill the ratcow :ohdear:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mariana Horchata posted:

you're not gay are you?

j/k i didn't see any pics of this but i dont believe that a bikini is essential to looking good, see Examples A and B below

even if u are gay those volleybuns prob at least make u want to get a hot dog...

All of women's volleyball is great to be honest.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Why is it called volleyball if there's only one ball

They should just call it Hitler

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KomodoWagon posted:

Why is it called volleyball if there's only one ball

They should just call it Hitler

I think it's mostly because it's a sport played with one ball where the objective is to volley the ball back and forth without it touching the ground.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Nah, that can't be it, too straightforward.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
To volley is to discharge a plural amount missiles (in this case a ball) simultaneously. The point remains that this sport should be renamed Hitler by the IOC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread