Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hH7vZF15SY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/sydneemcelroy/status/763070560603508736

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
The correct podcast order is:
MBMBAM > Adventure Zone > Cool Games Inc > Rose Buddies > Sawbones > Shmanners > "The Rest"

Even though Justin is my favorite brother Griffin just tends to bring out the best in his fellow hosts.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I like to imagine it's full of Lindenbucks.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

an unending cycle of horrors

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
I have listened to Court Appointed after they mentioned it in MBMBAM and now I desperately want to have a podcast with Clint McElroy and Tommy Smirl. They would have the dad jokes on lockdown.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Tom Funk posted:

I started listening to mbmbam/the adventure zone about 2 or 3 months ago and just caught up. I'm a farmer (you know I'm sending in some farm wisdom), so I can listening to, like, 8 episodes a day if I wanted. It's going to be strange waiting a week for new episodes.

At least I can immerse myself in Rose Buddies and Saw Bones for a little while.

Hot tip: become a MaxFun donor and get up on that bonus content! I finished catching up on the adventure zone recently and I was so sad, but then I remembered that there were three more bonus episodes to listen to (plus, like, eight mbmbam episodes).

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
I did! I'm pretty deep into the Mcelroy empire right now. It's weird, I was aware of a few of their projects (Can I pet your dog, Monster Factory) but had no idea just how far their glorious reach went.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

More entertainment than No Man's Sky and it didn't cost me a cent :thumbsup:

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Colander Crotch posted:

I have listened to Court Appointed after they mentioned it in MBMBAM and now I desperately want to have a podcast with Clint McElroy and Tommy Smirl. They would have the dad jokes on lockdown.

It's only a matter of time before every possible combination of McElroy extended family member does a podcast with every other one

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Nuzlocke run episode 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-gKkxmrG3s

RIP Sea Breeze :(

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

See, this is why dogs are outdated and need an upgrade. The Monster Factory was clearly foreshadowing for this episode of the Nuzlocke run, in the McElroy Extended Cinematic Universe.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
life just feels a bit more emptier now

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I wish there was a bit less editing in the nuzlocke run, I know skipping grinding is a good thing, but just seeing a highlight reel makes everything feel disjointed and out of context

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/polunocnica/status/763452064382844928

:nms:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

padijun posted:

Nuzlocke run episode 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-gKkxmrG3s

RIP Sea Breeze :(
as long as it wasn't miss beakman

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Which JAA'M is your favourite? I'm quite partial to the orb with a mouth.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

That Monster Factory kinda made me want to check out Spore again, and was flabbergasted to find that 1) It's still $60 for the full package, and 2) The only parts DLC that was released for the game costs as much as the base game.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Roach Warehouse posted:

That one is like somebody slapped Homer simpson's mouth on an egg so there's an elegant simplicity

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Roach Warehouse posted:

big fan of the menorah crab with the truly incomprehensible walk animation

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
The 'lympic goof at the beginning of this weeks MBMBAM is

*kisses fingers like a chef*

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Sydnee shows up very briefly in this good video about the 1904 Olympic Marathon, 12 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AhABManTw

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Justin's sincere sadness at Ren's reaction to him trying to banish her :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Horsie the Horso Torse, touch him and your wishes come true.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

An odd request, but can anyone recommend me a podcast similar to the Adventure Zone? I binged through the backlog in a few weeks of commuting but am jonesing for something else like it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Jon Irenicus posted:

An odd request, but can anyone recommend me a podcast similar to the Adventure Zone? I binged through the backlog in a few weeks of commuting but am jonesing for something else like it.

Dragon Friends is the closest I've found in tone to TAZ. It's a lot goofier, but the production values are top notch and they have Benny Davis from Axis of Awesome doing live music and sound effects work.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Jon Irenicus posted:

It doesn't have the same production values as The Adventure Zone, but Six Feats Under is another pretty good one in the "tabletop comedy" genre. The backlog for the main campaign is intimidatingly huge (and the early episodes are pretty rough so I haven't had a chance to get into it) but the one-offs are fantastic. My absolute favorite is Inspectres: or I Married a Skunkape followed by the World Wide Wrestling series.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jon Irenicus posted:

The only actual play podcast besides Adventure Zone I enjoy is one shots. They are a bunch of improvisers, and they do one shots in a ton of different systems.
They also have Campaign which is a continuing story in the Star Wars RPG.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011

Jon Irenicus posted:

Friends at the Table apparently one of the few podcasts Griffin listens to and probably a direct inspiration for a lot of the stuff on the Adventure Zone. Audio quality is dog poo poo for the first few episodes but it's really good and you can jump to a different season without issue if it bothers you. They also did an introductory episode recently that's probably a good jumping off point.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Jon Irenicus posted:

Campaign and Friends at the Table are what you want. Campaign is Star Wars, FatT is multiple seasons with a different story/game each season (first season is D&D-esque fantasy, second is space cyberpunk, and they just started a new season set in the same world as the first).

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Justin McElroy is very loving good at Dungeons and Dragons.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

FutonForensic posted:

Sydnee shows up very briefly in this good video about the 1904 Olympic Marathon, 12 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4AhABManTw

Of all the pro-clicks, this is the pro-est.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Pretty Good rules and I'm so happy that the McElroys, Jon Bois, and The Dollop now have a common link. (That supplementary episode of The Dollop is great, btw.)

Jon Irenicus posted:

I've never listened to it, but people seem to like Hello from the Magic Tavern.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Reformed Pissboy posted:

I've never listened to it, but people seem to like Hello from the Magic Tavern.

I've only listened to a couple episodes but I'm enjoying it so far. It's entirely the in-person fantasy improv role playing and world building without any actual pesky tabletop game to get in the way, it takes a few eps to get going but I knew I would be listening for a while when they reveal that the talking badger is actually a changeling who turns into the last thing he hosed...and he hosed a badger.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The ending of today's TAZ was perfect.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Poopy Palpy posted:

Justin McElroy is very loving good at Dungeons and Dragons.

He's super mindful of this being for an audience, I really appreciate it. Next campaign I hope everyone rolls with a magic using class, it opens up a lot of storytelling options.

Great episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I could see Travis trying to play a bard if they ever start a new campaign.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Adventure Zone officially better than MBMBAM now. Gat dang that was an amazing episode.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
This arc has been so very good, and the newest episode was the best yet. I wonder if they'll be able to wrap it up next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jon Irenicus posted:

It's not D&D but if you want a podcast with a hefty blend of silly and genuine storytelling like AZ does well, I'd say the Campaign Podcast does it best.

http://oneshotpodcast.com/category/podcasts/campaign/campaign-podcast/

They also do the One Shot Podcast which is also cool, but it's, as you'd expect, one shot adventures with a rotating cast and a bunch of different game systems, though it does have things like an excellent Legend of the Five Rings game that spans a few sessions, and the intro sessions to the Star Wars game that becomes Campaign.