Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i think i have like 3000 hours in TF2 or something retarded like that, but 90% of that was idling for hats back when i had AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Glad I'm not the only one who uses that song in frag videos. :dukedoge:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Got 10gigs of frag vids saved already.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i think i have like 3000 hours in TF2 or something retarded like that, but 90% of that was idling for hats back when i had AIDS.

I got a 150 dollar hat scammed off me by a guy pretending to be an extremely popular hat trader cuz I didn't care enough to do the research about him... :eng99:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah i wanna say most of my hours were idling. nothing aidsy about making money off letting a program run in text mode once a week imo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think someone on here got a rasta hat that rolled with a smoky effect and after a bidding war it sold for like 600+ lol people loving love digital cosmetic crap

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had a stupid set of goggles for medic which I never play that looked stupid as hell and it had floating hearts on it for years and someone finally contacted me and offered 150 dollars out of the blue but then they just stole the hat.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I did at least enough research to see that the Market Value of the hat was indeed that much but I didn't bother checking the dude out. I had a proxy person who was familiar with Hat Trading helping me or something but she let me down.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm the Hanzo picker, but all my other favorites are respectable.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i knew a guy who had some 2k hours in tf2 and it was almost solely medic and there's apparently tons of players like that, very creepy

google "healsluts"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

google "healsluts"

uhh no

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lmao i cant believe people played that garbage shooter tf2 (incouding me, had a bit of a Hat problem & i actually ended up having to go to a specialized gaming rehab in south korea for) so much. Rediculous. Anyways, back to Overwatch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I had a stupid set of goggles for medic which I never play that looked stupid as hell and it had floating hearts on it for years and someone finally contacted me and offered 150 dollars out of the blue but then they just stole the hat.

how is that even possible

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

how is that even possible

I wasn't really sure what I was doing so I just thought you were supposed to trade on good faith or whatever so I told the guy my paypal address and gave him the hat and then he deleted the steam account after giving it to his real one. lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

I got a 150 dollar hat scammed off me by a guy pretending to be an extremely popular hat trader cuz I didn't care enough to do the research about him... :eng99:

The first time I played steam TF2 a guy convinced me to trade my iPod headphones for his boxing gloves

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The first time I played steam TF2 a guy convinced me to trade my iPod headphones for his boxing gloves

lol Are those the ones that are the SoJ of TF2.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the community that spawned around hats is one of the biggest lymphomatic cancers videogames have ever suffered

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

ArfJason posted:

the community that spawned around hats is one of the biggest lymphomatic cancers videogames have ever suffered

The Team Fortress 2 cosmetic items metagame

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lol Are those the ones that are the SoJ of TF2.

Yeah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ever since that happened to me I just give away the rare hats I get if they look ugly.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i gave my friend my earbuds but he also bought me a bunch of games in exchange for them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My friend has a pair of earbuds and hes been sandbagging them for years as they value kept inflating but apparently last year someone learned how to dupe them so theyre valueless now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

My friend has a pair of earbuds and hes been sandbagging them for years as they value kept inflating but apparently last year someone learned how to dupe them so theyre valueless now.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

owned

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

In Training posted:

lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

The economy of the game that has it's own in-house economist analyzing it for months and then left to become Greece's finance minister ftw.

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 11, 2016

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ive never been scammed for items because i assume anyone wants to trade anything its a scam

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Greece, the most coveted of all finance ministry positions

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

ive never been scammed for items because i assume anyone wants to trade anything its a scam

My experience of being scammed goes back to someone telling me I could dupe a crystal sword with 6 perfect emeralds in it if I dropped it on the ground in cold plains.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

My experience of being scammed goes back to someone telling me I could dupe a crystal sword with 6 perfect emeralds in it if I dropped it on the ground in cold plains.

i ran this exact scam when i was 10 years old playing runescape

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My sister used to pull mad scams on like every free online game and got filthy freakin rich doing it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

me [10 years old with an obscene amount of epic runescape loot]: all you have too do is drop everything you want to dupe on the ground, then press alt-f4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

me [10 years old with an obscene amount of epic runescape loot]: all you have too do is drop everything you want to dupe on the ground, then press alt-f4

i was the guy that would lead people out into the pvp zone where friends were lying in wait to murder them

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

hog counters virtually everything and if you miss with the hook you probably have a brain disease because it's such a bullshit hitbox lol

even the classes that counter him (pharrah, snipers, etc.) die in one hit to that stupid thing and every other tank can't fight him 1v1

I remember getting hooked with Lúcio in Ilios and I somehow used the Alt Fire a split second before he shot me and it threw him into the big hole and it was one of my biggest feels of relief in gaming I felt. Never managed to replicate that again though.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bobnumerotres posted:

god bless some of the videos those people made though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAKp7Efyu_w

why does he have his gun model and shiz turned off.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rediscover posted:

noob

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

rediscover posted:

the to better see you with, said the wolf

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
duh. i thought maybe there was another less obvious and more interesting reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

rediscover posted:

duh. i thought maybe there was another less obvious and more interesting reason

The gun gets in the way usually. Plus he probably came from Quake or something where you play with the gun off most the time as well. Though when I play it these days I put the gun on Ghost Mode so it's transparent grey cuz I like to see the model of the gun to make sure it's the right thing.

• Locked thread