Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I went to get a snack after game 1 when the draft was starting and came back and missed the entire game 2

and now I have nothing left to watch to go to bed to i was hoping for a game 3 god dangit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Universe :swoon:

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Bad Moon posted:

Bad Moon remembers.

He's European, he can't help it

don't they have professionals to dress this baby who looks like he is 40 ?

??

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
"Fear was offlane Axe for some reason, not sure why" - Universe

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

I went to get a snack after game 1 when the draft was starting and came back and missed the entire game 2

and now I have nothing left to watch to go to bed to i was hoping for a game 3 god dangit

I would be in full support of them playing an honorary game three. We should be able to get encores drat it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Xtanstic posted:

also all star game

gently caress that's gonna be a long day

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

what the gently caress kind of elaborate snack did you make you goony goon that it took that much time?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

dicks assassin posted:

gently caress that's gonna be a long day

actually I wrote it down wrong, it's only three BO3 series then Allstar Game

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

skipThings posted:

don't they have professionals to dress this baby who looks like he is 40 ?

??

Did you not see Godz?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

universe is such a cool dude and such a fuckin good player. got drat. I don't like EG but I wanna cheer for this dude alone

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goddamn I am gonna buy a Universe jersey

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wings - EG will be series of the decade

I think DC can 2-0 TNC and play EHOME.

Liquid v Fnatic? Who wins?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Taffer posted:

universe is such a cool dude and such a fuckin good player. got drat. I don't like EG but I wanna cheer for this dude alone

just accept EG into your heart they show that the US is the best at all things just like I R L

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Frijolero posted:

Wings - EG will be series of the decade

I think DC can 2-0 TNC and play EHOME.

Liquid v Fnatic? Who wins?

hopefully fnatic because a fnatic MVP series would be extra fun

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
How the gently caress did EG win that first game?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

mikeraskol posted:

How the gently caress did EG win that first game?

Really loving controlled playing and kiting and dagons.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Only 3 series are being played tomorrow so there's more time for the all-star game

TNC vs. DC
Winner of above vs. EHOME
Fnatic vs. Liquid
(Winner of above vs. MVP is on Friday)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Purge analysis on point

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

just accept EG into your heart

That much salt will stop it.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Xtanstic posted:

Purge analysis on point

SeemsGood Thanks Purge SeemsGood

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
EG vs TNC grand finals is going to be some good poo poo

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Fear is underrated

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

How did EG go from getting poo poo on at Starladder to looking like the best team in the world? I'm rooting for Wings, EHOME, or MVP just because all those dudes are cool and haven't won before, but poo poo I'm not sure EG can be stopped at this point. I didn't think they were even going to make into the WB out of groups before the actual group stage started with how they looked before.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

i wanna see purge analyze every game of dota, including my own

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ChaosReaper posted:

How did EG go from getting poo poo on at Starladder to looking like the best team in the world? I'm rooting for Wings, EHOME, or MVP just because all those dudes are cool and haven't won before, but poo poo I'm not sure EG can be stopped at this point. I didn't think they were even going to make into the WB out of groups before the actual group stage started with how they looked before.

saving strats (they were experimenting at starladder)

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

ChaosReaper posted:

They ran oracle mid at star ladder, they weren't taking that seriously

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Bad Moon posted:

Did you not see Godz?

at least his pants fit I guess

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

ChaosReaper posted:

the support mid games at SL were undoubtedly "experimental" or testing strats as if in a scrim, if you prefer

SL prize pool was like 1/66 of TI6 prize pool so I'm sure they didn't put out the same kind of effort/prep

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Reminder for tomorrow:

DC has 2-0'd Newbee, Secret, Fnatic, Liquid, and LGD. Hopefully they can own TNC and rematch EHOME.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Bad Moon posted:

Fear is underrated

Fear is one of the best overall Dota players in the world and I'm underselling him.

Shear the Sheep
Dec 31, 2008
Sumail stomping every Chinese mid. Is old.chicken going to go the way of Shiki ?

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker
drat! I forgot how exciting pro DOTA2 was as a spectator experience. Last TI I watched from start to finish was TI4. I'm relatively familiar with the heroes and items in general, but are there any big changes that I should read up on?

I did a cursory search through all of the roster changes, so I'm caught up on that front. Amazing how little EG has changed. Suma1L is a hell of a player though!

Also, I plan on catching up via YouTube VODs later at work. Can anyone recommend me a bunch of must-watch matches?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just watch EG-EHOME game one on loop

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

rngd in the womb posted:

drat! I forgot how exciting pro DOTA2 was as a spectator experience. Last TI I watched from start to finish was TI4. I'm relatively familiar with the heroes and items in general, but are there any big changes that I should read up on?

I did a cursory search through all of the roster changes, so I'm caught up on that front. Amazing how little EG has changed. Suma1L is a hell of a player though!

Also, I plan on catching up via YouTube VODs later at work. Can anyone recommend me a bunch of must-watch matches?

The map's been reshaped a few different times, there are a lot of new items.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

rngd in the womb posted:

This is the definitive list for the Group Stage.

Here's what you gotta know about current dota. Only 6 or so heroes have not been picked in TI. Everything is awesome and better than ever.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

rngd in the womb posted:

Main event games to watch (this assumes you saw the 800lb. gorilla that is EG vs EHOME game 1 already):

OG vs MVP games 1 and 3

Secret vs LGD

EG vs Newbee game 2

TNC vs OG game 2

Alliance vs Fnatic game 1

6.86 and 6.87 had huge changes, you might want to read about those

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Frijolero posted:

This is the definitive list for the Group Stage.

Here's what you gotta know about current dota. Only 6 or so heroes have not been picked in TI. Everything is awesome and better than ever.

who is left that hasn't been picked?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

rngd in the womb posted:

EG VS OG series in group stages

Secret vs LGD

MVP vs OG

EG vs Newbee

EG vs EHome game 1 is being talked about as one of the best games ever.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Tsurupettan posted:

who is left that hasn't been picked?

Bloodseeker, Jakiro, Lina, Leshrac, Treant, Visage I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm surprised Jakiro hasn't been picked out of all of those. He's always been a consistently average hero who gets picked, the others have just been patch heroes who get their 3 month spotlight then disappear.

• Locked thread