Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is the 5 dollar psn version the English or JP version with the level selection. I would pick that up for my vita

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Is the 5 dollar psn version the English or JP version with the level selection. I would pick that up for my vita

its the jp version, its a ps1 classics release of the playstation port

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

absolutely anything posted:

rohga armor force (wolf fang: kuhga 2001 in japan)

ya looks like a good vita pick up

also i got that modded gba awhile back. the screen is dope and the glass lens gives it a good look. the buttons are a little squishy but IIRC that's just how those were? IDK i had an NES SP back in hte day. I've only got a couple of carts on hand until i track down my old collection and the everdrive comes in from the Strong Ukraine so i haven't messed too much with it yet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
oh woah vita? you mean its one of those weird random ps1 games thats just in japanese on the us psn

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

yeah

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thats serendipity

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
wolf fang is a sorta-sequel to an older game called Chelnov/Atomic Runner but that game got Data East into lots of poo poo in japan so the sequel is a mech game instead of a cool game about a guy who gets superpowers from a nuclear meltdown that has absolutely nothing to do with that russian thing

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

wolf fang is a sorta-sequel to an older game called Chelnov/Atomic Runner but that game got Data East into lots of poo poo in japan so the sequel is a mech game instead of a cool game about a guy who gets superpowers from a nuclear meltdown that has absolutely nothing to do with that russian thing

actually it's the sequel to vapor trail but it does play like a way better chelnov now that i'm thinking about it yeah http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/vaportrail/vaportrail.htm

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
it goes vapor trail > wolf fang > sky fang but the 1st & 3rd games are shmups and wolf fangs a weird thing jammed in the middle, it's like how Dino Rex is part of the same series as Metal Black, it was just a marketing ploy and/or a "my boss won't let me make this game unless I tie it to some other thing" game

vapor trail is okay, sky fang's boring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm currently downloading Wolf Fang. I didn't realize HAMSTER has been porting arcade games for over 20 years

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
they have but most of their old poo poo, like everything thats not a ps4 arcade classics or psx on psn, is garb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game kicks rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just as a heads up for people playin on Vita, id suggest rebinding the bomb button to something other than R2 so you don't have to use the rear touch pad (blech!)

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

I'm currently downloading Wolf Fang. I didn't realize HAMSTER has been porting arcade games for over 20 years

the hard working hamster. very noble

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played through E1 of quake this morning. It was so sick but the boss was a little lame. Doom was the same way so i bet they ramp up over teh course of the game.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Dino Rex is part of the same series as Metal Black

Whoa. I had no idea.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I played through E1 of quake this morning. It was so sick but the boss was a little lame. Doom was the same way so i bet they ramp up over teh course of the game.

theres nothing like that boss in the rest of the game lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

quake has 2 proper bosses and theyre both so easy to kill its embarrassing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

quake has 2 proper bosses and theyre both so easy to kill its embarrassing

I died a few times on it because I wanted to see if I could rocket jump between the two buttons

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

most of my deaths in quake are from trying to use rockets and grenades to skip large sections of the level and loving up the jump

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

playing mad snes since im waiting for ram to arrive, super punchout and chrono trigger. v good games. also downloaded a bunch of wrestling games but those are only really good for novelty reasons since they all control like poo poo except the capcom one which is basically just a fighting game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I beat that one level towards I think E6 that has the gold key right at the entrance across a lava pit and I just jumped over to it instead of playing the level, but then I went back and played the level anyway because I like the feel of the game so much

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its worth playing properly the first time through for sure. its crazy no 3d fps has ever felt as good as quake ever again lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's still kinda crazy to me that games where 100% of what you do is murder hundreds of people in cold blood have like, a lot of story trying to justify the scenario.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its actually extremely epic that studios spend millions of dollars on getting people to write a scrtipt and animators to make long cutscenes explaining why you need to brutally murder thousands of niggers with machine guns and bazookas when they could just save that money and it would be just as mindless and the only people that would even notice are the aids infested game review industry

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its actually extremely epic that studios spend millions of dollars on getting people to write a scrtipt and animators to make long cutscenes explaining why you need to brutally murder thousands of niggers with machine guns and bazookas when they could just save that money and it would be just as mindless and the only people that would even notice are the aids infested game review industry

the new hitman being episodic was a funny way to get away with not having to make a story

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its cool that gta games dont really have series wide lore or continuity

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Patrick Klepeck [writing for Vice Gaming]: While I found it supremely enjoyable to murder thousands of African Americans with small arms fire, machine guns, bazookas and even a tank, one can't help but feel without cut-scenes and an overarching story set in a consistent universe it all feels kind of pointless. I would personally like to know why that stationary turret was sitting there and the reason for firing at a crowd of child soldiers before doing it, otherwise I see no reason to even try.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Check this out: https://web.archive.org/web/20120104155012/http:/www.next-gen.biz/reviews/doom-review

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

But the gameplay is as narrow as it gets: you run along beautifully parallaxed corridors and through stunning 3D rooms shooting at a near endless supply of green lizards.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dooms most famous and recognizable enemy: green lizards

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i want to form an alliance with them

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

the legions of hell won't stand a chance when me and my crew of green lizards roll up on them

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the green lizard alliance

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004