Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Holy Hell, Team Skull is the best looking evil team yet.

Go home Team Flare, they win at fashion and you lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Any idea if transferring my Pokemon Red (VC version) Graveler to Pokemon Bank and then forward to Sun will cause him to evolve? Basically, does it count as trading?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GlitchThief posted:

Any idea if transferring my Pokemon Red (VC version) Graveler to Pokemon Bank and then forward to Sun will cause him to evolve? Basically, does it count as trading?

Depositing to or withdrawing from Bank does not count as trading.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Holy Hell, Team Skull is the best looking evil team yet.

Go home Team Flare, they win at fashion and you lose.

Team Flare lost before Team Skull was a twinkle in Game Freak's eye

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Alola raichu is garbage and i'm very mad it isn't Electric/Fighting wielding it's tail like hanzo steel

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Has anyone been able to redeem the Arceus codes? Both me and my friend get errors when it tries to connect.

:perfect:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

idk what this is a reference too but i feel like i should

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

But who will be the real big kahuna

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pikachu

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mandatory lesbian posted:

idk what this is a reference too but i feel like i should

it's yu yu hakusho

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
You thought it was Raichu, but It was I, Raichu!

also

Pokemon megathread 7.0:They remembered Raichu exists.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just don't get why they made it look silly and cute with the rounded ears and tail. Its surfing on its own tail, it should look like a radical 90s mon with even more points and spikes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So when do we get Alolan Lt. Surge with big anime eyes?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Immer posted:

You can toggle them on and off on the in-battle touch screen to show how many stages you're buffed/debuffed.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC-uLg_5RIA&t=1041s

I guess XY wasn't handholdy enough.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, removing a stupid thing you had to remember is so 'handholdy'

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

i wonder how this will stack up to chandelure

They've upped the team size to 12 right.

Right??

GreyPowerVan posted:

Yeah, removing a stupid thing you had to remember is so 'handholdy'

I mean god forbid kids have to think.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ijyt posted:

They've upped the team size to 12 right.

Right??

I mean god forbid kids have to think.

I also hate anything that removes entirely useless obscuration that has only been around because of tradition born in a game so poorly coded it would break if you stood still too long.

For I am also a moron

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Showdown has it and nobody seems to complain. Stat stages are, uh, kind of important. What with even +1 being 50% more and -1 being 2/3 of your normal. Bit of a big deal there.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I also hate anything that removes entirely useless obscuration that has only been around because of tradition born in a game so poorly coded it would break if you stood still too long.

For I am also a moron

Yeah I'm the moron for being confused by a Pokemon using screech followed by growl. Man I just don't know what happened to the stats I sure hope someone codes info graphics into the game.

Man you know viridian forest would have been way better with a mobile pokecenter.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

How are you so aggressively wrong with every post you make?
Tracking stat changes is good and cool, and doesn't diminish anything other than your ability to feel smug about knowing exactly what stages a pokemon is at after multiple rounds of buffs/debuffs.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

sarmhan posted:

How are you so aggressively wrong with every post you make?
Tracking stat changes is good and cool, and doesn't diminish anything other than your ability to feel smug about knowing exactly what stages a pokemon is at after multiple rounds of buffs/debuffs.

I'm sorry I forgot paying attention and basic math is anathema to the modern way of life.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
other things that make kids dumber:
- wireless connection
- xp bars
- repels
- a touch screen
- rechargeable batteries

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I was told HM poo poo is no more, the change I craved decades ago is finally going to happen. I haven't played anything since Leaf Green. Is this true?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ijyt posted:

I'm sorry I forgot paying attention and basic math is anathema to the modern way of life.

lmao jesus christ

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
one thing that is funny and good to me is that the way stat stages works actually changes throughout the gens and the way its rounded changes. i'll have to dig up the numbers once more but for example i know that in GSC a -1 electrode speed ties w/ nidoqueen and in later gens that wont happen (assuming max EVs neutral nature for both). its such a obscure and dumb mechanic that nobody knows about but can effect real games (a GSC UU tournament i played in recently)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ka0 posted:

I was told HM poo poo is no more, the change I craved decades ago is finally going to happen. I haven't played anything since Leaf Green. Is this true?

Sounds like it, yeah. You get local helper Pokemon to do HM poo poo now, which would make HMs as a gameplay mechanic kinda redundant. Gonna be salty as poo poo if Gligar isn't in the regional pokedex, the only reason I've never used him is because nothing learns Fly besides other ground and flying types.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I just can't wait for the same people who popped in for ORAS and XY to ask if there's two save files, then get mad and swear off nintendo again.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

maybe having the values actually shown will get kids to care about them more instead of them being weird, nebulous things that they would otherwise not know the fine details of, but hey let's just pretend that making a change for the better for everyone involved is going to magically kill a child's brain cells just because they don't have to memorize dumb poo poo that could be better put towards actual things they should be learning at that age

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

ijyt posted:

This isn't math, it's memorization.
You are the most insufferable person I've seen in a while.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

everyone shut up and look at this!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VmMURRKWFk

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

team skull are very good

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yes! Trubbish is in the game!! :)

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Slav Squat trainer pose is the best.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Team Skull is adorably gangsta

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I am okay with all of these new Pokemon, though I won't be using them on my team

Though I would've preferred no evil team at all, Team Skull seem okay

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pyukumuku is now my perfect boy.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Dunban posted:

I am okay with all of these new Pokemon, though I won't be using them on my team

Though I would've preferred no evil team at all, Team Skull seem okay

???What? I'll admit Team Flare were lovely. Team Rocket are great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the only thing missing is the ring

• Locked thread