Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I feel like the teamkill penalty shouldnt apply if you TK people in your squad. Removes the option for dicking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

The Duggler posted:

I think siege attracted so many hackers because it's absolutely a game about information and communication. When you can bypass having to actually talk to players and listen for sounds and instead just target wireframes through walls you pretty much hold all the cards

There were also plenty of white knights who toggled on when they lost because surely anybody who gets the best of them is hacking.

Hard, you might have actually fixed your game

Seeing them described as white knights is pretty weird but sort of apt, I guess.

I remember playing MW2 with goons and there were a couple who went down that route of toggling when they thought someone was cheating, usually it was just a guy doing pretty well who would then get utterly destroyed by someone who was actually cheating.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The game is very Good now IMO.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The closest we get to hackers on consoles are the guys that shell out money for that XIM stuff and can aim much better than us, but that's not technically cheating so there's not much you can do report it :(

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The closest we get to hackers on consoles are the guys that shell out money for that XIM stuff and can aim much better than us, but that's not technically cheating so there's not much you can do report it :(

Don't worry, eventually the ps4/xbone will get opened up to cheaters just like pretty much every other console has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dikn5HImaEg&t=24s

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

man those posts from the private cheat sites are great.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I see a few names that I know I've personally reported on that list. Thanks for laying the hammer down, Hard!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

suboptimal posted:

I see a few names that I know I've personally reported on that list. Thanks for laying the hammer down, Hard!

Yeah, we've played against some of the AOD guys before.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

So my play of the game yesterday was making an innocuous comment I can't remember, catching attitude from some guy, shooting him once with Caveira's pistol because I'm a manchild who can't let small things slide, getting TK'd by that guy, and then while he was calling to have me kicked from the game everyone votekicked him instead.

:smuggo:

I shouldn't be allowed to interact with other humans.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So you're that guys that TKs me whenever i accidentally clip him in the foot with a pistol chasing a drone.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If you shoot friendlies while chasing drones you deserve it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Trigger discipline, motherfuckers

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Let's try out bandit's shotgun, oh it's a drone, oh gently caress, oh gently caress

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So you're that guys that TKs me whenever i accidentally clip him in the foot with a pistol chasing a drone.

No, I was the one who was TK'd.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
It's rare for my group to go more than one night without a Dick Cheney drone shooting incident.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

fix your game ubis servers, hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUi0DXu5c00

Basticle fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 12, 2016

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I was just playing a THunt with friends the other day and noticed that the operators talked poo poo/banter with one another a bit, mostly at the start of the round. How come that doesn't occur in regular MP matches? I reckon it'd be great starting off rounds with Buck or Fuze talking some poo poo about being 'the hunters'/telling everyone to keep up with them and whatnot, rather than the silence you get in MP as-is.

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

Bope Springs Eternal: Tom Clancy and the Ubisoft Redemption.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

DA PANET EARF posted:

Bope Springs Eternal: Tom Clancy and the Ubisoft Redemption.

*Like*

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Playing IQ and shooting Pulse in the face through a wall will never get old. Also I shot at what I thought was Pulse and ended up hitting Jager in the head instead. Did I just get super lucky and hit the wrong guy instead or does IQ pick up other people's gadgets besides Pulse if they're holding them?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

ghetto wormhole posted:

Playing IQ and shooting Pulse in the face through a wall will never get old. Also I shot at what I thought was Pulse and ended up hitting Jager in the head instead. Did I just get super lucky and hit the wrong guy instead or does IQ pick up other people's gadgets besides Pulse if they're holding them?

I think IQ also picks up Blitz with his shield.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Gunder posted:

I think IQ also picks up Blitz with his shield.

Yeah she has since release but that's not particularly useful since he's on her side :v:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

We got hosed twice by the thermite bug on consulate garage on the same round, costing us the match.

Fix your game Hard.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I had a similar bug with Thermite on the garage on Chalet, where the reinforcement wasn't destroyed. I was able to bust open the reinforced wall next to it, but it was still weird.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

BOPE BOPE BOPE BOPE

Also thermite bug not destroying the wall is irritating as poo poo, but game is fun otherwise. Picked it up during the free/sale weekend and been thoroughly enjoying it even though I am bad and die a lot.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Had a Bandit punch out a window and perfectly take out like 3 of us.
"Oh well, he's 176 and Gold ranked, what are you going to do"
*Bandit gets BattlEye banned at the end of the round*
"Oh."

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Prawned posted:

BOPE BOPE BOPE BOPE

Also thermite bug not destroying the wall is irritating as poo poo, but game is fun otherwise. Picked it up during the free/sale weekend and been thoroughly enjoying it even though I am bad and die a lot.

i die a lot too but am endlessing chasin the four-kills-in-a-round-action-movie-star dragon because when it happens the countless deaths feel worth it

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

People still throwing hackusations around after battleye banned every cheater and every person who thought about cheating.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Don't forget everyone who used to cheat and everyone who cheated in other games besides Siege.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.
Why is it spamming all those bans even for players not in my game though.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It wants you to watch

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's a public execution.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Skuto posted:

Why is it spamming all those bans even for players not in my game though.

It's competing with fairfight and a bunch of other products which also announce bans globally. I think it's a good thing, lets people know that it's actively working.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

afkmacro posted:

It's competing with fairfight and a bunch of other products which also announce bans globally. I think it's a good thing, lets people know that it's actively working.

Yeah, its like cops walking a beat. It reassures the public (current issues with the police aside) and makes criminals think twice.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Reddit is on fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhT9j0pd1Ms

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Game was noticeably better yesterday after the battle eye hacker holocaust. Good job ubi!

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
I saw some guy that was toggling for like half a second but doing it rapidly

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

He thinks he's clever but he's not since BattlEye detects the hacks on your computer and doesn't give a poo poo about what % of the time you look like you're hacking.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
Thats what I like to hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey Hard, would it be possible for the flag on BB's portrait (below) to be corrected? As it's currently backwards. :v: I noticed the same thing with every single menu background photo of the soldier during the Dustline period, however I let that be, seeing as I knew it would be temporary, with those.
I'm assuming he was originally facing left, then mirrored? If so, his unit emblem is no doubt the wrong way around as well, heh

• Locked thread