Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yale?!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Take that ivy league!

nooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:15 on Aug 11, 2016

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

RandomFerret posted:

"Ernie Bushmiller's comic strip Nancy is a landmark achievement: A comic so simply drawn it can be reduced to the size of a postage stamp and still be legible; an approach so formulaic as to become the very definition of the "gag-strip"; a sense of humor so obscure, so mute, so without malice as to allow faithful readers to march through whole decades of art and story without ever once cracking a smile. Nancy is Plato's playground. Ernie Bushmiller didn't draw A tree, A house, A car. Oh, no. Ernie Bushmiller drew the tree, the house, the car.

Much has been made of the "three rocks." Art Spiegelman explains how a drawing of three rocks in a background scene was Ernie's way of showing us there were some rocks in the background. It was always three. Why? Because two rocks wouldn't be "some rocks." Two rocks would be a pair of rocks. And four rocks was unacceptable because four rocks would indicate "some rocks" but it would be one rock more than was necessary to convey the idea of "some rocks." A Nancy panel is an irreduceable concept, an atom, and the comic strip is a molecule."

then why does that rear end in a top hat have two phones on his desk

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

heck lucifer itself is a misunderstanding of an allegory of a Babylonian king (who was compared with a Morning Star)
more likely about some upstart in Nebuchadnezzar's court being compared to an upstart in Ugaritic mythology that tried to take over while El was (temporarily) dead but yeah

also this was somehow the first Images result for "nebuchadnezzar comic" so enjoy wordy lineart dog comic

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

When I was a pizza maker I still went to other pizza places. Figure its gotta be the same for a circus clown.
i'm good friends with a guy that clowned for Ringling and yeah, it's just like any other industry that way.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Is this comic saying achewood is poo poo

because a well done steak is poo poo so if achewood is like a well done steak then it is also poo poo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Slime posted:

because a well done steak is poo poo so if achewood is like a well done steak then it is also poo poo

imagine i added landerig mid-right. then reread the bottom left frame and then reconsider whether your question was rhetorical.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

FFT posted:

imagine i added landerig mid-right. then reread the bottom left frame and then reconsider whether your question was rhetorical.

sympathetic female characters are lawful evil, got it.

loving SKELETONS

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

I like achewood a bunch, but this comic is accurate

Unmature
May 9, 2008

lolsorandum

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

This one is much better

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Slime posted:

okay but what is PCOS Bill's opinion of Achewood

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Elias_Maluco posted:

This one is much better

no

it's even worse

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

v. good

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Is this the same comic where one of their friends had a birthday so they beat the poo poo out of and possibly sodomized him?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

karn1635 posted:

Is this the same comic where one of their friends had a birthday so they beat the poo poo out of and possibly sodomized him?

Seems so, it's a real hoot.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

karn1635 posted:

Also I seem to recall it's at least semi-autobiographical
Edit: or based on stories about the artist's friends

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Hogge Wild posted:

no

it's even worse

No, it's better.

#ohsnap #yougottold

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm always prepared to strike when comic quality drops.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't get it. Is he meditating?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Quick someone shop 'Christ what an rear end in a top hat' into the last panel

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Man that is some hardcore pandering.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

NotAnArtist posted:

Quick someone shop 'Christ what an rear end in a top hat' into the last panel

Sure thing.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

karn1635 posted:

yes

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

karn1635 posted:

No they went out of their way to point out that the werewolf's penis was flaccid when he mashed it against the owl's butt.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lets Pickle posted:

No they went out of their way to point out that the werewolf's penis was flaccid when he mashed it against the owl's butt.

loving Werewolf Jones

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
My favorite one is literally the death of werewolf jones.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lets Pickle posted:

NO HOMO

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I always assumed Werewolf Jones was too hosed up to get hard, not that his flaccidity was any comment on his sexuality

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is shockingly accurate to my memories of Final Fantasy IX

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

for fucks sake posted:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Post more of the weird and gross witch cat and owl comics pleae

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Zzulu posted:

Post more of the weird and gross witch cat and owl comics pleae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU