Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

I just received a 5IV probably hacked Suicune. And a Charmander called Sphincter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/_Kinseis/status/763724365028556800

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Hip hop Emmet Brown is definitely the best evil team leader since Giovanni

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
So, am I just normally unobservant or is this the first time NPCs use non-standard Pokéballs? The Skull Grunts have a Drowzee and Haunter in Safari balls, and Plumeria has Golbat in an Ultra ball.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Nessa posted:

I got a Timid, Contrary female Snivy through Wonder Trade.

eff you bud >:/

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I really hope that Shiny Wishiwashi just makes a single fish in the school forme a different color.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kinda disappointed that we're getting regular, probably still terrible Ariados. I was really hoping that the cool ant-mimic spider would be good this gen.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

this is so cool

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

heels are up, guzma is a loving poser

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Improbable Lobster posted:

Kinda disappointed that we're getting regular, probably still terrible Ariados. I was really hoping that the cool ant-mimic spider would be good this gen.

I was kind of assuming all the trainers/teamsters had placeholder pokemon to keep a bit of surprise :raise:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

notoriousman posted:

So, am I just normally unobservant or is this the first time NPCs use non-standard Pokéballs? The Skull Grunts have a Drowzee and Haunter in Safari balls, and Plumeria has Golbat in an Ultra ball.

It's the first time in the entire series that NPCs use something other than base Poke Balls, yeah. It's a really neat detail!

Improbable Lobster posted:

You have to accept that only Kanto Pokemon will get Alola Forms before you disappoint yourself more.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Part 1 of Ash vs Alain was loving LIT btw.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

greatn posted:

Part 1 of Ash vs Alain was loving LIT btw.

i started an episode of the anime and 50 seconds in there's a guy with a fully sentient android

i dont think i can handle this

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ruggington posted:

i started an episode of the anime and 50 seconds in there's a guy with a fully sentient android

i dont think i can handle this

That android is a gym leader.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

That android is a gym leader.

i cant

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The Ash vs. Shouta fight was so good, I opted to go back and watch XY from the beginning. This show is honestly so good. Waaaay better than when I was a kid. They really amped up the cuteness factor, the battles are exciting, and the animation is loving slick as hell.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GlitchThief posted:

The Ash vs. Shouta fight was so good, I opted to go back and watch XY from the beginning. This show is honestly so good. Waaaay better than when I was a kid. They really amped up the cuteness factor, the battles are exciting, and the animation is loving slick as hell.

I love the show and now I'm learning all the japanese pokemon names from it.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

So the new team is basically just a bunch of juggalos without the face paint, then?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I wish I could be more excited for the show but Ash is such a loving loser and I'm expecting him to lose this League eventually like he did with the last five

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

QuasiQuack posted:

I was kind of assuming all the trainers/teamsters had placeholder pokemon to keep a bit of surprise :raise:

yeah they've been pretty tight on info

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I love the show and now I'm learning all the japanese pokemon names from it.

i used to watch the B&W show with subs at work all the time and i'll have to see about watching the newer season(s). i don't know if i can stand listening to Ash's english voice anymore though.

mijumaru will always be my favorite pokemon from the show.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Is there a better way to keep track of my living dex than this pokedextracker website. It works fine but scrolling down 250 Pokemon every time it reloads is getting kind of annoying.

ooh i didnt know about this

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Blaze Dragon posted:

So basically the best way to use them is sending them straight into a OHKO to maximize Innards Out damage.
Can't wait to fight a Pyukumuku horde

SilverGryphon
Oct 14, 2012

This might just be fun after all.
*watches English trailer* That Minior just up and threw a ton of fossils at the Pyukumuku, I love it. Also, I guess Pyukumuku would be a bad Poke to try to one-shot.

Glowing fairy mushroom is good and makes me happy <3

OMG TEAM SKULL HAS BEST MUSIC. THAT IS AWESOME. And the leaders have a ton of cool personality in their animations, I love it.

If we're speculating on the Alolan monarchy- it would not surprise me if Plumeria is some lost princess or something.

Oh, duh, Meowth are Siamese kitties (well, they have most of the points, but they're as close as we're gonna get to Siamese cats in Pokemon, I'm sure. And yeah, they're the lucky cats but they're lucky cats with Siamese coloration so it still counts) so the lore about them being restricted to royalty makes a ton of sense. I NEED SASSY RUSSIAN BLUE MEOWTH RIGHT NOW.

Fire Dancer Marowak is still awesome. I am apparently going to be replaying this game like three or four times.

Eh, Alolan Raichu is a FANTASTIC concept, not entirely thrilled with the execution. Cute, I guess?

GAH IS IT NOVEMBER YET??

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

:stare:

Really running up the production value this season eh?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if the six current regions are all in the same national pokedex does that mean there are other nations out there

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
If base forms aren't getting alolan forms that just means there's a sure way of getting HAs on alolan stages right off the bat.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Super No Vacancy posted:

if the six current regions are all in the same national pokedex does that mean there are other nations out there

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I just checked and Wonder Trade explicitly tells you that your Pokemon will be randomly traded so that guy's a dumb motherfucker

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

All the regions we've visited so far are part of the United States of Pokemonland.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I wish I could be more excited for the show but Ash is such a loving loser and I'm expecting him to lose this League eventually like he did with the last five

Ash ain't a loser. The fact that he loses sometimes makes him a more 2 dimensional protagonist than the vast majority of shounen anime. And last time he lost in the league it was because he was facing some loving legendary farmer who abused gts or something. This year he has his own pseudo legendary, all his Pokemon except Pikachu are fully evolved, he has something stronger than mega evolution, and has defeated multiple legendaries and mega evolved Pokemon.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Kurieg posted:

:stare:

Really running up the production value this season eh?

Yeah, the anime has basically been better all-around, but it's most apparent in the animation quality. For a long-running weekly series, the animation quality is ridiculously good.

Dreamy Souffle
Feb 22, 2011

Just cause
I like my diamonds bright
ain't saying I'm wrong
or if it's right but baby
I haven't been wrong before
I don't know how I'm gonna pick a team and stick with it this gen, they've revealed so many good pokemon!! I might have to try something like that new team per-island idea.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Why can't I join Team Skull

They look like cool people to hang out with, unlike XY's idiot squad (I could be talking about Team Flare OR the friend squad there and they would both be true).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I've been aware of XY having way better and more dynamic animation but this league battle still took me by surprise, pretty good stuff, battles really vary between one another, specially that hype super fast suicidal bird fight and I can't wait to check next week's when i'm assuming money gets pumped in even more for the eventual Mega Charizard X vs Ash-Greninja. Also I love that James is rooting for Ash while the rest of Team Rocket want him to lose.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Do we know which games have which alola form Pokemon in them yet?

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I'm so glad that there is finally a Pokemon I relate with as I too punch people with my innards through my anus

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The anime doesn't have Brock which makes it harder to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jade Mage posted:

Do we know which games have which alola form Pokemon in them yet?

Sun and Moon

• Locked thread