Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.ibtimes.com/nintendo-nx-console-handheld-rumors-false-job-postings-may-suggest-2-nx-devices-2399991

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think I'll take the other stories over ibtimes overanalyzing a job posting.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Rexroom posted:

Hello, someone disparaged the squid jump control scheme in Splatoon, saying they could just have ignored the second screen and used a combination of buttons to do the same. That's turbo nerd talk. If the casual console player would have the option to either use the screen or the buttons, they'd most likely just use the screen. See a Squid you want to jump to? Press it on the screen. That kind of simple and intuitive design was probably part of the reason why it became such a huge hit with a large variety of demographies. They don't want to suddenly learn Street Fighter combos just to do a simple long jump.

There's no such thing as a "casual console player" anymore. If they've made the leap to playing games on something other than their phone, they can use a drat controller.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Its always fun to remember that Splatoon outsold Bloodborne

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TheScott2K posted:

There's no such thing as a "casual console player" anymore. If they've made the leap to playing games on something other than their phone, they can use a drat controller.

The Gamepad is a controller

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

splatoons touch only control scheme stuff is just as bad as when you play smash 4 on 3ds/wii u and you can not tap any of the ui elements to navigate menus...

have both

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

zolthorg posted:

splatoons touch only control scheme stuff is just as bad as when you play smash 4 on 3ds/wii u and you can not tap any of the ui elements to navigate menus...

have both

Thus guy gets it. Have both.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Have neither. Don't play videogames.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Splatoon is a good video game

that is only possible with the Wii U GamePad

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
With the Wii U GamePad you have two screens. Think about it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Germstore posted:

I'm thinking about it

whoa

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked using the two screens for local co-op, and also, for having maps/inventory easily accessible on one screen at all times, and also, for being able to ignore the tv altogether for some games and just play on the gamepad for stuff like hyrule warriors that lets you switch which screen is the main screen

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
cant wait to put on my jncos and carry my nintenGO around with my crew

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Germstore posted:

Only two? Was that all?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Quest For Glory II posted:

Its always fun to remember that Splatoon outsold Bloodborne

Splatoon is the Dark Souls of shooters

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think it's even funner to remember Pokkén outsold SFV.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Why is it funny that the two better games out sold the lesser games? It seems really obvious and good for me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Because it has an install base 1/5 the size and far less marketing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

greatn posted:

Because it has an install base 1/5 the size and far less marketing.

wtf, what does this have anything to do with the power and magic of games. dude, get our life check out

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Please delete the Nintendo Crew Chat Thread.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Splatoon is a good video game

that is only possible with the Wii U GamePad

Nope.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
how would you make splatoon as easily accessible without the gamepad or a second screen?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Blazing Zero posted:

how would you make splatoon as easily accessible without the gamepad or a second screen?

By putting it on PC where more people could buy it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

hooooooooooooo boy we are in the bad arguments territory

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Kashuno posted:

hooooooooooooo boy we are in the bad arguments territory

Too late! :buddy:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

greatn posted:

Hmmm- my PC has two screens as well. How far up does this go? I want answers!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm at work and my PC has loving THREE screens, motherfucker ones even a touch screen

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blazing Zero posted:

Mouse-like control on a pull-up map for when you want to jump, hotkeys could be assigned for teammates to instantly just go to them. It's really not that hard.

greatn posted:

Why would anyone want to open their product open to other markets other than the one with the lowest hardware sales this generation? Crazy talk right there.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
s.i.r.e. i have to wonder if you're trolling or just a moron

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
If someone sends Nintendo a link to this thread do you think they will release information early to avoid gamers going to war against each other over things like analog sticks?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

If someone sends Nintendo a link to this thread do you think they will release information early to avoid gamers going to war against each other over things like analog sticks?

Someone buy Miyamoto an account.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It's me. I'm miyamoto.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
It's ah me. Mario.

Splatoon was okay for a kid's shooter I guess.

:ohsnap:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

jivjov posted:

It's me. I'm miyamoto.

Sticker star sucked

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Video games are fun. But what's even more fun than playing video games is the 2560 CUDA® cores that you can only find on NVIDIA’s new flagship graphics card, the GEFORCE® GTX 1080, now with PASCAL, the world’s most advanced GPU architecture!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Video games are going out of style. That's why Nintendo decided to blow everyone's asses off and introduce the Nintendo Read, the ONLY way to read all the latest books and magazines.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Mercury Crusader posted:

Video games are fun. But what's even more fun than playing video games is the 2560 CUDA® cores that you can only find on NVIDIA’s new flagship graphics card, the GEFORCE® GTX 1080, now with PASCAL, the world’s most advanced GPU architecture!

Titan X-Pascal or you're a casual.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Germstore posted:

Titan X-Pascal or you're a casual.

Can't deny that. With 12 GB of GDDR5X memory and 11 TFLOPs of brute force, the NVIDIA TITAN X is the ultimate graphics card!

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
What the gently caress is a TFLOP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Gorgolflox posted:

What the gently caress is a TFLOP?

Tera-floating point operations per second. Meaning it can do 240 calculations with non-whole (IEEE floating point) numbers every second, which is what most scientific and graphical calculations use.

• Locked thread