Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

paragon1 posted:

You are just aggressively worthless, aren't you?

Judging from their post history, 8-Bit Scholar is one of those cranks who swings between stringent ideological posts and "joke" posts as a defense mechanism. It lets them draw attention from their heavily-criticized sincere posts by burying them underneath a mountain of ironic shitposts. Unfortunately, 8-Bit isn't particularly good at it. I've seen this schtick before, and from much smarter people.

If you've been following the PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker thread, then you're probably familiar with ClarkHat, a man who got booted from the well-regarded left-libertarian blog Popehat after he metamorphosed from stealth-conservative ancap into balls-out neoreactionary ancap. ClarkHat is a master of what 8-Bit's trying to do, and he's so good at mixing shitposting and politics that he comes across as this infuriatingly untouchable quasi-troll.

While I'm at it, ClarkHat is an anarcho-capitalist and absolutely on-topic for this thread. Here's a gallery of some his more remarkable tweets. Bonus: as a neoreactionary, he has no problem with violent revolution, and as you read through his tweets you'll notice he's practically salivating for the death of millions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Curvature of Earth posted:

Judging from their post history, 8-Bit Scholar is one of those cranks who swings between stringent ideological posts and "joke" posts as a defense mechanism. It lets them draw attention from their heavily-criticized sincere posts by burying them underneath a mountain of ironic shitposts. Unfortunately, 8-Bit isn't particularly good at it. I've seen this schtick before, and from much smarter people.

If you've been following the PYF Dark Enlightenment Thinker thread, then you're probably familiar with ClarkHat, a man who got booted from the well-regarded left-libertarian blog Popehat after he metamorphosed from stealth-conservative ancap into balls-out neoreactionary ancap. ClarkHat is a master of what 8-Bit's trying to do, and he's so good at mixing shitposting and politics that he comes across as this infuriatingly untouchable quasi-troll.

While I'm at it, ClarkHat is an anarcho-capitalist and absolutely on-topic for this thread. Here's a gallery of some his more remarkable tweets. Bonus: as a neoreactionary, he has no problem with violent revolution, and as you read through his tweets you'll notice he's practically salivating for the death of millions.

thanks for telling us about your favorite posters

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

8-Bit Scholar posted:

thanks for telling us about your favorite posters

keep tryin lil buddy, you'll get it one day i believe in you

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

gently caress i meant to say "dealing WITH racism" please do not deal racism

I tap two legacies of slavery, four racist policies, and sacrifice four Tough on Crime tokens to place Privatized Prison Labor on the field.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

paragon1 posted:

I tap two legacies of slavery, four racist policies, and sacrifice four Tough on Crime tokens to place Privatized Prison Labor on the field.

I summon Al Sharpton.

I win.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Well I sure learned my lesson. Sorry I tried to engage you, 8BS. I'll be sure never to make the mistake of giving you attention again.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I summon Al Sharpton.

I win.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Please tell me Zack didn't make that

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stinky_Pete posted:

Well I sure learned my lesson. Sorry I tried to engage you, 8BS. I'll be sure never to make the mistake of giving you attention again.

Lucky you didn't pull a muscle.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is being this bland and unfunny a probatable offense?

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Illus. (NOT RACIST)

but definitely IS RACIST

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Is BB-8 in the thread?!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Meanwhile, in PYF...

Anticheese fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 11, 2016

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Anticheese posted:

Meanwhile, in PYF...

Fixed your link. Otherwise...

Yes, when I want to think of the greatest person to exemplify my political ideology, I always go to the most famous person ever: Hitler, lover of freedom, protector of capitalism, and warrior against the Jewish banker three parenthesis elites. Let me show you how his core principles and methods he used to secure his people's freedom from foreign powers totally didn't violate the NAP and his government was less like a totalitarian dictatorship and more like that of a voluntarily contracted DRO. Yes, subscribe today to Hitler DRO for the low low price of $14.88 a month, and get a free copy of the Libertarian thinker's edition of Mein Kampf.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Poe's Law strikes again.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Golbez posted:

Poe's Law strikes again.

I want to believe it's satire, but we are talking about libertarians in an election year.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The funniest thing about that list is it just assumes that black people are genetically stupid/lazy/etc and phrases all those opinions as just "noticing" or "pointing out" this iron law of nature.

"I'm just noticing things here, how can it be racist to notice things!"

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Something like that came up with Rothbard's review of the Bell Curve. He says it's data to prove "what everyone already knows" about race and intelligence. It's not enough that I'm right, or that it's obvious, it has to be that you already agree with me and are just lying about it.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

you have to lie about being a racist because the goddamn liebrals make everyone hide that they are racist, since they've demonized racism unfairly. furthermore,

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Goon Danton posted:

Something like that came up with Rothbard's review of the Bell Curve. He says it's data to prove "what everyone already knows" about race and intelligence. It's not enough that I'm right, or that it's obvious, it has to be that you already agree with me and are just lying about it.

I suppose that one strategy to paper over that you have no actual argument for your position is to insist that it must be self-evidently true. This would also explain how we ended up with Praxeology.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

I suppose that one strategy to paper over that you have no actual argument for your position is to insist that it must be self-evidently true. This would also explain how we ended up with Praxeology.

Libertarians in a nutshell, really. Declare yourself right then find a way to justify it. Strength of justification is irrelevant because you just care so, so much about freedom that you are obviously careful to find the right answer.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A friendly reminder to vote for Gary Johnson, a vote against government corruption and the police state.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Gary Johnson is pro private prisons, which are supporters of police states. He's also against LGBT rights.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Gary Johnson is pro private prisons, which are supporters of police states. He's also against LGBT rights.

While he is in favor of private prisons, he opposes the war on drugs and the decriminalization of prostitution, which has in and of itself contributed to an unregulated, unhealthy and very cruel black market sex industry. Citation needed on the LGBT thing.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

A friendly reminder to vote for Gary Johnson, a vote against government corruption and the police state.

I can't tell if he's being serious

8-Bit Scholar posted:

While he is in favor of private prisons, he opposes the war on drugs and the decriminalization of prostitution, which has in and of itself contributed to an unregulated, unhealthy and very cruel black market sex industry. Citation needed on the LGBT thing.

oh, I think he's being serious

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Cerebral Bore posted:

The big one is Hoppe's Argumentation Ethics, where he claims to prove that disagreeing with the NAP isn't just wrong, but incoherent. Nonviolently arguing against the NAP is non-aggressive, which means you're following the NAP, which is a performative contradiction. Please ignore that "A implies B" and "B implies A" are different statements, and double-ignore that punching someone in the face if they try to make the argument is a solid refutation of it.

e:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Private sector corruption is fine though. :agreed:

Goon Danton fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 11, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

8-Bit Scholar posted:

While he is in favor of private prisons, he opposes the war on drugs and the decriminalization of prostitution, which has in and of itself contributed to an unregulated, unhealthy and very cruel black market sex industry.

His donors don't oppose them, and in fact they need those things to maximize profits for their prisons. Which means that he'll never actually work to decriminalize them, but rather he'll just continue to say that he will someday.

quote:

Citation needed on the LGBT thing.

He's a well known proponent of letting the states decide, which means that he supports allowing states to strip LGBT people of their rights. It's hard to be more against LGBT rights than that.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If I could return to that great champion of libertarian principles, Hitler, for a second, was the Holocaust justified because the Jews had aggressed against the Aryan Race by trying to pollute their pure genetics by making them breed with lesser races, or was it justified because they had aggressed against Christendom when they murdered Jesus?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

According to the Libertarian Party platform, they condemn bigotry but think private organizations should be able to discriminate however much they want , i.e. they're perfectly fine enabling bigotry. You know, the standard Business Republican response for the last couple years. So take that as you will.

Also, not surprised that their very first core principle is Self-Owning.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Goon Danton posted:

Private sector corruption is fine though. :agreed:

Danton were very worried about you still :ohdear:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

White Coke posted:

If I could return to that great champion of libertarian principles, Hitler, for a second, was the Holocaust justified because the Jews had aggressed against the Aryan Race by trying to pollute their pure genetics by making them breed with lesser races, or was it justified because they had aggressed against Christendom when they murdered Jesus?

Hitler himself wasn't too keen on Christianity, and particularly the organized Churches, so I guess the first one? He also compared the Jews to "a bacillus" in the body of the volk.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Stinky_Pete posted:

I'm gonna do my best to be nice here. Finding a comfortable intellectual position on race can be a long and difficult journey for some people, especially those of us who just don't see a lot of the systemic effects that prompt and prioritize the racial conversation.

It's easy to feel unfairly blamed for something that you never asked for and rarely see for yourself. With that in mind, I'd like to make a sincere effort at answering 8-bit Scholar's question, "What is race?" I want 8-bit Scholar to acknowledge that it's a nebulous concept and in some ways it's like asking, "What is art?"

A race is a pigeonhole according to physical attributes which separates members of a society, in ways directed by societal forces such as wealth, politics, academia, and art. The white/black distinction was used in early America and other colonies to keep serf-like white laborers in cooperation with a system which oppressed them to a lesser degree than black people. In the early 20th century, the "Iberian" race was evoked in order to exclude large populations of Irish and Italian immigrants from the White pigeonhole. In Britain the Romani and Eastern Europeans are excluded.

As Curvature said, the boundaries of the pigeonholes have changed over the centuries, but our culture has imbued our heads with these pigeonholes, and it's what we do about it that counts.

Ah yes, Ireland and Italy, two places reknowned for being parts of loving Iberia...

The gently caress is with racists and being super loving dumb?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Ah yes, Ireland and Italy, two places reknowned for being parts of loving Iberia...

The gently caress is with racists and being super loving dumb?

Don't you kind of have to be, in order to be a racist? Eugenics has been so thoroughly disproven at this point that they don't really have an intellectual leg to stand on, so it's 100% down to 'Well I feel that Black people are biologically inferior, so any scientific evidence that disagrees with me is just liberal propaganda.'

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 11, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

According to the Libertarian Party platform, they condemn bigotry but think private organizations should be able to discriminate however much they want , i.e. they're perfectly fine enabling bigotry. You know, the standard Business Republican response for the last couple years. So take that as you will.

Also, not surprised that their very first core principle is Self-Owning.
Oh, what's the line here...?

quote:

You don't oppose providing aid and support to people, you just oppose any and all effective means of doing so.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
They're saying that the ancestors of the Irish and Italians are from the Iberian Peninsula not that Ireland and Italy are part of it. It's still dumb, made up bullshit, but not that dumb.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

They're saying that the ancestors of the Irish and Italians are from the Iberian Peninsula not that Ireland and Italy are part of it. It's still dumb, made up bullshit, but not that dumb.

Even population wise that doesn't make a lot of sense given that while I guess it had Celts on it (which describes something like 90% of Europe at the time) but it definitely didn't have bloody Italians on it until they came over from Italy and conquered it, as anyone familiar with the Punic wars should be able to tell.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

His donors don't oppose them, and in fact they need those things to maximize profits for their prisons. Which means that he'll never actually work to decriminalize them, but rather he'll just continue to say that he will someday.
He's a well known proponent of letting the states decide, which means that he supports allowing states to strip LGBT people of their rights. It's hard to be more against LGBT rights than that.

So he's not anti-LGBT he's pro-States Rights, good to know you're talking nonsense

I believe Johnson wants a viable legal drug market more than his donors' wishes will warrant honoring. I certainly believe that Johnson will end the War on Drugs where Hillary Clinton will sit on her hands about it for four to eight years.

Private prison industry is tasteless, but I'll let it linger a fortnight if it means we stop locking up people for getting high.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So he's not anti-LGBT he's pro-States Rights, good to know you're talking nonsense

What would you call someone who supports the ability to take away someone's rights? States have no rights, by the way.

quote:

Private prison industry is tasteless, but I'll let it linger a fortnight if it means we stop locking up people for getting high.

Being able to smoke weed is more important to you than basic human rights. How shocking.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Who What Now posted:

What would you call someone who supports the ability to take away someone's rights? States have no rights, by the way.
I think you will find that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I believe Johnson wants a viable legal drug market more than his donors' wishes will warrant honoring. I certainly believe that Johnson will end the War on Drugs where Hillary Clinton will sit on her hands about it for four to eight years.

I think that it's ok for LGBT people to be treated like subhuman monsters as long as the states decide it