Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The GI article mentions that the RoI record book is now account-wide, and each reward is delivered in triplicate for each character/class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
I, for one, don't give a poo poo about filling in circles

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Get out non-autist

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I hope the quest for the new gjallerhorn involves a lengthy PVP section and waiting for multiple arms days

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
weird snipe is weird. body shot damage, killed him at full life, game says headshot. whatevs, u ded
http://i.imgur.com/NT2QSWo.gifv

5 goons firing up a game of rift for shaxxfall, immediately get paired against a 6 man running flawless emblems looking to farm kills. took the game to time but we won by 2k because of good Spark control. also this guy. i'm not sure how you get to the lighthouse by not ionic blinking around corners into high traffic areas.
http://i.imgur.com/UnteNjB.gifv

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Destiny, by all rights, should not be the game for you then, but here we are.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The GI article talks a bit about the Gjallarhorn quest, it says it'll be very much like the subclass quests in that there are PVE segments on PVP maps and a no-holds-barred "reward" period that lets you finally cut loose with it.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

weird snipe is weird. body shot damage, killed him at full life, game says headshot. whatevs, u ded
http://i.imgur.com/NT2QSWo.gifv

You fired while he was falling past your crosshair, kick plus lag meant you were aiming at his head when the game decided your bullet landed.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

poo poo head was a red bar and why I was surprised it even connected

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

The GI article talks a bit about the Gjallarhorn quest, it says it'll be very much like the subclass quests in that there are PVE segments on PVP maps and a no-holds-barred "reward" period that lets you finally cut loose with it.

Better be selectable from the director and show up as the daily sometimes.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

BrokenKnees posted:

So if my 320 artifact is the only thing holding me back from getting my light past 331, what's the best way to get one with a higher light?

I think daughters/sisters/whatever the gently caress they are drop class items in the raid. That's a pretty easy section of the raid...I'd go on LFG and try and join a group just for that section on hard mode.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mr. WTF posted:

I think daughters/sisters/whatever the gently caress they are drop class items in the raid. That's a pretty easy section of the raid...I'd go on LFG and try and join a group just for that section on hard mode.

Class item != artifact. Artifacts you can get from the Court of Oryx and it's an easy solo this week if you have an exotic sword.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

haveblue posted:

Class item != artifact. Artifacts you can get from the Court of Oryx and it's an easy solo this week if you have an exotic sword.

Actually my fault on the description - artifacts are in the loot table though for Daughters and for Oryx. Court might still be easier, but Daughters is very easy if you have a good group. I wouldn't mess with Hard Oryx with randoms.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Mr. WTF posted:

Actually my fault on the description - artifacts are in the loot table though for Daughters and for Oryx. Court might still be easier, but Daughters is very easy if you have a good group. I wouldn't mess with Hard Oryx with randoms.

Artifacts are not in the loot table for Daughters and artifacts are only in the loot table for Oryx during challenge mode. Doth thou even raid, brother?

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

I wish I got a better adept skill other than "Last Member of the fireteam" garbage. Anything else would have been better.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Gameinformer says tomorrow's video will be 51 minutes long.

Maybe it's DeeJ doing another hour long examination of the snow textures in the remixed Cosmodrome

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

The Vinja Ninja posted:

I wish I got a better adept skill other than "Last Member of the fireteam" garbage. Anything else would have been better.

Is this a joke? All adept weapons get inherent Last Resort and only Last Resort.

Edit: Also Last Resort is great in Trials.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I finally got my PS4 back in working condition after getting it fixed! Now to just download the 19GB update from the Year 1 disc to current build. :smith:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Ularg posted:

I finally got my PS4 back in working condition after getting it fixed! Now to just download the 19GB update from the Year 1 disc to current build. :smith:

drat wasn't that like six months ago?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Switch to FastDraw. The tiny bit of range you get with OEG isn't worth the loss in handling speed on the archetype

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The Vinja Ninja posted:

All adept have last resort you should be more caremad about having rodeo instead of counterbalance or hh.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

BlindSite posted:

All adept have last resort you should be more caremad about having rodeo instead of counterbalance or hh.

A friend got a ADEPT pulse rifle with "Kills against minions of darkness gain more super energy" Instead of Last Resort when we got our lighthouse run so :shrug:

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

The Vinja Ninja posted:

A friend got a ADEPT pulse rifle with "Kills against minions of darkness gain more super energy" Instead of Last Resort when we got our lighthouse run so :shrug:

No he didn't.

That's not even a real weapon perk.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Dopants posted:

No he didn't.

That's not even a real weapon perk.

That's Inverse Shadow and no adept gun has that.

I mean, maybe Y1 guns did I didn't play then. Are you sure your friend didn't get Bad Juju and mistake it for a Trials gun?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's a helmet perk though

I think this dude is mistaken but if there was a company that could randomly throw a helmet perk on a gun for one single dude once it would be Bungie.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Isn't inverse shadow a helmet perk?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Emron posted:

Isn't inverse shadow a helmet perk?

Yes

Bad Juju has String of Curses which also increases your super but it doesn't say anything about minions and it has a lot of text about reloading.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I'm guessing what happened was his friend got a Trials helm from the lighthouse with IS and he mistook it as his friend reading his gun perk.

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

FishBulb posted:

Yes

Bad Juju has String of Curses which also increases your super but it doesn't say anything about minions and it has a lot of text about reloading.

It also isn't black and gold and doesn't have the word (ADEPT) on it, which you would think might be a red flag in identifying whether or not a gun is Adept.

qbert posted:

I'm guessing what happened was his friend got a Trials helm from the lighthouse with IS and he mistook it as his friend reading his gun perk.

This is also possible.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Yes

Something I was wondering the other day-the wording is ambiguous on String of Curses. I know that the added damage is part of the proc, but is the increased super, too?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Something I was wondering the other day-the wording is ambiguous on String of Curses. I know that the added damage is part of the proc, but is the increased super, too?

Yes. It was very popular in Y1 when paired with Obsidian Mind. Juju is still the go to super builder primary in PvE content.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yes. It was very popular in Y1 when paired with Obsidian Mind. Juju is still the go to super builder primary in PvE content.

Yeah, it's my most used PVE gun normally. I just wasn't sure if the super bonus came on all kills, or only those with string of curses active.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Emron posted:

Yeah, it's my most used PVE gun normally. I just wasn't sure if the super bonus came on all kills, or only those with string of curses active.

Kills.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Roman posted:

Gameinformer says tomorrow's video will be 51 minutes long.

Maybe it's DeeJ doing another hour long examination of the snow textures in the remixed Cosmodrome

Destiny ViDocs sponsored by Game Informer™

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope we get a another 15-minute deep dive on sparrow design

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level
I hope it's 50 minutes of Luke Smith staring directly into the camera followed by him whispering "Give us your money" Before a fade to black.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dopants posted:

I hope it's 50 minutes of Luke Smith staring directly into the camera followed by him whispering "Give us your money" Before a fade to black.

Nick Offerman did it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS-ErOKpO4E

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

When doesn't he?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Game Informer presents

A Day in the Life of Deej

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Maybe he plans to throw his helmet at enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Dopants posted:

When doesn't he?

fair

• Locked thread