Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wow Kira was gonna let a child die, even worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

Bad Seafood posted:

I prefer Jojo birds anyway.

It helps that they gave them the actual traits of the characters and reenacted manga panels rather than for the sake of drawing animals.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
part 8 kira is a Good Boy and i can't believe all this ridiculous slander i'm reading!!

FirstAidKite posted:

Remember that time kira made a dude eat his own fingers and also yelled at him to get out of a restaurant because he didn't want to be in the same restaurant as a surfer
kira's only "crime" here was wanting that loser to decide whether he was a man of the land or a man of the sea. totally justified IMO

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I liked whoever it was that pointed out the reason Kira made him eat his fingers was probably because he thought he was a Rock Person.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Kira is cool. I prefer blond Yoshikage Version. Kira (Sailor variant) seems like kind of a pissbaby but I appreciate his efforts to save a mom. If only Part 4 Josuke and Part 4 Kira had teamed up to save a mom.

Are you absolutely certain you don't mean Part 8 Kira here? Also, why are you differentiating Josukes? There's Josuke Higashikata and Jousuke Higashikata. They're totally different!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RareAcumen posted:

Are you absolutely certain you don't mean Part 8 Kira here? Also, why are you differentiating Josukes? There's Josuke Higashikata and Jousuke Higashikata. They're totally different!

I think you mean Jooouuu~~~suke Higashikata.

Jousuke is Yasuho's dog.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264...Db19vjKG0f27zfv

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

They might mean Jousefumi Kuujou.

Also, I finished re-reading JoJolion up to the present and I definitely like it a lot better on a second read. I quite liked it before, but I think it helps when you're not waiting a month for each chapter like I did before. It feels like a post-JoJo's Adventure, and it's kind of really neat for that.

e: Also, whoever said that the Higashikata's are like the Bluth family pretty much nailed it.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 11, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RareAcumen posted:

The Kira got a lot of re-release variants. There's Blond Kira, Dark Kira, Dark Kira (Disheveled Version), Detective Kira, Sailor Kira and then Sailor Kira can attach to the Waffle variant Josuke to make Sailor Josuke.

Also I think you mean Josuke 4 and Josuke 8, as ASB designates them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's really stupid that they do that. The character portraits are enough to very clearly distinguish them and it's ugly as gently caress to have the digit there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They use it so people can textually differentiate them. It's not a good solution, they could just call him Another Josuke or something instead like they end up doing with Diego, but whatever.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

If we are just talking about convention I could survive with Josuke vs Jousuke. I hope after Jojolion wraps up we can pick a better name than Josuke to refer to the part 8 protagonist. Hopefully he starts going by Josefumi in the story and there wont be two josukes anymore.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

obviously his name is gappy

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Wouldn't Josefumi be considered spoilers? Not that the games ever really cared about that anyway.

Gappy is unironically a good choice though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gappy is a perfectly fine name to refer to him with, but no localization team is gonna pick up a fan name as on the nose as that

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

CrashScreen posted:

Wouldn't Josefumi be considered spoilers? Not that the games ever really cared about that anyway.

Only insofar as people would know "This guy doesnt know who he is, and by the time the story wraps up he knows his name is Josefumi"

I mean, its not really a meaningful spoiler and people who are late to the game are always going to be at a disadvantage story wise. Knowing that this Josuke storyline is resolved and the amnesiac character recovers his memories at some point shouldn't be a shocking revelation. Josefumi was not a known character before his reveal in the comic so its not like theres any danger in his name being well known.

IMO its as much of a spoiler as knowing that Jolyne exists. Yea, it tells you that Jotaro has a child and from that you can infer he must at least survive the trip to Egypt (since Jolyne is already born during DIU it doesnt really tell you anything about his survival there)

Meme Emulator fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 11, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
his name is 4 balls

e: it's funny to me that Yasuho just eyeballed Josuke's balls for like a few seconds and instantly came to the conclusion of "uhhhh that aint normal"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gappy is fine in its bubble, it's an issue if you're using it exclusively. He's Josuke though, call him Josuke.

He's not Josefumi or Yoshikage so using those doesn't work.

Meme Emulator posted:

If we are just talking about convention I could survive with Josuke vs Jousuke. I hope after Jojolion wraps up we can pick a better name than Josuke to refer to the part 8 protagonist. Hopefully he starts going by Josefumi in the story and there wont be two josukes anymore.

The first page of the latest chapter is essentially him accepting that he is Josuke, he's been named Josuke since super early and he's called Josuke in all the merch and advertising. There's absolutely 0% chance they'll move on from it.

Also, Josuke deciding that he is Josefumi would be a real kick in the nuts considering Josefumi willingly gave his life so that Kira would live on.

Josefumi's existence and identity is a huge spoiler above and beyond that of Jolyne being Jotaro's kid or whatever. Josuke's identity and who he is is one of the core storylines and anything that gives that away is a huge spoiler.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 11, 2016

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

crazy josuke and wet josuke

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gappy higashikata

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Moltrey posted:

his name is 4 balls

Well, I mean, he does sign his texts that way.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's not Josefumi or Yoshikage so using those doesn't work.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

"Josuke" and "Another Josuke" would have worked well enough, as would just calling them "Josuke" and "Josuke (8)", both are way less clunky. The problem is their names are spelled differently in Japanese, so that means there's no translatable convention for keeping them separate native to the manga or game itself.

Alternatively, just call them "Josuke Higashikata, the one with the hot single mom" and "Josuke Higashikata, the one with swimsuit pancakes", but that might break the table.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The first page of the latest chapter is essentially him accepting that he is Josuke, he's been named Josuke since super early and he's called Josuke in all the merch and advertising. There's absolutely 0% chance they'll move on from it.

Also, Josuke deciding that he is Josefumi would be a real kick in the nuts considering Josefumi willingly gave his life so that Kira would live on.

Yeah I know, but calling the man Josefumi Kujo would just be easier on us, the readers. I wasn't trying to suggest it would make sense in the context of the story :P

quote:

Josefumi's existence and identity is a huge spoiler above and beyond that of Jolyne being Jotaro's kid or whatever. Josuke's identity and who he is is one of the core storylines and anything that gives that away is a huge spoiler.

While I agree, I was thinking about this in general. Like, imagine Jojo in 2024 when Part 9 is almost done. Anyone new to the series then will just know that its about a guy who doesnt know who he is, and possibly that hes really two people, just like everyone who is familiar with jojo knows SBR is about a horse race, even if they havent read it. Who Josefumi Is is a big spoiler, but Josefumi Existing is just part of the setting.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

so where the hell is Jojolion going to go now? checking up on whatever the hell Jobin's doing with rock people?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

hoobajoo posted:

Alternatively, just call them "Josuke Higashikata, the one with the hot single mom" and "Josuke Higashikata, the one with swimsuit pancakes", but that might break the table.
It's Josuke Higashikata, The Man Who Deflects Pressure and Josuke Higashikata, The Man With Four Testicles And A Mysterious Bite Mark

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Does anyone think Josuke's bite mark was from the rock dog Iwasuke?

Olive! fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 11, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

his name is 4 balls

Jojo 4Nuts.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Moltrey posted:

It's Josuke Higashikata, The Man Who Deflects Pressure and Josuke Higashikata, The Man With Four Testicles And A Mysterious Bite Mark

You mean Jousuke

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i do not

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

It's Josuke "The Man Who Deflects [Pressure]" Higashikata, and Josuke "The Man With Four Testicles And A Mysterious Bite Mark" Higashikata.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Pressure Daze Higashikata

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Josuke Hig4shik4t4 and Josuk8 High8shikata.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Josuke and "Josuke."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll Jos your uke

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He was a Josuk8er boy
She said see ya later boy
He had four balls
And that's real neat

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

I'll Jos your uke
Jo-seme and Jos-uke

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
2 on the streets

4 in the sheets

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Josuke and Jousuke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Josuke and Black Josuke