Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Apparently, an announcement is planned for August 23rd, for PS Now being officially usable from a PC. Supposed to launch either on the 23rd or a week later depending on region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

univbee posted:

Apparently, an announcement is planned for August 23rd, for PS Now being officially usable from a PC. Supposed to launch either on the 23rd or a week later depending on region.

Oh poo poo, we can recycle all those jokes about Xbox One games on pc now for PlayStation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

ps now on pc is win as gently caress

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ape Agitator posted:

Oh poo poo, we can recycle all those jokes about Xbox One games on pc now for PlayStation

Except not really because psnow doesn't have current gen games

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

axleblaze posted:

Except not really because psnow doesn't have current gen games

Saints Row 4. :colbert:

I am being silly of course. Options are best as always

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If I like Yakuza 5 is there any point in me picking up 3 and 4 or will they be too dated?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If I like Yakuza 5 is there any point in me picking up 3 and 4 or will they be too dated?

There's never a wrong time to pick up Yakuza 3, aka the most perfect orphanage simulator

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

zenintrude posted:

There's never a wrong time to pick up Yakuza 3, aka the most perfect orphanage simulator

Also Yakuza 4, which features a cop who subdues perps by judoflipping their attacks so he can break their arms and put them in handcuffs.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

5 isn't particularly more modern than 3 or 4

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011
I remember somethig happens to one of your orphanage kids in yakuza 3, you can see him lying there on the beach but you have to walk over to trigger the event. I went to play golf instead. Good video game moment.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'd love to play yakuza in order but uh, yeah, 1 and 2 are way too unreasonable in price

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought 1 and 2 for a few bucks each on eBay last year. I don't like how they play at all though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh sorry I bought 1. 2 is crazy expensive, I emulated that one.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
2 and 1 especially are pretty rough. From 3 onward they play much much better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cool my local CEX has them both for about €20 altogether so I'll pick them up soon! 5 is incredible.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Does psnow have demons souls yet?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Presteign posted:

nope

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Presteign posted:

It is, however, currently $9.99 on PSN, if you have a PS3.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

univbee posted:

Are you loving kidding me this announcement comes RIGHT AS I CANCEL MY PSNOW SUB?

I'll probably still pass it up unless we can get some more variety available. For some reason my net seems to be less speedy than when I first got it.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

widespread posted:

Are you loving kidding me this announcement comes RIGHT AS I CANCEL MY PSNOW SUB?

I'll probably still pass it up unless we can get some more variety available. For some reason my net seems to be less speedy than when I first got it.

Is PSNow something you can't...you know...renew again after it's lapsed?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
. Awful app ignore me

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

housefly posted:

Is PSNow something you can't...you know...renew again after it's lapsed?

No, I can renew. But it's more questioning if I should based on my own tech. I've yet to play with powerline adapter based wired net.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yakuza 5 uses pretty much the same exact engine as 4, except for the new job minigames.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:whatup:

The PS3 will live on for a while

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

So apparently FF15 is more or less confirmed to be delayed from September to November. I preordered 2 Play games planning to redeem that 20% off code for FF15 when it came out, how long are these codes usually valid for?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

why cant you just preorder ff? does the code not work on preorders for some reason?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

why cant you just preorder ff? does the code not work on preorders for some reason?

Discount codes don't work on pre-orders, and I'm pretty sure the 20% off code is only good for September.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Yeah the coupon is only good till October 4. I'm hoping there's a good sale sometime before then that I can apply it on top of.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

widespread posted:

No, I can renew. But it's more questioning if I should based on my own tech. I've yet to play with powerline adapter based wired net.

That's what I use and it works great in my house. Obviously it's dependent upon the wiring of your place. My house is about 22 years old and it's perfectly fine for online play.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
I just learned the hard way not to buy Minecraft Story Mode DLC from the PSN store directly if you bought the game on disc. If you actually want the DLC to do anything you need to buy it directly inside the game.

Perhaps this is obvious? I swear I've purchased DLC through the store for Disc games before without problems (The Witcher 3, Destiny, Mass Effect to name a few).

Sony did refund my purchase so I could buy it properly, but the support rep first suggested I sell my disc game and buy digital so the DLC would work. Considering this was only episode 7 and we already had episodes 2-6 I was like "uh no..."

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

barren_sky posted:

Yeah the coupon is only good till October 4. I'm hoping there's a good sale sometime before then that I can apply it on top of.

Yeah your best bet is either a sale or if you wanted to get deus ex or xcom 2. Only two games coming out in the coupon period that'd be worth it I think.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man that's pretty lovely :/ like everyone was gonna use it on FF weren't they

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

ff is the kind of game i'm getting physical.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

housefly posted:

That's what I use and it works great in my house. Obviously it's dependent upon the wiring of your place. My house is about 22 years old and it's perfectly fine for online play.

Okay good because I decided to try it last night. It does indeed work and now I need to work on a few games to get my $20 worth.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Drop's out

Adventure Capitalist
Battleship
Bound - PLAY promotion eligible
Doodle Devil
Dungeon Punks - Vita Crossbuy
F1 2016 - the only retail game this week
Grow Up!
The Huntsman Winter's Curse
Inversus
Solbrain Knight of Darkness

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Almost positive this is why the coupon expires by October. I mean at least give it until the end of the year.

They were probably too scared of people doing it by the millions for call of duty/Battlefield/whatever else comes out in November.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Ape Escape 2 is the EU version even on the US store and this throws me off way too much.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Way too psyched for Bound even though it's probably gonna be garbage. At least it came with a nice theme

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Ape Escape 2 is the EU version even on the US store and this throws me off way too much.

The dub is painfully bad.

Game is really fun though, no idea how I never played these games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

abagofcheetos posted:

The dub is painfully bad.

Game is really fun though, no idea how I never played these games.

I'm guessing they had some difficulties with the US version? Whether it was because Ubisoft published it over here, or maybe the dub full of Pokemon VAs?

I don't know, i'm just having difficulties getting past suddenly having british accented characters who use their original Japanese names. Really hoping when they put 3 out its the good old NTSC version.

• Locked thread