Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Are we sure violent video games don't really cause all the mass murders in the world?

One of the worst mass killers of white people in recent times trained using violent video games. Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dirt posted:

This is the worst USPol derail I've seen in months.

Trump is crashing and burning so hard we are taking card games.

That's good I guess.

Meanwhile 70-something Republicans signed a letter asking the RNC chair to defund the Trump campaign and focus on house and Senate seats.

But card games guys. That the real news story of the day. =D

We discussed and fixed the Trump problem.

The collective are now discussing card games, and why we could ban some because we are either poo poo at them or unfunny soulless assholes trying to act edgy.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TheLoquid posted:

Monopoly legitimizes exploitation of renters. Risk legitimizes imperialism. Chess legitimizes authoritarianism and the exploitation of the most vulnerable. Don't play any games.

PAYDAY 2 legitimizes stealing from banks, senators, and mass murdering cops.

Play PAYDAY 2

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/763815720136413184

Dirt
May 26, 2003

happyhippy posted:

We discussed and fixed the Trump problem.

The collective are now discussing card games, and why we could ban some because we are either poo poo at them or unfunny soulless assholes trying to act edgy.

I guess that's progress. From Arzying to Card games.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I haven't played card games since Magic as a teenager. . Someone tell me how racist magic is/was plz

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TheLoquid posted:

Monopoly legitimizes exploitation of renters. Risk legitimizes imperialism. Chess legitimizes authoritarianism and the exploitation of the most vulnerable. Don't play any games.

Look other pawns if you guys just pulled yourself up by your bootstraps and made the effort to get to the other side you too could become a queen(or a knight)

Stop blaming the King when you are being sacrificed for other pieces.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is this a different event from the one before?

If so is this his new thing? Claiming he had a speech written but he isn't reading it?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

:allears:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Good

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/763853345895448576

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

aBagorn posted:

Just got this email from Mr Donald, including this choice quote:

From all that I remember, didn't DNC viewership win every day except the last?

Only day that matters is the day Donald spoke.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TheLoquid posted:

Chess: The most classicist game in existence.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
They should angle for Condoleezza Rice, just for the racist-misogynist backlash against the one woman involved in presidential administrations in the last 20 years that's smarter than Clinton.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
New tweet from Billy West.

https://twitter.com/TheBillyWest/status/763855342488866816

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Boon posted:

Chess: The most classicist game in existence.

The women do all the work and is way more competent than the guy, but she's completely useless without him. Bishops are born in their place and may never change that.
I think you're onto something there.

Imagine if you are a political campaigner for Trump, desperately try to write a speech which could turn some things around, and after an allnighter you finally have something to be content with. He just throws it away and does his thing.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Goatman Sacks posted:

They should angle for Condoleezza Rice, just for the racist-misogynist backlash against the one woman involved in presidential administrations in the last 20 years that's smarter than Clinton.

I'm pretty sure Rice doesn't give a gently caress and never wants to leave Hoover Tower again.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Air is lava! posted:

The women do all the work and is way more competent than the guy, but she's completely useless without him. Bishops are born in their place and may never change that.

The horsey moves in an L shape.

:shittypop:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Air is lava! posted:

Don't forget that the WHITE pieces always go first!

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 11, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The only way for a pawn to change his way is to use violence.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A pawn can kill anyone stupid enough to get in his way.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Air is lava! posted:

The only way for a pawn to change his way is to use violence.

Or just go barreling ahead uncaring of anything

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

Not quite, but he can kill anyone who looks at him sideways.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Where does en passant fit in this grand metaphor?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MariusLecter posted:

No he can't. He is stuck in his tracks if someone is in front of him.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

How does this make so much sense.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Where does en passant fit in this grand metaphor?

If a pawn gets to uppity and thinks he can move more than the average one, others can straight up kill him.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

Kibayasu posted:

How does this make so much sense.

I hope West does some of the more vile quotes, Zapp's voice would leach every drop of venom out.

Blood coming out of her...

wherever. :smug:

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Popular Thug Drink posted:

CAH has more cards about jews so i dont understand why these so called 'allies' are trying to distract from the inherent anti-semitism of the game by complaining about racism

CAH website posted:

Jew Pack
Fun fact: 100% of the Cards Against Humanity writers are Jewish. Can you believe it? A Jewish comedy writer! Anything is possible in 2016.

I kinda feel like the people who are tut-tutting about this game don't really spend much time with black people. Racial jokes, in both directions, are okay when everyone knows each other well enough to know there is no ill intent and that the jokes are satirical. This can definitely spiral into a negative direction if there's just one guy who's not part of the group and has gross views.

And putting "white privilege" with that country club card would get a way bigger laugh than "black people." The latter isn't funny. The idea is to subvert expectations.

I probably play it twice a year.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I never played CAH because I have no friends, therefore I am the most tolerant and understanding of social issues.

TheLoquid posted:

Better yet, play all of these so that you have a better understanding of why capitalism, imperialism, and exploitation of the vulnerable are all bad things.

Unless you come away the winner, then the board game is actually a mirror into your deep personal psyche revealing your true rear end in a top hat nature.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
UGHHHH imagine playing Catan with Trump he'd be so obnoxious when trading

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Ugh some "expert" is on NPR comparing Trump's "Obama and Clinton are the Founder and MVP of ISIS" quotes (which they did at least play the direct audio of and fact-check as "no") to claims that Reagan is responsible for Al-Qaeda just because he equipped and supported the mujahadeen. As in, they're both just lies and slander.

EXCEPT ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/763861690056310784
Heritage not hate

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

theflyingorc posted:

UGHHHH imagine playing Catan with Trump he'd be so obnoxious when trading

I think he'd go whole hog into building the longest road so it wouldn't be a huge problem.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I now legit need to see the presidential candidates play catan.... or BSG :awesomelon:

Dirt posted:

I haven't played card games since Magic as a teenager. . Someone tell me how racist magic is/was plz
WELP

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I think Trump is going down hard, but I think I'll have a hard time feeling fully comfortable without seeing FL or OH poll numbers that are over 5 percent margin.

I know, I'm greedy. But I think this election doesn't deserve the typical nail biter horse race bullshit.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Stereotype posted:

The definition is so vague, it goes from lung cancer to literally any respiratory or cardiovascular disease to even stroke.

If only there were a way to determine if an activity resulted in a higher likelyhood of those things happening, and by how much. But, since science isn't real there's just no way to tell.

Instead, I'll gut-feel that cigarettes actually prevent cancer, and that's just as good as any "facts".

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I now legit need to see the presidential candidates play catan.... or BSG :awesomelon:

WELP

Should have gone with the one drawn by a literal white supremacist.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Good to see everyone ignoring the tracking polls today. Good job everyone.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

North Florida. :(

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Zwabu posted:

I think Trump is going down hard, but I think I'll have a hard time feeling fully comfortable without seeing FL or OH poll numbers that are over 5 percent margin.

I know, I'm greedy. But I think this election doesn't deserve the typical nail biter horse race bullshit.

This is why I put money on Trump this week. Best case scenario, Hillary wins, worst case scenario, I get a free vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

CelestialScribe posted:

Good to see everyone ignoring the tracking polls today. Good job everyone.

a durrrr duh durrrr durrrrrrrr

• Locked thread