Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Torb still has a home in the PS4 sewer queues. Even with the nerf, there are some defensive points that are pretty hard to turn fast enough to hit with the controller, especially if people haven't increased their sensitivity. It's very vulnerable to focused fire or being flanked (hilariously Reapers can just stand right in front of it and shoot it down now due to low damage). But against bad teams and payloads where there's something else to worry about you're going to get 20+ kills just on a single choke point. The key of course is to assess quickly if the turret's being effective and moving it or switching characters if it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

gameplay-significant unlocks are the second-worst thing to ever happen to FPS design, after the invention of controllers of course

have you considered making personal improvement as a player your milestone instead

I know I know but it just speaks to some RPG lizard brain thing. I can't describe it properly. I know it's irrational but it's there.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I miss seeing Reinhardt in comp. It's always Zarya/Roadhog/D'va.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

You know that Lucio shooting my turret is likely moving, and isn't nearly as fat as you are. The turret cooldown is why you care, as well as the time spent not being able to get a turret setup. Turrets require absolutely no one is firing at them for 5 hammer hits which is a long loving time. (6 seconds? I'm not sure) If I think I can save a turret I will attempt to. I'm also reluctant to change where a turret is because of the risk of being caught setting up the new one. Oh yeah and Torb has a huge hitbox for some reason.

I regret to inform you that despite being a turret character, Torb still requires you to have the basic ability to aim and shoot back at people. He's a Gunslinger Engineer, not the regular Engineer.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Lol my account got silenced for saying I'd report the other team for "Falling asleep on the job" as I put them to sleep as Ana.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Verranicus posted:

I miss seeing Reinhardt in comp. It's always Zarya/Roadhog/D'va.

I see Reins all the time still, it's almost a free win if there isn't one as you can exploit the lack of the shield so easily.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

mcvey posted:

I see Reins all the time still, it's almost a free win if there isn't one as you can exploit the lack of the shield so easily.

Yeah, I dunno. I only ever seem to see them on the enemy team. Maybe that has something to do with this losing streak I'm on.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Discord Orb is loving broken

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Verranicus posted:

Yeah, I dunno. I only ever seem to see them on the enemy team. Maybe that has something to do with this losing streak I'm on.

Maybe you should play Rein

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

decrease the debuff on discord from 50% to 40%

except for genji, who gets all of the lost debuffs from other heroes stacked on top of his 50% so that he's taking 260% extra damage

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

mcvey posted:

Maybe you should play Rein

I'm not good at tanks.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

mcvey posted:

They always seem to wipe out everything when I see them.

For fun I used up a whole Pharah rocket barrage by firing it straight into Reinhardts shield. It broke the shield and seemed to almost stagger him as well as cripple him which gave me a smug sense of satisfaction. To have one attack just smash that annoying shield head on.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Verranicus posted:

I'm not good at tanks.

Yeah but you're not good as Torb either but at least you'll be useful as a Rein.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

decrease the debuff on discord from 50% to 40%

except for genji, who gets all of the lost debuffs from other heroes stacked on top of his 50% so that he's taking 260% extra damage

Decrease it to 25% but Zenyatta receives double the effectiveness from it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

mcvey posted:

Yeah but you're not good as Torb either but at least you'll be useful as a Rein.

Torb is fun to play though.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The servers making GBS threads the bed for anyone else right now?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bolow posted:

Decrease it to 25% but Zenyatta receives double the effectiveness from it.

Decrease it to 40% but the entire team can see the tracking icon.

(I play Zen all the time, don't nerf him please)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Remove it from the game and give him a more interesting set of spells instead

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The way I play Rein is I go full Chaos Mode and just charge everything and hit everything with my hammer to build ult. Then I use the ult at some cool moment and then we win

Rein builds ult super fast when you have things to hit with that hammer. Firestrike also gives a nice chunk. Most people are awful as reinharddt, they just stand there

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

Bolow posted:

Yeah. Just killed my game. I'll probably lose rank for it because why not.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
if you can charge everything as reinhardt without instantly getting discorded and killed, you must have been discorded and killed and sent to reinhardt heaven

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

I regret to inform you that despite being a turret character, Torb still requires you to have the basic ability to aim and shoot back at people. He's a Gunslinger Engineer, not the regular Engineer.

Hahahaha did you even play engineer in TF2? I did now I think I stopped playing it before it was nerfed but hahahahahaha. You see the difference is, engineer isn't broad, his base mini turret has decent dps, the shotgun is better at mid range. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that Torbs strength is in his weapon which one could come to the assumption that yes I believe hitting guys is important.

Oh yeah not only higher dps but people have less health in tf2.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Aug 12, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Gunslinger Engy was a monster compared to Torb.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

strong bird posted:

Remove it from the game and give him a more interesting set of spells instead

Remove the 50% damage boost and make it return a % of damage as healing to any character that hits the Discorded target, thus ensuring Zen as a true healer.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Make discord orb give no damage amp but instead activate shroom mode from RoTT on the target.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Bolow posted:

Every single time I'm on Nepal village.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

Remove the 50% damage boost and make it return a % of damage as healing to any character that hits the Discorded target, thus ensuring Zen as a true healer.

Yeah

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Thor-Stryker posted:

This would be pretty great, no joke. Maybe a 10-20% damage boost would be okay, plus giving back the same amount as health.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's a lot less useful than discord and would be a pretty significant nerf, both to his damage and to how useful he is compared to literally any other hero. he'd disappear forever if you did that

like he'd be worse than ana as a healer still because even junkrat/pharah hitting a dude would be getting less health back than ana shooting them once

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It's a terrible change because your ability to heal is intrinsically tied to your teammate's ability to aim, and keeping people who take more fire than they're dishing out alive is the top priority of a support.

You basically won't do anything for Reinhardt unless he's one of those death machine Reins who spends more time hammering things than shielded and snowballs over everyone.

(Also, get rid of Discord's damage buff entirely and the game becomes about the adventures of a Korean gamer girl in skintight sex-lycra crushing the whole world under her boots.)

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 12, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Craptacular! posted:

It's a terrible change because your ability to heal is intrinsically tied to your teammate's ability to aim, and keeping people who take more fire than they're dishing out alive is the top priority of a support.

You basically won't do anything for Reinhardt unless he's one of those death machine Reins who spends more time hammering things than shielded and snowballs over everyone.

He would still have his healing orb for Reinhardt.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the healing orb is garbage tho

you'd be removing the entire reason to use him so that you could keep him the worst healer in the support category except entirely focused on being a bad healer rather than having at as something to support your offense heroes

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Bacontotem posted:

Every single time I'm on Nepal village.

I know, right? Nepal's my favorite map, too, it really sucks.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Verranicus when you were silenced did group chat still work for you?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Im all for removing heroes theres too many

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Zenyatta is fun as hell to play so please don't gently caress around with him tia

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing this game a to lately but I'm still so bad at it. Once I a while I can pull it all together but lately I've been going back to quickplay so I don't have to stare at my rank going down. I also switch to quickplay because I kept getting screwed by teammates dropping out (it literally happened like 4 times in a row).

Still can't stop playing though because it's awesome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think they should nerf Transcedndence and Dragonblade. Thats all for now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

If you take a second to think about it aside from sticking to targets faster discord has been unchanged from launch. No one gave a poo poo about discord when zenyatta died from being shat on by a pigeon. Now that he's actually alive for more than 10 seconds at a time, discord is around for more than 10 seconds at a time. It's an interesting balance change domino effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

"While Mei currently doesn't see a ton of tournament or competitive play, I don't think shes super far off.

Currently her ult can feel a bit unwieldy and inconsistent, especially when you compare it to other similar ults such as Reinhardt's. We're internally testing allowing the ultimate projectile she throws to pierce barriers (such as Reinhardt's shield), and increasing the radius a bit on it."

"Zenyatta is definitely playing a lot better these days. At this point anecdotal feedback, internal stats, and competitive feedback are all showing hes actually a bit too strong at the moment.

At this point we're looking likely to reduce some of his power in an upcoming patch, probably related to his Discord Orb."