Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Dirt posted:

I guess that's progress. From Arzying to Card games.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I haven't played card games since Magic as a teenager. . Someone tell me how racist magic is/was plz

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=1488&type=card

e: fb but the card number is hilarious in of itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CelestialScribe posted:

Good to see everyone ignoring the tracking polls today. Good job everyone.

so how was your two week vacation

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

If a pawn gets to uppity and thinks he can move more than the average one, others can straight up kill him.

Sad!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

CelestialScribe posted:

The cycle continues.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Can we just declare CelestialScribe to be under a :toxx: for Trump at this point? Dude has made so many posts containing nothing but "TRUMP'S GONNA WIN YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!" that he deserves to be banned for wasting so much of everyone's time if Trump loses.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Boon posted:

Chess: The most classicist game in existence.

But also the most trans-positive: half of the characters want to progress far enough to become queens.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

the people who like CAH and think it's even a game rather than a thinly-veiled racism-enabler are human garbage and the sooner they're excised from the board gaming community the better.

greatn posted:

The only time I ever played CAH was when it was brought by a black guy, to a gay bachelor party, and a different black guy and his white wife to a hiking trip. It didn't seem as racist as advertised(I assume because with actual black people in the room people avoided racist answers)

Popular Thug Drink posted:

its only as racist as the people who play it

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah maybe CAH is racist when you play it with racist people?
This is exactly what Dr. Angela Ziegler was saying - it's a thinly veiled racism enabler. You're not disagreeing with her.

hopHeadless posted:

Yeah I played CAH at some college parties and it got old really fast. At least with Apples to Apples you can be raunchy in a way that actually requires some creativity.

WampaLord posted:

Apples to Apples was always great when you could make a CAH-style combination with the clean rear end stuff in Apples to Apples.

Personal best was "Touchy Feely" with "Helen Keller." Helen Keller became a trump card in our games.
The entire purpose of CAH is to combine it with Apples to Apples and Apples to Apples: Bible Edition in order to make one super deck. It isn't any good on it's own.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Can we just declare CelestialScribe to be under a :toxx: for Trump at this point? Dude has made so many posts containing nothing but "TRUMP'S GONNA WIN YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!" that he deserves to be banned for wasting so much of everyone's time if Trump loses.

If Boosted didn't get auto-toxxed, then Celestial ain't gonna be.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Teddybear posted:

Boosted's actually funny sometimes.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
The conundrum with CAH is that if you actually have a group of people who would all play a not-lovely game of CAH, they'd all probably prefer to play something else and no one is going to suggest it.

There's always one or two people who go apeshit for CAH, constantly demand it comes out at parties, and want to play it way, way longer than it should ever be played, and they're always the type of people who suck at it and make it terrible for everyone. If it weren't for them, it wouldn't get played at all, and therein lies its biggest problem.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Haha well drat.

This just confirms what I always knew : people who played mostly blue counter /control decks are evil.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Spatula City posted:

I can't believe there was a loving slapfight about Cards Against Humanity in this thread. I mean, yes I can, but jfc. :psyduck:

obligatory opinion: CAH is okay, but I don't have the gutter-trash sense of humor to really enjoy the risque stuff. I like 9/11 jokes and dead baby jokes like any goon, but not tampon jokes or transphobia. Still, SedanChair is an unpleasant person on these forums and I hope he/she/it is much nicer to people in real life.

I think I just cringe reflexively at this point whenever I see anyone pull out 'he/she/it', after being on the internet for this long. Is 'they' really that hard?

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Teddybear posted:

Boosted Toxxed that Trump would win Soith Carolina in the GOP Collapse Thread, actually.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Dubstep Jesus posted:

Boosted Toxxed that Trump would win Soith Carolina in the GOP Collapse Thread, actually.

Should really be an automatic ban, then, because Trump definitely won't win Soith Carolina's votes.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The best part about this is that the link goes to a Rasmussen poll saying 67% of Americans want Trump to release his tax returns.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

CelestialScribe posted:

shut up meg

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

AmiYumi posted:

Ugh some "expert" is on NPR comparing Trump's "Obama and Clinton are the Founder and MVP of ISIS" quotes (which they did at least play the direct audio of and fact-check as "no") to claims that Reagan is responsible for Al-Qaeda just because he equipped and supported the mujahadeen. As in, they're both just lies and slander.

EXCEPT ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER.

Actually arming the mujahadeen began under Carter and Brzezinski, Reagan ramped up the program though.

That said it's a hilarious weird comparison.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TheBigAristotle posted:

The best part about this is that the link goes to a Rasmussen poll saying 67% of Americans want Trump to release his tax returns.

Hillary looks ridiculously cute in that photo.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Teddybear posted:

Should really be an automatic ban, then, because Trump definitely won't win Soith Carolina's votes.

:thejoke:

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Amergin posted:

Scythe legitimizes raiding other nations for resources resulting in reductions in your popularity - oh wait...

Goddamn it this is a good post

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TheBigAristotle posted:

This is the dumbest conspiracy theory. They have literally 0 data points. She's fallen twice in recent memory, once on icy stairs, and she did a weird head bob (on purpose).

edit: I forgot, she spaced out for a moment once.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

greatn posted:

Hillary looks ridiculously cute in that photo.

She's my manic pixie dream president

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How did Matt Drudge ever become a thing?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

CelestialScribe posted:

Why don't you post some then, RCP's tracking poll average seems the same as it has been recently. Do you mean the RASSSSSMUUSEENNN poll that shows Clinton with only +3%?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

theflyingorc posted:

This is the dumbest conspiracy theory. They have literally 0 data points. She's fallen twice in recent memory, once on icy stairs, and she did a weird head bob (on purpose).

This is the most pathetic talking point I've ever seen, and I've seen how much they wasted trying to turn Benghazi into an actual fault of hilldog.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Crabtree posted:

This is the most pathetic talking point I've ever seen, and I've seen how much they wasted trying to turn Benghazi into an actual fault of hilldog.

It really is - especially considering that Trump is:

1. older
2. Male, which means he's likely closer to death than her
3. Looks like he's a dumb child's art project, just skin stretched over popsicle sticks

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's just a throwback to a golden oldie

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-08-03/news/mn-6862_1_medical-records

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How did Matt Drudge ever become a thing?

Bill Clinton's affair with Monica.

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

theflyingorc posted:

A close friend that I love and respect told me today that he is concerned that there isn't more attention being paid to Hillary's "health problems."

I replied, "Regardless of political affiliation it should not really matter and it's all baseless speculation anyway."

He said, "But did you see her walking up those stairs!? That's not normal."

I replied, "FDR had polio."

He said, "Well, that's not the same, she obviously has some neurological condition."

I. loving. Quit.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

33rd Degree Idiot posted:

A close friend that I love and respect told me today that he is concerned that there isn't more attention being paid to Hillary's "health problems."

I replied, "Regardless of political affiliation it should not really matter and it's all baseless speculation anyway."

He said, "Well, that's not the same, she obviously has some neurological condition."

I. loving. Quit.

FDR also died in office so that maybe isn't as strong a point as you think it is

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Crabtree posted:

What about the dude that carries around a stick of diazepam?

I wonder how accurate those posts are that it is actually diazepam, seems kind of weird to just have it out or be fiddling with it while walking down a hallway not administering anything.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cabbit posted:

I think I just cringe reflexively at this point whenever I see anyone pull out 'he/she/it', after being on the internet for this long. Is 'they' really that hard?

There are those who refuse to recognize the singular they as a concept. No amount of historical precedent will sway them.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

FDR also died in office so that maybe isn't as strong a point as you think it is

I'll take this in consideration when weighing whether or not I want Hillary in for a fourth term

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Yeah during his fourth fuckin term

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Bashez posted:

What about the dude that carries around a stick of diazepam?

I wonder how accurate those posts are that it is actually diazepam, seems kind of weird to just have it out or be fiddling with it while walking down a hallway not administering anything.

Did they actually prove it?

It looked like a small flashlight.

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

Mechafunkzilla posted:

FDR died during his fourth term in office so that maybe isn't as strong a point as you think it is.

(That said, the "FDR had polio" bit wasn't exactly the point, friend)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/marinafang/status/763877854090260481

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm ok with Hilary dying in office during her 4th term after having passed a ton of social welfare programs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Unfortunately Reagan probably was too affected by Alzheimers to be a good president, but it sure as hell is a great defense that he didn't know anything about Iran Contra - because he might not have known much of anything by that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

33rd Degree Idiot posted:

I. loving. Quit.

For centuries stairs have longed to destroy the brain.

Is that just someone who's been exposed to too much propaganda, that thier brain subconciously starts filling in all the logical gaps that have been presented?
Not 'buying into it' but just the human brain trying to compensate in the face of twisty non-logic.

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 12, 2016

• Locked thread