Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Overeem is a bad matchup for Stipe and should probably be a favorite to beat him, and then in classic fashion will lose the belt immediately to Ben rothwell or whomever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Overeem is everything cool and good about the heavyweight division

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Also remember in the days before the ascension of the c.uck meme when people on here would make weird posts like "Overeem kicks rear end and you would HAVE to let him gently caress your girlfriend!" and then Overeem entered the UFC and ruined their fantasy by losing to Travis Browne, Bigfoot Silva, Ben rothwell -- a murderer';s row of guys that you would not get pleasure out of watching gently caress your girlfriend

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

Overeem is a bad matchup for Stipe and should probably be a favorite to beat him, and then in classic fashion will lose the belt immediately to Ben rothwell or whomever

i think the outcome will hinge on stipe's ability to complete a takedown. i think nothing would precipitate a classic reem wilting better than a few minutes on his back

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

That muscle idiot comes off as pretty articulate and well spoken in a language that is not his first - something to keep in mind.

Overeem lived in England till he was 6, so English actually is his first language. Although he may also come off as articulate and well spoken in Dutch; I wouldn't know

Also, he is going to smash Stipe so bad he'll look like he doesn't even belong in the ring with him, and then get KOed by Ben Rothwell again, because that is how the heavyweight division works.

EDIT:

manyak posted:

lol

fatherdog fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 12, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

manyak posted:

Also remember in the days before the ascension of the c.uck meme when people on here would make weird posts like "Overeem kicks rear end and you would HAVE to let him gently caress your girlfriend!" and then Overeem entered the UFC and ruined their fantasy by losing to Travis Browne, Bigfoot Silva, Ben rothwell -- a murderer';s row of guys that you would not get pleasure out of watching gently caress your girlfriend

lol

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I like overeem for his skills and his flaws. If he could win a ufc title and defend it one time successfully I think there would be a serious argument to be made for him as the best hw

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
there's been so many repeated highs, lows, weird twists, and funny stories in overeem's career that he's probably been the single best guy to be a fan of

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
He's my favorite, also Mir

Their fight, however, was not my favorite

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

manyak posted:

lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

overeem's new style is working out fantastically for him but i really don't like the several minutes of nothing before the eyebrow raising conclusion

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
the HW Prophecy aside , i think stipes got the tools to KO overeem early or late, cuz hes got some juice in his hands, a lot of cardio, and I think his wrestling should be able to keep overeem off him at least

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
purely in terms of skillset and physical attributes overeem is probably the best heavyweight to ever live and yet i was 100% convinced he was going to lose to todd duffee. that's special in a way that no accolades or championships will ever convey.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
i want stipe to win just so he fights struve again and we get Timid Newborn Giraffe as world heavyweight champion

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

purely in terms of skillset and physical attributes overeem is probably the best heavyweight to ever live and yet i was 100% convinced he was going to lose to todd duffee. that's special in a way that no accolades or championships will ever convey.

lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So when's the next time people punch people? I need my dose of hilarious upsets and Bruce Buffer yelling FIGHING.

Especially now that Sling has FN1 or whatever! Sling Blue owns.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chokes McGee posted:

So when's the next time people punch people? I need my dose of hilarious upsets and Bruce Buffer yelling FIGHING.

Especially now that Sling has FN1 or whatever! Sling Blue owns.

Next weekend is the McGregor card

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

fatherdog posted:

The Miller fight was after his loss to Hughes; a lot of people already had him pegged as the Next Big Thing at welterweight at that point. Even in a loss, him outwrestling Hughes was A Big Deal.

the hughes gsp fights and everything in between were so amazing. Hughes arm barring gsp, bullying him on tuf and asking if he wanted to practise arm bar defence through to gsp destroying hughes in the second fight then making hughes tap verbally to an armbar after hump loving hughes to break his grip while mounted was so cathartic.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
Top 5:
Hunt/Bigfoot I
Ubereem/Lesnar
Bendo/Cerrone 1
Grice/Bermudez (go watch it)
Nurmegomedov/Trujillo because ragdolling is cute. ha

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Top 5:
Hunt/Bigfoot I
Ubereem/Lesnar
Bendo/Cerrone 1
Grice/Bermudez (go watch it)
Nurmegomedov/Trujillo because ragdolling is cute. ha

How is Bendo/Pettis FROM YOUR AVATAR not in your top 5?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Derrick Lewis

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Skip My Posts posted:

Derrick Lewis

needs to fight Hunt

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Guys, I'm real happy right now.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:getin:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

manyak posted:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

You guys are forum treasures.

:mbisonyes.gif:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

If you correctly count the fight against Matt Mitrione as a loss due to Disqualification (Being exceptionally Travis Browne), Browne has lost four of his last five fights.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

God, I'm not sure why but so am I

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope Werdum comes up with some new creative ways to embarrass Travis Browne

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Overeem is going to get injured, and then they'll offer the title shot to Werdum, who will turn it down because of Brazillian reasons, and then they'll get Travis Browne to take the fight on 6 days notice and he's going to win.

:smith:

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Novum posted:

God, I'm not sure why but so am I

its like a sequel to your favourite movie

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Easy there man, things will be fine

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Overeem is going to get injured, and then they'll offer the title shot to Werdum, who will turn it down because of Brazillian reasons, and then they'll get Travis Browne to take the fight on 6 days notice and he's going to win.

The Bisping of it All.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

CommonShore posted:

ill cut ya

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

SquirrelGrip posted:

Thugjitsu masters limp legged hopping knee ko

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ty i wasnt going to attempt that via phone

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Oh but there's more:

http://i.imgur.com/gWYfCOf.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/Vmz17b3.mp4

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

:iamafag:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Someone's not.

https://twitter.com/Thebeast_ufc/status/763932292163121152

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Well, I have to agree with him, Derrick Lewis should also get to fight Travis Browne that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

he should of said "ufc matchmaking givin me the shits" with another photo of him on the dunny

• Locked thread