Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Outside of CoD TF2 has some of the most obnoxious gun models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i play quake with gun models because it feels better watching the gun fire

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i play quake with gun models because it feels better watching the gun fire

Agreed. QL had a gunmode 3 that was the most badass. Ghost gun ftw... best of both worlds.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

every game should have ghost guns..in cod they take up 40% of the screen its so ridiculous

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TFW i purposefully made TF2 look like a 3DO game to get 120+FPS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Love doing this. I wish more console games had the toggle that let you make it 60fps and turn off some textures. it looks like Ni-Oh is doing this and some ps one games had that feature.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It looks awesome to do that in Quake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

r_picmip should be in every game, in this gamer's opinion.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Love doing this. I wish more console games had the toggle that let you make it 60fps and turn off some textures. it looks like Ni-Oh is doing this and some ps one games had that feature.

bloodborne needed this very badly lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

It looks awesome to do that in Quake.

I seen some footage of pro quake players and theyre looking at a game of nothing but lines and cubes, its completely insane.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

r_picmip should be in every game, in this gamer's opinion.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I seen some footage of pro quake players and theyre looking at a game of nothing but lines and cubes, its completely insane.

this is just a google image search but my game looks almost exactly the same

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Some people also turn off (or on I can never remember) vertex lighting so there's absolutely no perception of depth as well. It looks really cool though IMO.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

this is just a google image search but my game looks almost exactly the same

The only sad thing is you can't see the sweet stained glass texture in that room.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have better internet now than the last time i streamed so i should go get owned online in ql sometime

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol ive never seen that before in my life

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have better internet now than the last time i streamed so i should go get owned online in ql sometime

i imagine ql at this point its just 2 godtier russians dueling forever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i spent 2 years unemployed playing quake for 16 hours every day which allowed me to become a low level div 1 player that makes people comment that my name looks familiar but they cant pick it whenever i join a match now and i never knew that texture existed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think its still pretty casual friendly because it was free for a long time (maybe still is? idk)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol ive never seen that before in my life

I never seen it until zoot turned the textures back on on his stream.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But I also only played quake off and on since 2012 so my story isn't as epic as yours. Sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i imagine ql at this point its just 2 godtier russians dueling forever

Well they only play duel in europe now but in NA you can play instagib or clan arena. :witch: But the kind of cool thing is that almost 100% of the people who still play quake in the US go to QuakeCon every year and get like headbands of their clan tag. lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I think its still pretty casual friendly because it was free for a long time (maybe still is? idk)

i played ql when it was free and the game could almost never scrape together enough players for a match, it sometimes kind of worked on weekends lol and this was like 4ish years ago?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

australia is like 20 people constantly playing clan arena and a single duel server filled with people that never stopped playing after i quit

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Well they only play duel in europe now but in NA you can play instagib or clan arena. :witch: But the kind of cool thing is that almost 100% of the people who still play quake in the US go to QuakeCon every year and get like headbands of their clan tag. lol

i truly and honestly hope to god the new quake is actualyl good and not pure unmitigated aids

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i truly and honestly hope to god the new quake is actualyl good and not pure unmitigated aids

My friend told me the Heroes have Abilities.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't remember if in my current config I have just smooth flat textures or the texture filtering turned off so that it's big checkerboards all over the place.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was Quake 4 bad. I never see anybody talk about it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

it was bad and slow and by the time they patched it to be in line with other quake games the community was totally dead

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

It was in between Quake 3 and Quake Live so it just existed at an unfortunate time, plus I think it took a long time for the multiplayer to be patched enough to be taken seriously. The single player is alright and the multiplayer was about as good as you could hope a sequel to Quake 3's MP could have been so it wasn't bad, just mistimed I guess.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i love sliding in quake 4

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I posted a cool Q4 video in Lowtax's thread about whatever sarcastic gamer culture joke he was making but I forgot which thread that was.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzDksm-GnFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRZszw14Im4

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

My friend told me the Heroes have Abilities.

i just want dueling to remain pure. they can make their aids esports team gamemode all they want

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I posted a cool Q4 video in Lowtax's thread about whatever sarcastic gamer culture joke he was making but I forgot which thread that was.

we hijacked a thread because i was respecting fatal1tys gaming legacy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

i just want dueling to remain pure. they can make their aids esports team gamemode all they want

The reboot of dm6 looks badass. Well the only part of it I saw was the guy looking down the jump pad in pillars so I don't really know what it looks like but that part looked badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

• Locked thread