Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Yaya posted:

World Warriors send:

70th overall
2013 Addison Reed

Aperture Scientists send:

1989 Mark McGwire

seems dingerrific enough for your needs and i like picks and pucks accept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
after deliberating im going to draft 97 Robb Nen

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Forzelt and Monicro! I am very interested in acquiring your upcoming picks. Please trade with me.

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Forzelt and Monicro! I am very interested in acquiring your upcoming picks. Please trade with me.

What are you offering in terms of SP or RP?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I would also be interested in another pick somewhere soon. Heres basically what I might be able to offer depending on what is still on the board:

1936 Wally Berger
2011 David Ortiz
2003 Jason Giambi
2004 Ken Griffey Jr.
My super draft pick

Pash fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 11, 2016

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

crap that I woild be willing to include in a package for a pick, depending on the board

1902 Red Donahue
1925 Urban Shocker
1908 George Winter
1962 Orlando Cepeda
1962 Willie McCovey
1977 Dave LaRoche
My third round Super Draft Pick

Your pick of a bunch of Weird Lottery Tickets or things that may not utterly suck
2010 Denard Span
2001 Rickey Henderson
2010 Orlando "O Dog" Hudson
1977 Andre Thornton
Other crap you can find on my feeders

shepard.shouldgo fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 11, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Forzelt posted:

What are you offering in terms of SP or RP?

I can offer you 1918 Dutch Leonard and '67 Tom Seaver and '84 Bert Blyleven, '67 Jerry Koosman and '67 Phil Niekro.

I don't have much of any RP Depth, so I can't really part with any of them unfortunately.

I also have a bunch of other stuff avaliable like Rookie Ron Santo, Harmon Killebrew, Gary Sheffield, among others!

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 11, 2016

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I can offer you 1918 Dutch Leonard and '67 Tom Seaver and '84 Bert Blyleven, '67 Jerry Koosman and '67 Phil Niekro.

I don't have much of any RP Depth, so I can't really part with any of them unfortunately.

I also have a bunch of other stuff avaliable like Rookie Ron Santo, Harmon Killebrew, Gary Sheffield, among others!

Tom Seaver would work

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Forzelt posted:

Tom Seaver would work

Donzo, Tom Seaver for the pick.

e: I Pick A-Rod, '09.

Monicro is on the clock and I still want the pick!

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 11, 2016

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Paul Zuvella posted:

This is what I really need at the moment sadly, and as a result I'll be taking '97 Rheal Cormier, sorry!

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

ForeverBWFC is now on the clock

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
Getting late here, so I'll pick in a few hours if no one makes me a better offer! (RP is a priority atm).

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

ForeverBWFC posted:

Getting late here, so I'll pick in a few hours if no one makes me a better offer! (RP is a priority atm).

2003 Brad Lidge.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I'm morbidly fascinated with the prospect of Lidge in the Coliseum.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

ForeverBWFC posted:

2016 Travis Wood and Justin Grimm?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

ForeverBWFC posted:

1967 Clay Carroll, 1987 Bob Tewksbury, and 1967 Ramon Hernandez! None of them are very good but lottery tickets!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Tewksbury might actually be good.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Pash posted:

1967 Clay Carroll, 1987 Bob Tewksbury, and 1967 Ramon Hernandez! None of them are very good but lottery tickets!

Accepted

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Awesome!

The Commission selects Gary Sheffield '95. CVE is on the clock.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I suppose I am now done. The (Not really) new look Beer Leaguers are ready!

Stadium Dimensions: 290-335-410-370-333
Stadium Name: Billerica High School Baseball Field

Feeders: 1921 Cubs
1960 Cubs
1998 marlins
1967 Braves
1999 Indians
2014 phillies
1967 Mets

Strategy: Hit and Run: -4
Sacrifice Bunt: -4
Squeeze Play: -3
Trying for extra bases: 0
Stealing Bases: 0
Aggressively Tagging Up: 1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): 1
Giving Intentional Walks: 1
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 1
Bringing the Infield In: 1
Guarding the Lines: 1
Making Cutoff Throws: 1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 3
Bringing in Pinch Runners: 0
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: 2
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: 3
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: 2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: 2

Roster

1998 Mike Piazza
1967 Joe Torre
1970 Dick Allen
1999 Jim Thome
1999 Roberto Alomar
1952 Johnny Pesky
1960 Ernie Banks
2009 Alex Rodriguez
1985 Wade Boggs
1999 Manny Ramirez
1967 Hank Aaron
1993 Tim Raines
1956 Willie Mays
1960 Richie Ashburn
1921 Pete Alexander
1965 Juan Marichal
1926 Pete Alexander
2002 Greg Maddux
1984 Bert Blyleven
1922 Pete Alexander
2014 Jonathan Pabelbon
2014 Ken Giles
1975 Sparky Lyle
1996 Robb Nen
1999 Michael Jackson

Minors
1921 Bob O'Ferrell
1959 Harmon Killebrew
2014 Jimmy Rollins
1960 Ron Santo
1998 Gary Sheffield
1918 Dutch Leonard
1967 Ken Johnson
1987 Doug Jones

Rotation
1921 Pete Alexander
1922 Pete Alexander
1926 Pete Alexander
1965 Juan Marichal
2002 Greg maddux

Bullpen
CL Pappelbon
SU Giles
SR Nen
SR Lyle
MR Jackson
LR Blyleven

Vs. LHP
3B Boggs*
RF Aaron
LF Ramirez
CF Mays
SS Banks
1B Allen
C Torre (Piazza)
2B Alomar#
P -pitcher-

Vs. LHP w/ DH
3B Boggs*
RF Aaron
LF Ramirez
CF Mays
SS Banks
DH Allen
1B Killebrew
C Torre (Piazza)
2B Alomar#

Vs. RHP
3B Boggs*
LF Raines#
RF Aaron
1B Allen
CF Mays
SS Banks
C Torre (Piazza)
2B Alomar#
P -pitcher-

Vs. RHP w/DH
3B Boggs*
LF Raines#
RF Aaron
1B Allen
DH Thome
CF Mays
SS Banks
C Torre (Piaza)
2B Alomar#

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
I've got my eyes on one more player, and as long as that guy is on the board, I'd like to acquire a pick. My biggest strength is in modern relief pitching, but if there's something I can do, let me know!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pash posted:

Awesome!

The Commission selects Gary Sheffield '95. CVE is on the clock.

Ah gently caress, I was hoping to get that Gary back.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Hey, I still have guys like a Shoeless Joe Jackson and Paul Waner and a whole lot of other players for trading, and am still looking for infielders that steal well and don't hit for power, shortstops in particular. Anybody got a Hughie Jennings laying around that isn't ancient by any chance?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

TheMcD posted:

Anybody got a Hughie Jennings laying around that isn't ancient by any chance?

Presumably so you can point and laugh at them?

Or perhaps you're building a massive class-action case in re: The Injustice of Mogul to Certain Elite Premodern Players?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

TheMcD posted:

Hey, I still have guys like a Shoeless Joe Jackson and Paul Waner and a whole lot of other players for trading, and am still looking for infielders that steal well and don't hit for power, shortstops in particular. Anybody got a Hughie Jennings laying around that isn't ancient by any chance?

I've got Cupid Childs, but you can't afford him.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

TheMcD posted:

You're in luck! I've got this 1907 Wid Conroy that I've been saving for a special occasion.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

The Merry Marauder posted:

Presumably so you can point and laugh at them?

Or perhaps you're building a massive class-action case in re: The Injustice of Mogul to Certain Elite Premodern Players?

You should know that, under Super-League law, the process for certifying a class involves the Macho Men rampaging through the league until the entire putative class is destroyed.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

DannoMack posted:

You're in luck! I've got this 1907 Wid Conroy that I've been saving for a special occasion.

OK, I'm actively trying to kill my team by experimentation, but I'm not that suicidal.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

I taught I taw a putative class

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

hey mcd are you still collecting curt schillings

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

HulkaMatt posted:

hey mcd are you still collecting curt schillings

No, I gave up because another one entered the picture with this EC. I just have a bunch of them now.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

is it true if all the schillings are collected they will combine to create the ultimate schilling

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

HulkaMatt posted:

is it true if all the schillings are collected they will combine to create the ultimate schilling

At one point in time, I owned every single Curt Schilling in the league, and nothing happened. I presume that they all are so revoltingly awful that attempting to combine them would just erase the universe or something.

EDIT: Basically, the clone degeneration of last season was what happens when the Schillings all combine. Everything goes to hell. I tampered in God's domain.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 12, 2016

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

TheMcD posted:

At one point in time, I owned every single Curt Schilling in the league, and nothing happened. I presume that they all are so revoltingly awful that attempting to combine them would just erase the universe or something.

We'll never know if you don't become the Guinea pig for the league.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

TheMcD posted:

OK, I'm actively trying to kill my team by experimentation, but I'm not that suicidal.

His wikipedia says "Wid consistently ranked in the top ten in most offensive categories as well as in stolen bases"! He must be good!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I believe, and C. Biggio would tend to agree, that the bias is against players who love to get hit by the pitch.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Heartbreaking.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

We'll never know if you don't become the Guinea pig for the league.

I'm imagining a revolting blob on the pitchers mound with 10 curt schilling faces

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm imagining a revolting blob on the pitchers mound with 10 curt schilling faces

I'm imagining a Frankensteinian amalgam with the pitching skill of one Curt Schilling, but the political opinions of ten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Not much hope for Brandon Guyer, either.