Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Anyone get Severed on iOS? Is it better than the Vita version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
I tried Marvin but it won't read some types of files, I had an android app called moon reader that would read almost anything, is there an IOS equivelent?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Goodreader probably

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
There used to be an app called Tracky that you could feed tracking numbers into and it would track them all in one app. Is there an app for this nowadays? Tracky just disappeared off the internet one day and that was that.

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

Javid posted:

There used to be an app called Tracky that you could feed tracking numbers into and it would track them all in one app. Is there an app for this nowadays? Tracky just disappeared off the internet one day and that was that.

Parcel and Deliveries are both excellent. I use Parcel myself.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Parcel seems to do exactly what I'm after, thanks.

Can anyone suggest a keyboard app that is just the default keyboard with a number row above it? All the keyboards that come up in the app store seem mainly focused around emojis or gifs or whatever bullshit other than text that people apparently think a keyboard is for.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I'm looking for a to do list app, but with group support. Basically, I just took over a management position in a retail store, and task management is getting too tetris for my liking. So what I want is a way to generate a list of tasks, some are every day, some every week, some once a month on certain times. To make things difficult, sometimes my district manager will schedule a random meeting and it fucks my short term planning up. So what I want is a to do list that has the ability for my boss to put in tasks manually, and have it pop up in my app. Bonus points if they can flag tasks for priority. iPad/notification center/watch/ect support would be cool, but not a deal breaker. Don't mind paying a reasonable amount for the right app. Can anyone recommend something for me?

While I'm at it, is there a good sales tracker app? Something I can calculate goal projections for profit/boxes sold/ect. I'd especially appreciate something that let me track sales rep performance. Anyone use anything like this?

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

gypsyshred posted:

I'm looking for a to do list app, but with group support. Basically, I just took over a management position in a retail store, and task management is getting too tetris for my liking. So what I want is a way to generate a list of tasks, some are every day, some every week, some once a month on certain times. To make things difficult, sometimes my district manager will schedule a random meeting and it fucks my short term planning up. So what I want is a to do list that has the ability for my boss to put in tasks manually, and have it pop up in my app. Bonus points if they can flag tasks for priority. iPad/notification center/watch/ect support would be cool, but not a deal breaker. Don't mind paying a reasonable amount for the right app. Can anyone recommend something for me?

While I'm at it, is there a good sales tracker app? Something I can calculate goal projections for profit/boxes sold/ect. I'd especially appreciate something that let me track sales rep performance. Anyone use anything like this?

Trello for the first to-do list app maybe?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Trello for the first to-do list app maybe?

Trello looks good but I'm looking for something more calendar based.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Basecamp for team task management

vtlock
Feb 7, 2003

gypsyshred posted:

I'm looking for a to do list app, but with group support.

You might also want to look at Asana: https://asana.com

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
What's the best app to remote into my Windows PC on my LAN to do simple things like turn it off, lock it, etc.?

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Cromlech posted:

What's the best app to remote into my Windows PC on my LAN to do simple things like turn it off, lock it, etc.?

I've been using Splashtop for ages, but Google has a sweet free app out now.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

porktree posted:

I've been using Splashtop for ages, but Google has a sweet free app out now.

I just picked up splashtop with the 9.7 pro and the only resolution options I have available are 1024x768 or native PC resolution, both of which don't look great on the ipad. Do you know if there is a way to use the full resolution of the ipad with splashtop? I wasn't able to find many others with the same issue.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Cromlech posted:

Chrome Remote Desktop works like a charm.

Violator
May 15, 2003

When I install the Facebook Pages Manager app, it won't send push notifications. At first launch, it asks me to enable notifications and when I tap OK it takes me to the app's settings. But there is no notifications toggle when there should be. If I back out and go to iOS's notifications settings, the Pages app isn't listed in the app list even though it should be. I can't get push notifications from he Pages app on my iPhone and that really sucks when I'm missing client inquiries.

I've tried reinstalling the Pages app, reinstalling the Facebook app, rebooting, checking Facebook settings, etc. over and over and in different orders and can't get anything to work. When I install the Pages app on my iPad and my friend's phone to test, the app does appear in the notifications settings and the app settings does include a notifications option on both of those devices. I'm not sure what the heck went wrong on my phone but something is wonky.

Facebook support is a dumpster fire and I'm not sure where to ask this. Any suggestions?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

gypsyshred posted:

Trello looks good but I'm looking for something more calendar based.
This may be a dumb question, but why not just use Calendar and create a new calendar and share it?

It won't do priority tasks as far as I know, but you can set "sharees" to either view only or view and edit.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Outlook does absolutely all that poo poo for me, I set it up on my computer and it works through my mail app and calendar. Meeting invites, incidental reminders, etc. Runs itself now.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

This may be a dumb question, but why not just use Calendar and create a new calendar and share it?

It won't do priority tasks as far as I know, but you can set "sharees" to either view only or view and edit.

I want to do some internal file sharing and task assignment. Basecamp3 rules and is working out great, just wish they had sales tracking.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
As I got flooded this weekend, I need to submit pictures for insurance. Is there a good camera app that gives time and date stamps on the pictures?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Irritated Goat posted:

As I got flooded this weekend, I need to submit pictures for insurance. Is there a good camera app that gives time and date stamps on the pictures?

Doesn't the stock camera app already embed that (along with GPS coordinates) in the EXIF data?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

flosofl posted:

Doesn't the stock camera app already embed that (along with GPS coordinates) in the EXIF data?

Is EXIF data enough for insurance purposes? I assumed not.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
EXIF data isn't any harder or easier to fake than a visible timestamp.

edit: Though most likely the person asking for the photos can't handle anything more complicated than a timestamp on the image itself.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

dominoeffect posted:

I just picked up splashtop with the 9.7 pro and the only resolution options I have available are 1024x768 or native PC resolution, both of which don't look great on the ipad. Do you know if there is a way to use the full resolution of the ipad with splashtop? I wasn't able to find many others with the same issue.
Not that I know of - I only have 800x600, 1024x768 and native.

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

Irritated Goat posted:

Is EXIF data enough for insurance purposes? I assumed not.

ProCam can do time stamps pretty easy
https://appsto.re/us/zLCJR.i

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Are their any apps that can push custom reminders based on localised weather?

IE if it's raining, tell me to bring in clothes etc...?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That seems like something IFTTT should be able to do.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

That seems like something IFTTT should be able to do.

It does.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ah thanks I didn't even think to try IFTTT!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Are their any apps that can push custom reminders based on localised weather?

IE if it's raining, tell me to bring in clothes etc...?

Just a reminder, you should probably wear clothes today regardless of weather...

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

tuyop posted:

Just a reminder, you should probably wear clothes today regardless of weather...

But it's raining men...

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Dark Sky has a bunch of custom notification settings. I have it push a full day summary every morning at 7am, then send me a notice whenever precip is starting. It updates location in the background automatically and doesn't seem to murder my battery doing so.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

eddiewalker posted:

Dark Sky has a bunch of custom notification settings. I have it push a full day summary every morning at 7am, then send me a notice whenever precip is starting. It updates location in the background automatically and doesn't seem to murder my battery doing so.

Still want this to be released in Canada 😭🔫

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

What's the best note app that lets me mark it up with drawn arrows and handmade highlighting etc?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LODGE NORTH posted:

What's the best note app that lets me mark it up with drawn arrows and handmade highlighting etc?

Notability

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

LODGE NORTH posted:

OneNote

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I'm having GPS issues. Are there any good apps that'll let me check the details like how many satellites I've locked on to?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Best drawing app? Procreate?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Violator posted:

When I install the Facebook Pages Manager app, it won't send push notifications. At first launch, it asks me to enable notifications and when I tap OK it takes me to the app's settings. But there is no notifications toggle when there should be. If I back out and go to iOS's notifications settings, the Pages app isn't listed in the app list even though it should be. I can't get push notifications from he Pages app on my iPhone and that really sucks when I'm missing client inquiries.

I've tried reinstalling the Pages app, reinstalling the Facebook app, rebooting, checking Facebook settings, etc. over and over and in different orders and can't get anything to work. When I install the Pages app on my iPad and my friend's phone to test, the app does appear in the notifications settings and the app settings does include a notifications option on both of those devices. I'm not sure what the heck went wrong on my phone but something is wonky.

Facebook support is a dumpster fire and I'm not sure where to ask this. Any suggestions?

After like a year of this being broken, on the next app update a few days after I posted this it was resolved. In the unlikely chance it wasn't just a coincidence, a big thank you to the potential Facebook goon who saw this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I know a fancy to do list was requested earlier this page, but what about something free for a normal person