Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
debt collectors hire the stupidest pieces of trash to work their phones, no surprise there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mike-o posted:

debt collectors hire the stupidest pieces of trash to work their phones, no surprise there.

I got debt collection calls for a woman at least 3 times a week in college. That dorm room had been for men only for over 15 years. Good job.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The worst is if you buy a domain. I bought one for a side business I'm starting up and I didn't do the private option and I was getting 5-6 dead air calls every day.

If you register a domain and don't want to pay the extra money to register it privately, put someone's phone number that you hate and there's almost nothing they can do about it because the numbers are different every single time.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I gave my future soldiers! deps like a 20min block of instruction on not buying an expensive car, not buying poo poo from aafes kiosks and swords and poo poo, just all that usual stupid poo poo privates do. I had some come back and be like WHOA SGT HCT YOU'RE RIGHT PEOPLE ARE DUMB

one kid missed that training or didn't care and bought a truck at AIT (which I don't even understand how that was possible) at 27%. If any of you guys are Stryker Mechanics at Lewis..well sorry.

edit: sorry I was still thinking the repo thing because I'm sure it got yanked

edit2: I have no proof but I almost am willing to bet a drill helped him out and got a cut like a lot of those scammy places do, and it fits in with the Traditions & Standards of the backbone of the Army, the Non Commissioned Officer

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 12, 2016

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How is 27% even legal Jesus Christ. At that point laws should be in place to protect people from themselves.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
E-1 and above!

army base.gif

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
An even more prestigious duty than Birthday Officer!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Naked Bear posted:

An even more prestigious duty than Birthday Officer!

it sure is good to be a civilian where your boss can't put a piece of paper on the bulletin board calling you the company bitch

get hosed armyailures

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

MurderBot posted:

Big titties

Big asses

Fat blunts

BBQ

All we need in life. QTIYD

Signed.

Hey guys. So I just gave up my pretty nice 2 story house with big backyard in a nice neighborhood. Well about to sell anyways. It grew about 20k in value in about a year so we could have stayed and done pretty good.

Tomorrow we hit San Diego, and pretty much no one but my dad knows about it cept you guys. I got accepted into University of San Diego which is a legit awesome fuckin school (like on a beach dudes!) and they even transferred 24 of my credits from my old school Thomas Edison State University. Which I am currently lucky again because in the middle of moving, selling my house, getting medboarded, being a dad, soldier, etc. I still was a student. I tried to take two classes at the same time to graduate TESU with an AA in Gen Studies. It had started out as 4 classes but after a month it was just two. I Aced one class, failed the other but just got an extension so I can graduate.

We are already much happier as a family, fighting and screaming as we have been thanks to stress and poo poo with aforementioned, than we ever have the 5 years we've known each other.

poo poo is good mang

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Merton Blask posted:

Thankfully, my unit generally adheres to this as well, but I've never met anyone who's seen this rule of thumb in writing. What's the reg?

GIP anyone know this regulation? I'm scratching my head here. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

it sure is good to be a civilian where your boss can't put a piece of paper on the bulletin board calling you the company bitch

Just wait.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I really hope cream OIC is a joke.

Though I did once see a public posting of how much advance time the Bde S3 wanted to review documents based on who wrote them and their competence level. Competent captain: 15 minutes before deadline. Incompetent LT: at least 4 days in advance to allow multiple rewrites.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

I really hope cream OIC is a joke.

Though I did once see a public posting of how much advance time the Bde S3 wanted to review documents based on who wrote them and their competence level. Competent captain: 15 minutes before deadline. Incompetent LT: at least 4 days in advance to allow multiple rewrites.

To be fair Ive seen a lot of counseling statements in my day that would probably take the person who wrote it four days to make it completely readable.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Soulex posted:

Signed.

Hey guys. So I just gave up my pretty nice 2 story house with big backyard in a nice neighborhood. Well about to sell anyways. It grew about 20k in value in about a year so we could have stayed and done pretty good.

Tomorrow we hit San Diego, and pretty much no one but my dad knows about it cept you guys. I got accepted into University of San Diego which is a legit awesome fuckin school (like on a beach dudes!) and they even transferred 24 of my credits from my old school Thomas Edison State University. Which I am currently lucky again because in the middle of moving, selling my house, getting medboarded, being a dad, soldier, etc. I still was a student. I tried to take two classes at the same time to graduate TESU with an AA in Gen Studies. It had started out as 4 classes but after a month it was just two. I Aced one class, failed the other but just got an extension so I can graduate.

We are already much happier as a family, fighting and screaming as we have been thanks to stress and poo poo with aforementioned, than we ever have the 5 years we've known each other.

poo poo is good mang

Congrats, bro. My wife and I just swapped an awesome 4 bedroom house on half an acre in Ann Arbor for a 900 sqft apartment in Denver. Moving was a 5 day nightmare in slow motion, but our house sold in 3 days and Denver is badass. No ragrets, best of luck in your new city!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

To be fair Ive seen a lot of counseling statements in my day that would probably take the person who wrote it four days to make it completely readable.

Had one of my E4s make 5 and I was like GREAT, less consoling statements, we can split the workload it will be great.

Fucker wrote his first consoling statment in text style writing.

"U were late 4 formation"

A good NCO might have bothered teaching him or whatever but I think I just said gently caress it and kept writing them on my own. Last I heard he got busted down to 4 again, not even a year after pinning 5 so gently caress him.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

TBeats posted:

I got one of these some time ago, and ended up taking a red pen to it. It was a good exercise, but the SFC at the time didn't really appreciate it and wanted to smoke me for 'scribbling' on his perfect, precious counseling statement.

I've seen people put the text into word and then 'track changes' as another passive-aggressive middle finger, too. People lose their poo poo over it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

J.A.B.C. posted:

I got one of these some time ago, and ended up taking a red pen to it. It was a good exercise, but the SFC at the time didn't really appreciate it and wanted to smoke me for 'scribbling' on his perfect, precious counseling statement.

I've seen people put the text into word and then 'track changes' as another passive-aggressive middle finger, too. People lose their poo poo over it.

I used to fix the grammar in my counseling statements. It probably works a lot better if you outrank the people you're correcting, because I only ever got yelled at and smoked for being a smartass

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proofreading and editing 25 sworn statements after a TIC to make them intelligible was a good time.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
A guy tried to get out of an apft failure by checking "disagree" and writing "I was making a conscious effort to do my sit-ups properly, so the reps should count" after being cut for throwing his hands way forward on every rep past number 25 or so.

He seemed legit surprised that it didn't work and he had to retake it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

A guy tried to get out of an apft failure by checking "disagree" and writing "I was making a conscious effort to do my sit-ups properly, so the reps should count" after being cut for throwing his hands way forward on every rep past number 25 or so.

He seemed legit surprised that it didn't work and he had to retake it.

I got counseled on an APFT I failed because I was on profile. I think it blew the minds of my leadership when I checked disagree

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Justin Tyme posted:

get hosed armyailures

I'm guessing (hoping) this is a joke, my old CO had a memo written up prohibiting anyone in the company or in the company area from saying hooah, he was a good co.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

I'm guessing (hoping) this is a joke, my old CO had a memo written up prohibiting anyone in the company or in the company area from saying hooah, he was a good co.

Probably is. We did a fake memo with news story about the Army getting rid of the term "battle buddy" and replacing it with "warrior companion".

We thought it was funny.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

spacetoaster posted:

Probably is. We did a fake memo with news story about the Army getting rid of the term "battle buddy" and replacing it with "warrior companion".

We thought it was funny.

Hell, just jump straight to Comfort Buddies.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Nothing like going up and down the barracks in Korea trying to find someone who also wants to go to wherever because you're not allowed to leave post alone.

Battle buddy more like I can barely tolerate you but I want to go to the PX buddy.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The only time I heard hooah used an acceptable manner is an old CO of mine used to say it like Al Pacino out of Scent of a Woman in contexts making it very, very sarcastic.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hooah is my go to "go gently caress yourself" response without telling them to gently caress themselves.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I can't remember the last time I used hooah. Maybe LDAC in ROTC?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
i like to slur it and sound really empty and disappointed because it accurately reflects my mood when im in uniform

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I like not having said it in almost a year and never using it again

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This is the first time I've seen this and lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

MurderBot posted:

This is the first time I've seen this and lol

Good Halloween costume idea imo

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Okay now everyone take out their dog tags and pretend we don't use DNA matching anyway when you get vaporized.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Saying hooah is actually a cry for help imo

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress I lost my dog tags like two years ago. Even the novelty ones with "jedi" or some poo poo on them.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I still have the ones I got when I got to my first unit. They say my religion is Pirate.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
i still have and still keep my originals in my pocket, pretty much every day

i like to think of them as reminders, like the chains tattoo from bioshock yet somehow more gay

edit: mine say no pref because the stamper refused to put atheist lmao

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Vasudus posted:

edit: mine say no pref because the stamper refused to put atheist lmao

same

eventually I got one to put NONE though. IDK why any one cared, but I know at least once I got told no to Atheist and it made it no pref or Christian No Denom or someshit. That might have been at basic actually.

Anyhow we had a dog tag machine in our recruiting office and let me tell what I typed whatever the gently caress I wanted on them :smug:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
my main client is getting a new major next month

prior enlisted medic, did some sort of officer medical corps program, became a trauma nurse, 17 years total TIS

currently in korea

never worked in the national capital region

never worked with contractors

this is going to be loving hilarious because they're in my chain so i can gently caress with them

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Can you make me a set that says one the following:

Weed God

Pussy Slayer

Cock mage

rear end in a top hat Lucifer hail Satan gently caress boner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde