Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Pyukumuku reminds me of these dudes from Monster Rancher.

I'm going to catch one and call it Oakleyman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Gotta be uncomfortable wearing black clothing and bandanas and hats and stuff in Hawaii

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I think there's something wrong with your geodude :ohdear:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

gently caress, i'm getting flashbacks.
I miss MR.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

The White Dragon posted:

i hope cheren gets a cameo where he's stacking rocks on mt sun and then a huge moke comes up to him and bitches him out

i hope the battle restaurant of this game is a tiny building in the middle of nowhere that tourists line up for hours for just for shave ice

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Really stupid question, but I just wanna make sure: a Pokemon's level-up moves depend on the game it's currently in, not the one it's originally from, right?

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Don't we all, friend. Don't we all. :smith:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dunban posted:

Really stupid question, but I just wanna make sure: a Pokemon's level-up moves depend on the game it's currently in, not the one it's originally from, right?

Yes. It keeps whatever moves it has when transferred, but anything later than that is subject to its current game.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Looking at the Uranium Wiki, they don't even seem to understand the core of Pokemon.

Like, the three-stage starters missing was bad enough (although part of me things the Mega Evolutions were final forms that got swapped for...whatever stupid reason), but one of the options is a Steel-type to start? Doesn't that kind of...imbalance everything in your favor to have a flat-out resistance from the start of the game to most early game attacks?

Not only that, but their move sets seem to follow the pattern of "Basic attack of type A, basic attack of type B, mid-range attack of type A, mid-range attack of type B, gimmick attack of type A, gimmick attack of type B..."

Maybe not as strict as AB AB AB, but it's still pretty obvious they just went down a list of attacks sorted by power and slapped them in.

And, oh man, the super edgy demon Pseudos :allears: It's like everything you could ever want to make fun of in a fan game.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013

FishBulb posted:

There is nothing, not a single Pokemon that isn't up on GTS for genesect or melloetta

Sure I'll trade you a a genesect for a jumpluff. That's a good idea.

I kind of want to clone 100 0 IV Genesects now

Zodack posted:

I was working towards some trade Pokes for my living dex like Golem and Gengar and every Graveller and Haunter on the GTS are also up for Genesect and Meloetta with the text "SHINY" and "PLEASE" and it makes me want to vomit

The secret to the GTS is that every reasonable trade offer is already taken as soon as they come up, leaving only the garbage requests. If you deposit your own mon for a reasonable request, it'll probably be picked up fairly quickly.

Alternatively, there's the trading thread.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I think the real wonder is just people begging for shinies or mythicals for actual garbage. I shouldn't be surprised - and I'm not to a large degree because these people are in every game - but it's exhausting just to see them exist.

I've done a few good trades on the GTS. Got a Golem last night, for instance.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Also not sure if it's been discussed but isn't Innards Out actually a pretty drat strong ability? Like it's something you switch into a statted up/choiced sweeper and either force them to trade or their sweeper could get taken out from Innards Out recoil.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Also not sure if it's been discussed but isn't Innards Out actually a pretty drat strong ability? Like it's something you switch into a statted up/choiced sweeper and either force them to trade or their sweeper could get taken out from Innards Out recoil.

This is why I love this butt faced pokemon.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

It has pain split, it's purpose designed to take out statted up sweepers.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I hope there's a giant cave where they're as common as Zubats and some Team Skull dude steals all your repels so you have to fight them.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Zuzie posted:

Why are fan-made Pokémon games so terrible? They seem to prefer things to be "edgy" while ignoring the elements that make the games appealing in the first place?

People seem to get what made the Earthbound games appealing (hence why we have games inspired by that series like Undertale and Lisa). But people can't do the same for Pokémon.

I played the pokemon sage demo since I loved the pokemon designs, only for it to have a far worse level curve than any of the real games. A team of level 10 pokemon that all have resistances to your pokemon, before you get access to items, and the wild pokemon are all level 2-3? Ugh, no thanks.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zuzie posted:

Why are fan-made Pokémon games so terrible? They seem to prefer things to be "edgy" while ignoring the elements that make the games appealing in the first place?

People seem to get what made the Earthbound games appealing (hence why we have games inspired by that series like Undertale and Lisa). But people can't do the same for Pokémon.

It's like nobody plays SMT, we already have a demonic pokemon series

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm just going to leave this right here

http://christopher-stoll.deviantart.com/gallery/59836297/PokeNatomy

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I loving love these kinds of things. The descriptions are really cool, too.

Also these new Alola forms are awesome. I am ridiculously hyped for Alolan Persian since Persian was one of my Gen 1 favorites but has been borderline unplayable competitively since the crit hax nerf, and even pretty garbage ingame. Also Alolan Meowth is clearly inspired by the Russian Blue cat breed :3: unless it gets a good alternate typing and better stats I can't see it playing as anything but a poor man's Weavile, but we'll see. Atleast GF remembered it exists. Hopefully.

(If it's Meowth only or it evolves into a new Pokemon I will set my 3DS on fire)

Can't wait to see Dragonite, if they go there like the .jp site may hint at. If so, here's hoping it continues Dragonair's design themes closer. A sleek blue serpentine water creature evolving into Pete's Dragon never made any sense to me.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Dammit, I got a little excited when I received cosplay pikachu in Alpha Sapphire. A chance to breed a pichu, I thought! No. Cosplay pikachu belongs to some undefined egg group. :saddowns:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I wonder what they're gonna do with Cosplay Pikachu anyway? It seems like something they might keep around like Rotom forms but I could also see them just folding the moves into the standard Pikachu moveset, especially since Alola Raichu relies on Electric Terrain.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

That came up on Imgur last week and people were mostly deeply concerned about his decision to draw Pikachu's nutsack.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kurieg posted:

That came up on Imgur last week and people were mostly deeply concerned about his decision to draw Pikachu's nutsack.

Where else is he going to store his nuts?

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Gotta be uncomfortable wearing black clothing and bandanas and hats and stuff in Hawaii

was a goth kid, can confirm

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nerdbot posted:

I wonder what they're gonna do with Cosplay Pikachu anyway? It seems like something they might keep around like Rotom forms but I could also see them just folding the moves into the standard Pikachu moveset, especially since Alola Raichu relies on Electric Terrain.

it will remain locked in its home game like spiky-eared pichu

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Would you still be able to trade with X/Y when Sun/Moon comes out? I want to give away my pokemon to people with pokebank so at least my perfect IV mons can be in better hands.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

When sun and moon release all of your pokemon in the gen 6 games will be deleted. Say your goodbyes now while you still have the time

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

if nintendo came and took my pokemon i would know they did the right thing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
whats with all these sass... Someone's not getting my huge power Diggersby

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I hope you can move Pokemon from SuMo back to XY if they originated from earlier games. I think one of the credible leaks even said no transferred Pokemon would be learning any gen7 moves so this may be the case

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no credible leak said that

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

here are my pokemon take them, please be good to them

*watches as they all turn into missingno*

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

suns out innards out

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

innards out for harambe

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Sorry, had to get those out of my system they were driving me mad.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The new doubles meta is Pyukumuku and Role Play Wigglytuff.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

McDragon posted:

innards out for harambe

good

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

oddium posted:

no credible leak said that

It's from the "split evos" leak, which is admittedly the least credible of all the four big leaks. It will be validated with next month's coro coro's unveiling of rockruff's evolution

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Can pyukumuku learn self destruct? How would that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

dog kisser posted:

Can pyukumuku learn self destruct? How would that work?

We don't know their movelists or the specific mechanics of Innards Out.

• Locked thread