Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

god is good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
An RPG musical is something I could totally get behind. Just, you know, not after they've been working on it for half a decade.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you're looking for the tokyo mirage sessions thread, friend

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That Cidney car skin is hilariously awful. I totally want it. Is there anyway to do the Carbuncle surprise stuff without having to pre-order from the online store? Can you pre-order, do the surprise until you get the DLC code, and then cancel your pre-order?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The Cindy skin is the loser price, so you shouldn't have much trouble getting it

Anyway just sign up here, no need to pre-order

https://carbunclesurprise.finalfantasyxv.com/rules/amoe

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh sweet, thanks.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Terper posted:

The Cindy skin is the loser price, so you shouldn't have much trouble getting it

Thanks, I could use a car :v:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yay I won an anime booby skin for my car!!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

yay I won an anime booby skin for my car!!

It's so amazingly garish that I know I'll use it.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
If they have a FFXV ps4 bundle I will buy it

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some German jerks were allowed to play for over 3 hours from the beginning of the game and really liked it, but we'll have to wait for Gamescom for any articles!!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"Nazi Gamers 'Appreciates' Japanese Video Game, How Will The West React?" -New York Times, circa 1944

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A bunch of new screens, showing off riding around on Chocobos buying Chocobo Whistles, camping, re-arranging your party members' Commands, and more.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
It's still weird to me that this game is actually coming out next month. I rarely buy new games any more and hardly use my ps4 for games these days, but I'm legit excited about this coming out. Might actually grab a midnight copy, last time I did that was... FFXII maybe?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Terper posted:

A bunch of new screens, showing off riding around on Chocobos buying Chocobo Whistles, camping, re-arranging your party members' Commands, and more.

God drat, those food pics. I'm hungry.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fan-translated UI images

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Terper posted:

Yay, I got a Cindy-mobile skin!

Can I use this with an EU version of the game?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

carbuncle surprise bitch!!!!!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

are 3 membership points even enough to get a discount on stickers?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Stand By Me isn't the only Florence + The Machine song in FFXV! They're all available on itunes right now if you don't wanna wait for the game.

Also, SE finally put out an official statement regarding the Season Pass and DLC details.

quote:

Unfortunately we can’t show you what any of the DLC looks like... The reason for this may surprise you (well, maybe...) The truth is that the DLC is not ready to show because while it has been designed, we will begin the development once the final game is in your hands.

The FFXV DLC is not content that has been cut from the main game just to sell to you later. This is really important because we want everyone who buys and plays the FFXV base game to know they are getting the full FFXV experience. The FFXV DLC will add new and unique experiences to the FFXV Universe with each piece of DLC designed to offer something brand new. So I’ll say it again because it’s important - the FFXV DLC is not content that has been cut from the main game!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm glad Tabata is a DLC hero.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLy8LD8P9uc

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I haven't seen like 70% of those monsters in any previous video and I love it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's weird to me to see new content DLC in a single player Final Fantasy game, but I am all for it if I end up enjoying this game.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

I said come in! posted:

It's weird to me to see new content DLC in a single player Final Fantasy game, but I am all for it if I end up enjoying this game.

By the names, I'm assuming they're side stories or epilogues about each of the main cast.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Technically that's been in a LOT of Square Enix games, they've just been "International Edition" or "Final Mix" so you have to buy the whole game again

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the florence songs, are good

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

I said come in! posted:

wait does this mean no skimpy costume dlc? after the XIII trilogy I thought that was their whole strategy

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can't wait to dress Prompto up as a slutty Stay Puff Marshmellow Man.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Woah

I wanna walk around this world staring at things

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

hard to believe this is all procedurally generated... takes my breath away, so impressed by the work of the folks at hello games!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Unless the giant dinosaurs have butterfly wings then what's even the point

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

looks like ima be farming Mesmerize horns again :sigh:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I especially dig the swimming snake thing, this game is so pretty

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Neogaf is saying this is gonna get delayed to Nov 29th. Not confirmed yet but it seems pretty likely.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving delays, guys. :negative:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Can't wait to kill everything in that video dozens if not hundreds of times.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

RatHat posted:

Neogaf is saying this is gonna get delayed to Nov 29th. Not confirmed yet but it seems pretty likely.

I mean the World of Wonder trailer that they put up not even a day ago still says September 30 so I'd say it actually seems pretty unlikely

Gaf gon gaf

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's mid-August, the game's probably in post-production by now. Game development isn't a case of working until the last minute and then hitting the publish button. Could they delay it, even if they wanted to? And what would they delay for at this stage of development anyway, two extra months of QA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
I'd say it would be pretty unlikely to get delayed now. It'll come out on the 30th and just have a huge early patch or be buggy as hell for a couple more months.

• Locked thread