Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pretty sure a gay guy hit on me in the gym today. He commented on my haircut and started talking about muscles. Maybe it was just gym dialogue, I don't know. He said I had nice triceps

Should I

A) gently caress the gay guy (no homo)

B) Work my biceps more so my triceps don't overshadow them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Yes

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i squatted 400+ in a gay gym in rome called hard candy and no less than 50 gay men did that to me ama

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So I'm on an exchange semester in Asia and it's looking real dire for the gains. I can't prep any food myself and I don't know how much it costs to import some proper Salami. Furthermore, the University gym absolutely sucks. It's crowded as hell, only twink weights and treadmills everywhere. All the offsite gyms are expensive as hell as well, how do I keep my gains from disappearing?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Freaking out when things aren't all put back in their proper place is a sign of autism.

Having to clean up someone elses poo poo before you can do your own thing and getting annoyed is a sign of you're sick of other people being assholes. It isn't uncommon... among non-assholes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

LordArgh posted:

i mean, i know for a fact that the UK is full of obese people and they can't by definition be healthy

Yeahhhhhhhhhh a lot of people seem to think "I can walk 10 paces and not collapse" as being peak health. The vast majority of people would be winded running up a set of 13 stairs. I am lolling at the sheer loving cheek of the women who reckon they're healthy on this pic.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Many of us are :grin:

Our women too :getin:

lmao

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Lord Tywin posted:

So I'm on an exchange semester in Asia and it's looking real dire for the gains. I can't prep any food myself and I don't know how much it costs to import some proper Salami. Furthermore, the University gym absolutely sucks. It's crowded as hell, only twink weights and treadmills everywhere. All the offsite gyms are expensive as hell as well, how do I keep my gains from disappearing?

You should have done your homework before going - there are no gains to be had in Asia. Sorry. Consider going to Iceland next time.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

roymorrison posted:

i squatted 400+ in a gay gym in rome called hard candy and no less than 50 gay men did that to me ama

It sounds like it's pretty easy to get manass when you're homo, must be nice.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Lord Tywin posted:

Don't be poor??

Or be poor, and use your BRAIN MUSCLES and McGuyver something like uhhh, like take a couple of bags and fill em with rocks or other heavy stuffs and curl them. Curl the bags

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Fallows posted:

just ask me if u need help taking the 45s off so u can put your 5s and 10s on

Heh

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
I go to an Anytime Fitness. I actually usually like it because it's smaller and tends to be quiet. There are just those times when the assholes come in. There aren't really any other gyms in a reasonable drive. Costs me about $45 CAD a month.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I've dropped about 20 pounds over the past 2 months or so and as good as that is my lifts have all dropped by about 20kg I feel so weak.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
As far as I can tell the only worthwhile metric in gym pricing is the number of women in attendance. My gym has few girls and is very cheap.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Gaz2k21 posted:

I've dropped about 20 pounds over the past 2 months or so and as good as that is my lifts have all dropped by about 20kg I feel so weak.

Have you been eating nothing for 8 weeks? How in the world do you lose 2+ pounds a week.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
probably like 10 pounds of that is water

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

a dog from hell posted:

As far as I can tell the only worthwhile metric in gym pricing is the number of women in attendance. My gym has few girls and is very cheap.

Ah, once again sausage salami fest to the rescue

bamhand posted:

Have you been eating nothing for 8 weeks? How in the world do you lose 2+ pounds a week.

I managed to do that but is was some SERIOUS caloric monitoring and weight training.

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

probably like 10 pounds of that is water

Also swearing profusely

Edit: drat autocorrect. Should be "sweating" but the phone knows what I was thinking so I'll leave it be.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Lord Tywin posted:

Bench Asian twinks.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

bamhand posted:

Probably a lot of water weight..... Other than that about 1600 calories a day and running 3-4 times a week in addition to lifting and occasional wrassling training

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The fatter u are the easier it is to lose weight :frogbon:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

The fatter u are the easier it is to lose weight :frogbon:

the more salami u cant eat :smith:

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Lord Tywin posted:

where are you in Asia? ive been here 3 months and havent really had many problems finding good gyms.

also dont get dengue because it loving sucks

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
He must be doing something wrong as there are gyms on the continent of Asia, i know it

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

roymorrison posted:

That's the Madonna gym. I worked out at the one in Toronto and its not even top 10 for the gayest gyms in the city

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

david carmichael posted:

That's the Madonna gym. I worked out at the one in Toronto and its not even top 10 for the gayest gyms in the city

What's your honest review of Steamworks Baths?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

david carmichael posted:

Well wtf, number one on that list wouldn't even be a gym from the sound of it.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Cambodia - gains capitol of the world

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Wamdoodle posted:

Well wtf, number one on that list wouldn't even be a gym from the sound of it.

Oh there are some facilities. There are certainly plenty of gentlemen getting a quick pump on

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why do gays get to have so much fun

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Zzulu posted:

why do gays get to have so much fun

Because they're gay :haw::buddy:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i decided to try keto and have eaten nothing but meat and meat products for a week. aint so bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
livin the salami lifestyle i see

grats on your sick gains

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Salami is made with sugar, actually.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I squatted so hard I popped a tonsil stone out of my head today

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I had sex with a woman before working out today and every lift was weak as poo poo. How do I fix this? Salami?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

P-Mack posted:

I had sex with a woman before working out today and every lift was weak as poo poo.

Aint that the truth. My post-sex workouts are lots of stretching, less weight, slightly more reps. The power just isn't going to be there... I left it in her vagina that morning. WIth my SALAMI.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I hurt the poo poo out of my back again, this time at work while I was rolling around a 300lb reel of wire. I went to the doc, and he seemed fairly knowledgeable about strength training for a walk in clinic doc. He did some tests with my feet and took an x-ray. He said my discs look perfectly fine, I just strained a muscle in my lower back when I was bent over pushing that wire around. He told me to stretch it gently and I could get back to lifting as soon as I felt comfortable again. It's nice knowing my back issues aren't too serious at least. I did something exactly like this a month or two ago bending over a back seat to pick up some sodas. However, deadlifting 300 lbs doesn't hurt at all, poo poo's messed up.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I hurt the poo poo out of my back again, this time at work while I was rolling around a 300lb reel of wire. I went to the doc, and he seemed fairly knowledgeable about strength training for a walk in clinic doc. He did some tests with my feet and took an x-ray. He said my discs look perfectly fine, I just strained a muscle in my lower back when I was bent over pushing that wire around. He told me to stretch it gently and I could get back to lifting as soon as I felt comfortable again. It's nice knowing my back issues aren't too serious at least. I did something exactly like this a month or two ago bending over a back seat to pick up some sodas. However, deadlifting 300 lbs doesn't hurt at all, poo poo's messed up.

Life's messed up.

Salami makes everything better.
(Also my autocorrect half-constructed that sentence, I feel proud.)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

P-Mack posted:

I had sex with a woman before working out today and every lift was weak as poo poo. How do I fix this? Salami?

lol wtf man u smash after working out. its literally the best poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
All your concentrated strength and spirit is in your cum, if you cum, you lose everything

• Locked thread