Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

Scion of an ancestral procession of idiots stretching back to the Missing Link

Rappaport posted:

Look at these poor, dummy slobs chatting away about some loser food like potatoes. I like people who discuss steak. We need more steak in America, big, beautiful steaks, the best steaks. Michelle Obama's brainwashed, she's brainwashed American children to think about potato! I mean, potato! Can you believe it? It's horrible. We're gonna make American schools great again, steak for every child, the best steak, there's no problem there I guarantee it! Loser Obamas and their potatoes. Losers who hate steak! They hate America!

Those Obamas, they're all, I mean you know, they're all starch. Am I right? I'm right. You know I'm right. Starchy starch, bad starch. But I'm beef, baby. I'm Trump steaks. The best beef from the best AMERICAN cattle. Cattle like you, right? Good American cattle, only the best, you know, catrle, steak and potatoes and green beans and some sauce but no potatoes and green beans because, yeah, am I right? I'm right. You know I'm right. Vegetables are just low energy, dumb, kind of, yeah, right? Terrible. Make America great again!

(Crowd roars, Trump supporters online discuss how deep this quote is, jerk each other off)

33rd Degree Idiot fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/763882308411600896

https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/764092643798245376

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Trump really is a full blown facist

http://m.wptz.com/politics/trump-fine-with-trying-us-citizens-in-military-courts/41162230

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

So we're at puppet strings now?

What's the next step? We've already had the Glistening.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Solkanar512 posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo, NPR?

You'd think this was a terrible baiting false equivalency headline, but they legit answer the question. Also lowly plebs who are swayed by a title don't peruse NPR :smugdog:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Since Ryan hasn't retracted his endorsement I assume this squares with "conservative values."

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
If Trump became president, I could see him refusing to pardon the Thanksgiving turkey so as not to show weakness.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I wouldn't be surprised if this comes out in an ad soon. Right now it's sort of buried under the Obama ISIS stuff and Rio.

tezcat
Jan 1, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

Maybe the most confusing thing about this election are people who still somehow think Donald Trump willingly reads anything.
Send Trump the books on tape version narrated by Glibert Godfrey.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Crow Jane posted:

If Trump became president, I could see him refusing to pardon the Thanksgiving turkey so as not to show weakness.

I like turkeys that weren't captured.
:smugdon:

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

And since Hillary and Obama are the founder and MVP of ISIS, I guess we'll just have to try them in military court! Along with the rest of the Democratic party since they all must have connections. And while we're at it we might as well try all those journalists since they're all so unpatriotic.

I really want an interviewer/Trump staffer to try and convince Trump of the virtues of IngSoc.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

SedanChair posted:

You'd think this was a terrible baiting false equivalency headline, but they legit answer the question. Also lowly plebs who are swayed by a title don't peruse NPR :smugdog:

Why Doesn't America Read Anymore?

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I like turkeys that weren't captured.
:smugdon:

If it were up to, yeah, if it, well those pussy liberals, if it were up to them and you know who they are, every turkey would get a trial.

Look folks. Look. Am I right? I'm right.

The media is crooked and Thanksgiving is rigged, but look, folks, right? We can't, I know, you know, we, right, we can't let the turkeys destroy America, right? Right.

I saw, you know, I saw it, and we can't folks. We just can't. And that's what they want to do. And if Killary has her way, it'll happen, it will. Unless some of the second amendment folks you know. You know.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Crow Jane posted:

He would instead insist on decapitating it himself on live television.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Are there any good liberal-bubble whistful writeups on how severely Cheeto might tank the downticket candidates?

There's too many variables to do much more than wistfully dream about Speaker Pelosi and President Clinton taking shots as they work out the best way to pass full communism on January 20th.

Best case scenario is Trump supporters are demoralized by Hillary's polling lead and don't show up to vote, Johnson's numbers collapse as people enter the polling booth and realize there's not point in not voting Hillary while saying they totally voted for Johnson, Democrats across the country come out in record numbers because they're voting for a winner and this is especially true in deep red areas where they usually have no impact, the stories of millions of Mexicans finally getting their citizenship in order to vote are true and indicative of an unprecedented surge in pro-Democratic Latino voting where the percentage of eligible Latino voters who actually vote surges to over 90%, an as early voting starts Trump holds a press conference where he calls all his supporters loving idiots who fell for his bullshit and couldn't tell that he was just filming the greatest season of Reality TV the world will ever know.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

"my dudes, I was just running for president for the lulz. you seriously think I want that job? You guys are like puppets on a string"

Trump proving that D&D the US really is the most easily-trolled subforum country

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

SedanChair posted:

They give a non-answer to it, really. There's still an underlying false equivalency going on in that they're not saying any of the stories are bullshit.

The Anti-Clinton stories they cite are the same old bullshit warmed up in the far right hatesphere and served as fresh again, which they mention but give a pass to:

The Article posted:

By contrast, the implications surrounding the Clinton emails exhumed by court order are a routine species of scandal stamp-collecting. And they are the fruit of conservative activists and advocates who have been generating anti-Clinton material since her husband was president.

Do they have something to say? Yes. A case to make? Yes. And it should not matter that they have been at it for a generation — often repackaging and remarketing the same accusations with only a sprinkling of new material. It is not always a waste of time to replow old furrows. After all, tens of millions of young Americans who will vote this fall do not remember the scandals of the 1990s. They happened or were alleged when the millennials were in grade school.

That article is crafted from headline to teaser to content as 'Maybe the truth is in the middle' weaseling.

Does Alex Jones have something to say? Yes. Does he have a case to make? Yes.

Is that case absolute bullshit? Yes.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Hodgepodge posted:

He would instead insist on decapitating it himself on live television.

Which would of course go horribly wrong, and he'd end up either falling on his rear end or chopping Pence's foot off. He would then either try to ban turkeys altogether or possibly nuke Turkey in retaliation.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
To stay neutral in Trump vs. Clinton you have to distort the truth, because he's a fascist piece of poo poo campaigning on open race hate, and she isn't.

The facts compel you to take a side if you aren't a gutless piece of poo poo, or too stupid to understand what's happening.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Did you read the article? It's an explanation of why Trump's controversies attract so much attention, not a callout of Corrupt Hillary.

D&d has a weird hate boner for NPR I will never understand

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I hate all their panel shows and Mo Rocca.

But also they do the same view from nowhere that most garbage American media does and they horserace as bad as anybody.

Oh and I hate their overproduced feature bullshit.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

lol source of this?

The source of what? The game Puerto Rico, which says it's set in the 18th century, during which they were heavily engaged in chattel slavery, and has all the "worker" tokens that are brown come over on ships (slave ships) and all the overseers of the factories are white tokens? I mean, it can't be a more blatant effort of whitewashing of history in board games.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Don't forget their overwhelmingly lovely overproduced gameshows.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mel Mudkiper posted:

D&d has a weird hate boner for NPR I will never understand

It's a contradiction of the idea that government funded media would solve all our problems in that field.

There's also a mythos of investigative journalism that basically sums up to "I interrupted [Politician]'s speech and everyone stood up and clapped" which obviously doesn't work in reality.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
The Leftist Circular Firing Squad Comes for NPR is real tedious.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

gfsincere posted:

The source of what? The game Puerto Rico, which says it's set in the 18th century, during which they were heavily engaged in chattel slavery, and has all the "worker" tokens that are brown come over on ships (slave ships) and all the overseers of the factories are white tokens? I mean, it can't be a more blatant effort of whitewashing of history in board games.

What are you saying, that the overseer tiles should be brown as well?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think he's saying that the tokens should be referred to as slaves instead of pretending they are just "workers" that had a choice of working there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The New Yorker cover

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Quoth the Donald: 'jk'

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So after days of Trump supporters furiously spinning the "founder of ISIS" stuff and Trump tripling down, now we get "lol sarcasm/puppet master" tweets.

The spinners should be called to account and the newest tweets read to their face.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The Leftist Circular Firing Squad Comes for NPR is real tedious.

Kai Ryssdal, Lynne Rossetto Kasper, and David Brancaccio are the first against the wall.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
How long till the Donald is just begging the GOP to stop the ride because he's sunk his own personal PR, which is the only real income he has left.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zwabu posted:

So after days of Trump supporters furiously spinning the "founder of ISIS" stuff and Trump tripling down, now we get "lol sarcasm/puppet master" tweets.

The spinners should be called to account and the newest tweets read to their face.

This happens literally every time. They made Sean Spicer go on TV and say My Little Pony Did Anti Semitism and then the next day said it was in fact plagarism done by the eternally hapless and definitely for sure real Meredith McIver.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

"my dudes, I was just running for president for the lulz. you seriously think I want that job? You guys are like puppets on a string"

So we've gotten the "nice meltdown" post from Time Magazine and now the puppetmaster defense. How many more slots on the "typical goon meltdown" bingo chart will Trump fill up before the end of the campaign?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

How long till the Donald is just begging the GOP to stop the ride because he's sunk his own personal PR, which is the only real income he has left.

What makes you assume he knows this

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

axeil posted:

So we've gotten the "nice meltdown" post from Time Magazine and now the puppetmaster defense. How many more slots on the "typical goon meltdown" bingo chart will Trump fill up before the end of the campaign?

The far right thinks Hillary needs assistance to climb stairs so people will start asking if she has any in her house

33rd Degree Idiot
Sep 17, 2007

There is very little rationale and logic in regard to who someone supports politically. It's mostly emotional, and most people *choose* someone and then defend that person to intellectual death. Spin, spin, spin, and any criticism of that person is tantamount to a personal and insulting attack on themselves.

Ad hominem by proxy.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

The far right thinks Hillary needs assistance to climb stairs so people will start asking if she has any in her house

I wonder if we can engineer this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

My favorite part of this conspiracy theory is that these guys are looking at Hillary campaigning and thinking "there is a brain damaged simpleton" and they look at Trump and go "how statesman like".

• Locked thread