Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't like beer so if you take me to a place with "good beer" expect my every review to be "tastes like beer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Max posted:

I guess that depends on what pizza you want. To be honest, almost any hole in the wall pizza joint will have good pizza in nyc, if all you're looking for is a slice. It's hard to gently caress it up in that city. If you want some really, really good pizza there are few places in Dumbo, but you'd have to cross the river over to Brooklyn to get there, and it is not cheap.

Yes but you see the Sbarro's really has the process down, a lot of commuters come through the Penn Station area so they have to provide cheap, tasty, and fast food or else they wouldn't be able to survive at that location, it's just basic free market economics.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also I like pizza but I'm a little wary of "the best pizza place in nyc" because people get really serious about that

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Pizza bad.

Beer bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I don't like beer so if you take me to a place with "good beer" expect my every review to be "tastes like beer"

If you like cocktails there are a few places I can take you. If you don't like drinking there are a few arcades/pinball places around the LES.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

go to uniqlo and spend 200$ on clothes

Uniqlo owns the one in Boston is so lame in comparison

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Idk if pizza can even be bad.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

you sweet summer child

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I see you've never been to Chicago.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It can

CCKeane posted:

Whoa now this is a wrong opinion

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

It can

Whoa now this is a wrong opinion

Impossible, all of my opinions are good and sincere.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

If you like cocktails there are a few places I can take you. If you don't like drinking there are a few arcades/pinball places around the LES.

Both of those sound pretty cool.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

There's nothing wrong with eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think I've had one pizza I didn't like and it was from my high school cafeteria

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Both of those sound pretty cool.

Do you have a favorite liquor?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

TMMadman posted:

There's nothing wrong with eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery.

Amen.

I want to Top Hops on Keane's recommendation while I was in NYC last year, it was alright. But don't take my NYC recommendations, I ate a poo poo ton of alley dumplings so my brain is still swimming in rat feces.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Alright, I guess I should get some kind of pizza while in nyc, since I've probably been eating bad pizza all my life. I'll go to sbaru place keane mentioned since I trust him the most, and I'll judge your whole country on that experience

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Do you have a favorite liquor?

Whisky?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Okay, depending on what day there are some good places, though the ones I know the best tend to get super crowded. I'll be in touch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I used to think this and then I spent 3 years in Iowa. I have learned my mistake.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Alright, I guess I should get some kind of pizza while in nyc, since I've probably been eating bad pizza all my life. I'll go to sbaru place keane mentioned since I trust him the most, and I'll judge your whole country on that experience

Please just go to a hole in the wall. Any of the millions of places wit Ray in the title should be fine.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Please just go to a hole in the wall. Any of the millions of places wit Ray in the title should be fine.

MMM "Famous" Ray is trying to bilk you. Trust in the American free market to deliver onto you the tiny "slice" of heaven that is a Sbarro pizza.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hell, just go to Not Famous Ray's, they at least own up to it and have some good stuff.

Or get a bagle, those are good too in the city.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Hell, just go to Not Famous Ray's, they at least own up to it and have some good stuff.

The pro tier New York bagel move is to get a bialy IMO.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I don't know why you'd bother to go to a Ray that wasn't even well known.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the best bagel move in new york is don't, and go to montréal instead.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i lost the file i wrote for glow 3: the future has never SHINEd brighter and i have to remake it from scratch so if you were holding your breath for it, keep holding

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

the best bagel move in new york is don't, and go to montréal instead.

I think tourism in the developing world is a complicated ethical minefield that MMM may not want to navigate.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

The pro tier New York bagel move is to get a bialy IMO.

This also isn't a joke: a bialy is a bagel variant that is super good.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Max posted:

I'm not going to be tricked by the New York bagel I bet you guys don't even throw your bagels into dirt

Also this whole rays thing is exactly the sort of tourist trouble I want to avoid, I'll just go to Keane's place since it sounds like a more genuine place

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also this whole rays thing is exactly the sort of tourist trouble I want to avoid, I'll just go to Keane's place since it sounds like a more genuine place

:laffo:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm not going to be tricked by the New York bagel I bet you guys don't even throw your bagels into dirt

http://www.sbarro.com/

oh my god comic sans

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah idk, I guess I just prefer when places put more effort in their food than in their graphic design

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah idk, I guess I just prefer when places put more effort in their food than in their graphic design

Keane is being more rude to you than if you went to the NYC Lan thread and asked. Trolled hard.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Keane is being more rude to you than if you went to the NYC Lan thread and asked. Trolled hard.

I don't know how giving recommendations to my good friend MMM is "trolling".

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Same.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kashuno posted:

quote:

CCKeane wrote on Aug 12, 2016 11:33 AM:
But if you act like I'm serious people will get really worked up, it'd be funny.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sbarro can be found in every NY truck stop on the highway. It's a big chain.

None of the rays are financially connected, it's just an advertising war that a lot of independent pizza places got into, historically.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

It was certainly funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well, trollollo.