Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The moon delegation has the power to turn this whole ship around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Starting to think someone gave Trump the Cursed Sword of Chang

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
newt "corncob" gingrich

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I so cannot loving wait for the GOP autopsy to come out after the election considering they ignored every suggestion in the 2012 one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the crazy thing is, if the GOP hadn't been so spineless and they had all dogpiled Trump and said, hey, that poo poo isn't acceptable, I think Trump would have been knocked out early

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I so cannot loving wait for the GOP autopsy to come out after the election considering they ignored every suggestion in the 2012 one.

I just want whatever rules they cook up to prevent an outsider nomination to be called the Trump Card

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

That DICK! posted:

Wouldn't the Wall Street transcripts be a better attack line? If I was trump id say "I'll release my returns when Hillary releases rhose transcripts" and hope she wouldn't call my bluff.

I'll check it out thank you

If they were smart they wouldnt have hitched their careers to donald j trump

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so I was at work, and I heard people at the watercooler say that Trump donated to NAMBLA. These are some smart dudes, they really know what they are talking about. Is there any truth to the claim that he donated to NAMBLA?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

That's not how this works. In the minds of people like Freepers Cruz stabbed them in the back. They don't forgive or forget that sort of thing.

The question for the GOP will be 2018. They will be very successful and almost certainly control both houses of congress at that point. But the real fight will be in the republican primaries, do they veer more towards electability or purity? Another double down on raw conservatism will be disastrous for 2020.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

wtf florida. you like this poo poo? you loving garbage state

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Eonwe posted:

the crazy thing is, if the GOP hadn't been so spineless and they had all dogpiled Trump and said, hey, that poo poo isn't acceptable, I think Trump would have been knocked out early

It turns out when you're competing for the same pile of white nationalists the actual white nationalist is gonna win

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/764136706538893312

:agreed:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eonwe posted:

Allow me to pull a quote from the USPol thread:

VitalSigns posted:

That was the funniest thing ever. And then they couldn't stop him by disavowing his racism because that's PC liberal thought control, they couldn't stop him by warning his rhetoric would be poison in the general because he's just saying what everyone's thinking and Republicans only lose when they disappoint America by not being racist enough. And they couldn't even use their media empire to expose how dangerously ignorant he is about government and foreign policy because you can't trust the media, whenever you don't like what you hear on the news it's because they're making up all their so-called facts, you gotta go with your feelings.

It was glorious.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Eonwe posted:

The part they dont think is acceptable is him saying that stuff out loud, they absolutely want their base to believe they secretly believe the things that trump says

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Eonwe posted:

Is there any truth to the claim that he donated to NAMBLA?

I am curious about this too.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zas posted:

nothin gets the us folks here in Tapaloochee County going quite like a good trash fire. yee haw *fires machine gun into air*

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Copy/paste the report, put the Latino/minority outreach part in 72 point Helvetica Bold.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

paranoid randroid posted:

"hey bill whats this $50,000 consulting fee payout from "Vivid Entertainment" in North Hollywood?"

bill & head's sexcellent adventure

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

iospace posted:

So, it's entirely possible to have the election called before California closes, but that hinges mostly on Georgia: http://www.270towin.com/maps/2Rg0W

The only problem here is Florida is a fucky state where they tabulate votes by tying them to a dog and then seeing whatever piece of meat the dog eats or whatever. They probably won't be able to call FL until well after CA has closed unless Hillary straight up blows him out by 20%.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol trump donates to no one not even nambla

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/newstodayus/status/764139914271215616

Or WHAT

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Eonwe posted:

newt "corncob" gingrich

he'll just change his name to 🌽 and be referred to as "the politician formerly known as newt gingrich"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Eonwe posted:

I think they were really legitimately concerned that Trump would run as an independent and take ~20% of GOP voters with him if they did that. they had zero good options; if they wanted to stop Trump they would have to go back in time, stop all the vile anti-Obama hatred before it really started, and prevent the Tea Party from ever existing.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Zas posted:

Florida is hot West Virginia with a bunch of old retired New Yorkers with nothing better to do than watch Fox News and bitch about the weather.

Though I'm basing off of the time when my parents were dumb enough to live in Hernando County. East Coast of FL just seems to have a bunch of FYGM types.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If there's a list of top ten signs that your campaign is hosed, bringing up Truman is #3.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

again gently caress FLORIDA

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

my bony fealty posted:

I think they were really legitimately concerned that Trump would run as an independent and take ~20% of GOP voters with him if they did that. they had zero good options; if they wanted to stop Trump they would have to go back in time, stop all the vile anti-Obama hatred before it really started, and prevent the Tea Party from ever existing.

It would have been waayyyy better for them if he'd run as a stupid rear end independent because he'd have rage-quit by this point if he didn't have the begrudging support of one of the most powerful political forces to have ever existed on the planet

donald trump

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Pick posted:

It would have been waayyyy better for them if he'd run as a stupid rear end independent because he'd have rage-quit by this point if he didn't have the begrudging support of one of the most powerful political forces to have ever existed on the planet

donald trump

hindsight, etc.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zoux posted:

If there's a list of top ten signs that your campaign is hosed, bringing up Truman is #3.

What's the other nine? Donald Trump is your candidate for all?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Florida is hot West Virginia with a bunch of old retired New Yorkers with nothing better to do than watch Fox News and bitch about the weather.

Though I'm basing off of the time when my parents were dumb enough to live in Hernando County. East Coast of FL just seems to have a bunch of FYGM types.

a bunch of middle-aged poor white folks too. my girlfriend's family is them and they are Trump fans, not really because they like Trump, but because they buy everything Fox says about Hillary Clinton 100%.

the older ones though, they are Trump fans, because they are racist

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

christ

i hope she goes for some gimmick sets, like winning all 13 original colonies, or winning every state with an nhl franchise.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat you guys hosed me up with truth bombs on my argument that the GOP should have shut him down

i guess they didn't really have an option and were hosed from the start

:rip: them lmao

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Al! posted:

its probably this. no idea what it means though

Appearance fees for e.g. The Late Show with Stephen Colbert? Or maybe https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5806780/

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims ― 1.6 billion members of an entire religion ― from entering the U.S.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Squizzle posted:

christ

i hope she goes for some gimmick sets, like winning all 13 original colonies, or winning every state with an nhl franchise.

I'd like to see her try to get the +21 you get from the San Franciso -> New York card, which coincidentally virtually guarantees the +10 longest continuous line bonus

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Eonwe posted:

:rip: them lmao

GOP Collapse 2016: :rip: them lmao

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Al! posted:

The part they dont think is acceptable is him saying that stuff out loud, they absolutely want their base to believe they secretly believe the things that trump says

except that after Trump, 40% of the base will find it unacceptable for people to *not* say that stuff out loud while 60% of the base will murder them for it

good luck in 2020 boys (unless Cruz runs the gauntlet, then we're hosed)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims ― 1.6 billion members of an entire religion ― from entering the U.S.

Huffpo puts that at the bottom of all their Trump articles after they had to go back on their "We are covering Trump only as an electoral curiosity" policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/TheBillyWest/status/763839080308150272

• Locked thread