Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

PerniciousKnid posted:

No no, I don't mean a literal Brexit by USA voters. I mean disaster wrought by anti-establishment reactionaries, not specifically white supremacism or succession.

There's a significant population of Brexit and Trump/Bernie supporters who weren't espousing a policy position, they were just saying "the institution is rigged and I hate it". That hasn't gone away just because Trump is a clown. It'll resurface when we have a debt ceiling vote or something. When elites are warning about the disaster, the hoi polloi will be shouting "let's try it, you were wrong about NAFTA, you're wrong about this". Although they might come up with something catchier.

Edit: and if anyone figures out how to be anti-establishment without being a racist about it, we're proper hosed.

I didn't think you meant a literal Brexit either. What I'm saying, though, is that the forces pushing Brexit didn't get stronger because politicians ignored them, they were strengthened because politicians enabled them. In Britain, we saw that those forces were powerful enough to pass a disastrous referendum. We see a similar theme in the Tea Party. Our right-wing populists didn't win because the Republican establishment ignored them, they won because they were encouraged by the establishment up until they started ripping apart anything they saw as functional governance.

In the current situation, they are powerful enough to nominate Donald Trump (in large part because of the electoral gains they made in the Tea Party wave), but apparently not powerful enough to elect him. I don't see how losing will make them stronger. They won't go away, obviously, but the spirit of moderation that animates America is sometimes a good thing.

ed: poo poo, new page:

Ohio law defunding Planned Parenthood blocked by federal judge,

Malmesbury Monster fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/darreldrowland/status/764151751385677825

haha gently caress you

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

SSNeoman posted:

Easy there commando, we still have a few months before the election. Mike's a smart guy, he'll come around.

I think it's pretty great that a tiny contingent of folks could put 3rd party candidates above trump among some demographics

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

DrNutt posted:

It is okay, however, to tell impoverished white people how stupid they are for voting against their own self interests.

This election is an odd one to talk about that, since, well, I for one am motivated by not having my Muslim friends in internment camps.

Though I suppose there is also self-interest, since those sorts always come for us Jews at some point anyway.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

The most likely things to come out of the lame duck session are TPP and Associate Justice Merrick Garland.

Garland should withdraw in the lame duck because he gets offered a cushy position at the Clinton foundation and say "had your chance fuckers!"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

DrNutt posted:

It is okay, however, to tell impoverished white people how stupid they are for voting against their own self interests.

Figuring at this point they are pretty much voting for apocalypse (or at the very least, a crazy man that will guarantee Bad poo poo Goes Down), sure.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Prediction: Trump 'releases' his taxes, but every single line is redacted out except for his name and the ".00" at the end of how much he gets refunded.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

zoux posted:

He definitely told women that they weren't voting in their best interest.

This "Killer Mike" Was No Angel

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Eat poo poo, Kasich. Your "aw shucks" routine never fooled me, you gently caress.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She if the best angels are killers and vice versa

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Crabtree posted:

Oh right, Flint still has bad water but no one bothers to cover the situation further deteriorating because its old news and this is an election year.

Bad water and no garbage pickup either now.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/07/mayor_says_there_will_be_no_tr.html

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Killer Michael

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Business Gorillas posted:

Ugh, that cross must be so heavy, Simon.

E: Also, there is something kind of disgusting about you equating media/public portrayal of persectued black people and people vehemently disagreeing with Killer Mike's opinion on candidates.

Boon fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 12, 2016

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Antti posted:

There are some black people who won't vote for Clinton, that's fine, she can win without either of them.

Who? "My African" and...

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Badger posted:

Prediction: Trump 'releases' his taxes, but every single line is redacted out except for his name and the ".00" at the end of how much he gets refunded.

And the white space to the left of number is also redacted to imply higher income

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

There's a good Chance joke here, i think

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Binary Badger posted:

He's already claiming he can't release him because he's being audited. People who know about audits are saying "no that's bullshit that's not a thing."

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In horserace news, I guess the Clinton Foundation is going to be constantly talked about now after a report that the FBI is investigating it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Who? "My African" and...

Friend Ben.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deified Data posted:

Who? "My African" and...

Don King.

Dr Christmas posted:

In horserace news, I guess the Clinton Foundation is going to be constantly talked about now after a report that the FBI is investigating it.

Here's a fun exercise: find a non rightwing source reporting this.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dr Christmas posted:

The current arguments against Clinton are full-on hardline conspiracy theory stuff.

They're not even trying to attack her on policy, they're literally digging in on pretending she's a murderer and rigging elections and and and

all the stuff that my grandma believes that i didn't think real people believed

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

WampaLord posted:

Friend Ben.

Herman Cain probably.

even money says Michael Steele votes for Hillary.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I think Obama's half-brother also came out for Trump for some weird reason.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Deified Data posted:

Who? "My African" and...

Herschel Walker.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

CascadeBeta posted:

Do you really think Trump is going to concede at any point in this race and not try to drag out recounts and lawsuits blaming a "rigged" election for months after the fact?
Do you really think I think that Trump is a deep-cover spy for Goonswarm, noted CIA front organization?

Seriously though, I have no idea what Trump is going to do. Every media organization in America is going to say that Trump lost and Hillary won. It's going to be absolutely everywhere and it's not like all of the 35% or whatever of voters that he'll carry will believe it's some liberal conspiracy. He'll be desperate for supply on top of the absolute best poo poo he'd been getting on the campaign trail so maybe he just explodes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/12/secret-donald-trump-supporters-change-vote-election

Lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's Hannity trying to make the Hillary is frail conspiracy theory real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrO_89DqQw

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
“Everyone wants so desperately to believe he’s Hitler 2.0, and their warped image of him is clearly looming large at the forefront of their minds – so much so that they can’t help but attach the worst possible connotation to even vague, offhand quips like these,” said a 29-year-old Hispanic attorney from Florida, referring to his second amendment comments.

An Indian American attorney, who describes his wealth as being in the top 1%, says he doesn’t care about the to-and-fros between Trump and Clinton or even Trump and his own party. “All of the controversies to me are inconsequential. The economy is terrible, the job situation has not materially improved, and illegal immigration and national security will get even worse moving forward. Regardless of what Trump may say and how he gets characterized, his focus is on the right things,” he wrote.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

He's already claiming he can't release him because he's being audited. People who know about audits are saying "no that's bullshit that's not a thing."

He's had one reason or another for a long time and the goalposts have shifted from Obama's birth certificate, to Hillary's emails, to Hillary's speech transcripts. I guess the last returns he released were in 1981 which showed he paid no federal taxes for two years in the 70's.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

Instead, he’ll reluctantly vote for Clinton. “For me, more Obama is OK, and that is a vote for Clinton. I will rely on the checks and balances of the US constitution to take care of the rest,” he said.

*sigh* If it's between this and nuclear annihilation... I'll vote Clinton I GUESS. Ughhhh. Just keep them checks coming.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

zoux posted:

Here's Hannity trying to make the Hillary is frail conspiracy theory real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrO_89DqQw

I can't watch all that, but the thumbnail leads me to believe that Carson is going to be helping him by trying to diagnose via news clips, which I'm pretty sure is no bueno in doctorland, isn't it?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Lid posted:

Regardless of what Trump may say and how he gets characterized, his focus is on the right things,” he wrote.

His focus? Trump has no loving focus. Watch a rally, he can't focus on a single sentence much less policies. :sad:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

I can't watch all that, but the thumbnail leads me to believe that Carson is going to be helping him by trying to diagnose via news clips, which I'm pretty sure is no bueno in doctorland, isn't it?

Don't tell that to Bill Frist.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Top story on cnn.com

Imagine what ISIS thinks of this death stare knowing she's going to bomb the gently caress out of them at least as much as Obama has.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
"the job situation has not materially improved"

"Materially" is a strange word to use when what I get from that statement is basically the opposite. "Oh, it's improved statistically, but not in my mental version of the economy."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Has anyone made the joke Donald "JK" Trump?

"I am very rich.*"

*JK. LOLolol you stupid rednecks think I have more than a million dollars.

Also just heard Tiny Hands is closing his campaign office in NJ. Was NJ part of the "LOL you think you can flip this blue state" group?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
One of the secret trump support repliers that didnt show up this time was the bernie bro who became an accelerationist

Probably died of shame

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Pander posted:

Herman Cain probably.

even money says Michael Steele votes for Hillary.

I am honestly curious about Justice Thomas's vote. (Though it'd probably be inappropriate for him to disclose it...)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

quote:

A 20-year-old Arab student from Missouri says he backs Trump because he’s flipped US politics. “If he doesn’t win, his ego and legacy will still dominate American politics. He has basically set the tone for the coming century in which an isolated authoritarian state could be a very real prospect for our country,” he said.

................ What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Fangz posted:

................ What?

That person literally wants fascism

• Locked thread