Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
AA adc's are actually doing pretty well. Jinx and kog are in top 5 and twitch is not far behind. The other top 5 carries will also be getting nerfed - ashe, jhin, and sivir. Even trist and cait are doing ok, which in my mind is the metric for AA adc's. The adc's that are doing poorly are either the ones with older designs - varus and vayne - or had the kits neutered - lucian, corki, and kalista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Varus is just fine he's just not a bot lane carry anymore and that's okay

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Luna Was Here posted:

first item wits end kog maw spotted in lck playoffs

It has been played a ton in the last few weeks in many regions.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Varus is just fine he's just not a bot lane carry anymore and that's okay

Full armorpen Varus mid is both fun, and good!!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

RealFoxy posted:

I've now collected 13 chests and I have 1 key fragment. Riot claims that every month, you chance of finding keys resets but I haven't seen a key fragment in the last 50 games.

Yeah, I remember reading this too, and I'm pretty sure that they were lying or it's bugged. Key fragments are only getting rarer as time goes on, or I am *remarkably* unlucky.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Is there a reason why they turned Poppy from the cool hero she was into the dumb generic incoherent AD bruiser that she is now

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

it reset properly when it was implemented, if it isn't working either you have a poor grasp on the passage of time or it has since broken

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Minorkos posted:

Is there a reason why they turned Poppy from the cool hero she was into the dumb generic incoherent AD bruiser that she is now
because old poppy was also terribly designed

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Endorph posted:

because old poppy was also terribly designed

at least there was something interesting in her design, now she is just AD bruiser #48

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

old poppy was a really lovely melee assassin now after getting nerfed a ton shes a really lovely tank, whoopie

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

old poppy was a generic assassin, she just randomly said 'gently caress you' to everyone in the world for five seconds at a time

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Endorph posted:

old poppy was a generic assassin, she just randomly said 'gently caress you' to everyone in the world for five seconds at a time

yeah and now she's ruined

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
MAGIC HEALTH% CRITS

gently caress, I miss old Poppy.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'm surprised I dont see more Fionas; her passive gimmick is pretty fun, Fizz-ing damage/stuns is always cool, and lategame you can dish out some crazy % true damage (my last match ult ended up dealing 54%)

Also she does a pretty decent job of chumping Kled once she gets her full skillset.

E: I miss old Poppy's ult. If I could just have that back so I can go back to Tanky Trynd-esque AD poppy gimmicks I would be pretty happy.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Old Poppy had a lot of hidden power. The hidden power that a large majority of the players had a limited understanding of how she worked.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Old Poppy had a lot of hidden power. The hidden power that a large majority of the players had a limited understanding of how she worked.

It was pretty funny how long it took non-poppy players to realize how broken her passive was.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I actually think a variation of Poppy's old ultimate should have been given to Fiora. Her new one seems out of place to me, or at least the heal does. Whereas giving her a version of Poppy's old ultimate where she declares a duel with target enemy and then only she and them can hurt eachother and neither can hurt anyone else until the duel ends would be thematically cool. Instead we have a silly huge heal that is meant to make your team care about you winning duels, but just seems out of place.

Nobody should actually have Poppy's full old ultimate though because it was just absurd, she could ult a target that did no damage and then wail on whoever she wanted without a care in the world. Like thematically the idea was to pick an enemy, ult them and then wail on that enemy but instead it was used to make her immortal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

Whereas giving her a version of Poppy's old ultimate where she declares a duel with target enemy and then only she and them can hurt eachother and neither can hurt anyone else until the duel ends would be thematically cool.
they tried that and it just wound up with her dueling supports that couldn't possibly win the duel in 1000 years, which wasn't exactly thematically cool

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They also experimented with giving her really weak versions of Lunge/Parry/Riposte, but then making her ultimate give her [I think it was 5/10/15?] cooldown-less casts of them. Not sure what the problem was with that idea though.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
What's with people farting out of a butt and asking about ADCs and Poppy rework and other year old non-issues. Is it playoffs bump? Did everyone get bored of over watch? What's going on.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Both versions of Poppy are mostly loved by some real sons of bitches so I don't really see how her design has changed that much over the years.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ah yes, new poppy who makes jumpy champions sad and can completely remove people from teamfights is bad and boring compared to old poppy who's thing was that she's unkillable late game but balanced by the fact that she was unplayable early game. Also to this day I don't know how her old Q worked other than it did more damage.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
people who kept saying old poppy was bad earlier probably never played crit poppy.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I love new Poppy, all of her skills feel really good to combo and it is really satisfying to slam people into walls or time your W for the knockup.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hell as long as she's still a girl smurf who presumably enjoys loving, the core of the character remains un damaged.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

beg pardon?

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hell as long as she's still a girl smurf who presumably enjoys loving, the core of the character remains un damaged.

:wow:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hm

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

edit: Looks like it may only be during "IP Sales" which will happen twice a year. Not great but..not terrible.

still incredibly shocking that riot is still trying to money grub as much as possible off these loving things

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

still incredibly shocking that riot is still trying to money grub as much as possible off these loving things
tbh they should have set them all to cost 1 ip and then fired whoever came up with them after that how to make a chroma video

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I uh...hm.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think Keven has Poppy and Tristana mixed up!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mierenneuker posted:

I wonder how bad we can make this thread.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Please don't.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
:regd08:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mierenneuker posted:

They're sisters.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

They're sisters.
Racist.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
its very race-ist that the only fast yordles are the furry ones

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i was teaching a co-worker how to play league today and she was starting the second tutorial (where you pick ryze, garen, or ashe) while i was looking at my phone and when i looked up i realized she picked ryze and boy ryze is def. NOT the champ for someone that doesn't play videogames. also the tutorial still talks about his original ult because they forgot to change it for either remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

its very race-ist that the only fast yordles are the furry ones

Meigling genocide spotted

• Locked thread