Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have already preordered the expansion.

See you guys in september!.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

OdinsBeard posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what happened with the first guy here, I'm positive that grenade stuck. I got the audio cue. But his health is the same.

http://i.imgur.com/tgWLBcn.gifv

It looks like you missed by a hair and the grenade triggered its seeking behavior but whipped right around him and into the wall. Stickies do fail sometimes.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Altoght fine it's okay I guess.

Tei posted:

I have already preordered the expansion.

See you guys in september!.

:ohdear:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the hell happened to Tei's av? He doesn't strike me as the type of person to exhibit rage. Neglect, perhaps, but not rage...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OdinsBeard posted:

I'm still trying to figure out what happened with the first guy here, I'm positive that grenade stuck. I got the audio cue. But his health is the same.

http://i.imgur.com/tgWLBcn.gifv

1) You want to talk about a grenade and say nothing about that filthy quick scope? Looks like a XIM.
2) Flux grenades are garbage. Quick movement gets people out of them pretty reliably.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

1) You want to talk about a grenade and say nothing about that filthy quick scope? Looks like a XIM.
2) Flux grenades are garbage. Quick movement gets people out of them pretty reliably.

(I have a xim)

I used stickies when I first started playing because I mained sunbreaker and then switched to zoning grenades when I started trying out other classes. Recently I've been playing with stickies again. Not great, but pretty fun. Very good against shotgun chargers.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

OdinsBeard posted:

(I have a xim)

Jesus, I really need to get one of those, I mean I already play at a desk ffs. That snipe was positively nasty.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

OdinsBeard posted:

(I have a xim)

I used stickies when I first started playing because I mained sunbreaker and then switched to zoning grenades when I started trying out other classes. Recently I've been playing with stickies again. Not great, but pretty fun. Very good against shotgun chargers.

Of all the stickies Flux is easily the worst. I swear their damage is RNG and their "stick arc" is a lot smaller than something like a Fusion. You're much better served getting creative with Skips while in close quarters.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Of all the stickies Flux is easily the worst. I swear their damage is RNG and their "stick arc" is a lot smaller than something like a Fusion. You're much better served getting creative with Skips while in close quarters.

Yeah, I usually use skips or arcbolts. Otoh I played a game the other day as a sunbreaker with the armamentarium, max disc, simmering flames, and fusions. It was gross. So many 'get it off' badges.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Flux grenades fall off of people a lot of the time but talk about satisfying when they work on shotties.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

Rick_Hunter posted:

Artifacts are not in the loot table for Daughters and artifacts are only in the loot table for Oryx during challenge mode. Doth thou even raid, brother?

I Doth. I googled a bad loot table. You arth correcth.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like you can have chats with Ghost now. They really are catering to solo players!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:gizz:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
what're the other two choices? Armor and legacy?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

what're the other two choices? Armor and legacy?

Armor and something grab bag like, possibly mats, faction specific ghost shells if they ever do that, chroma, weapon doodads they are adding

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh okay. I see the vendors probably still accept heavy weapon synths so I'm set

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

omg

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
THROWBACK THURSDAY

http://i.imgur.com/hbebeBm.gifv

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Hot :parrot:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

"Hard Light is good, guys"

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol holy poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So I played 9 games yestersay - 1 solo then 3 with cheesefactory, then 5 more solo accross rift and zone control did ok in the first game but it was sweaty as gently caress, lots of clan tags and players I recognised, lots of red and yellow connections, got dumped out of the first game with cheese factory with a weasel error but I was just chugging dicks that game, our team had all negative k/d ratios except cheesefactory.

Did poo poo in the 2nd ok in the 3rd, dominated in the 4th, 5th, 6th, did dog poo poo in the 7th and finished mid table with a 2.3 kd in the final game.

The only change in the lobbies where i did well compared to poo poo wasnt the opponent quality because there were a lot of the same guys in the same matches because bungies match making is currently so tight you couldnt pull a pin from its rear end with a tractor it was a lack of red bar gods.

One game we played on frontier I just dropped dead and the kill screen didnt have what killed me just that I got killed by an opponent I was engaged with, even though i head shot him twice with my 1kys, neither shot registered.

Right now it seems I can play with the same 8 or 9 players in a lobby and swing between a 3 kd and a .5 kd depending on where the red bar gods are team wise. You lose all map control, heavy control and fall victim to team shooting, super trains and spawn exploiting so much more when the connections are hosed.

Theres some days I'll think maybe my aim is just off or something only to record the game and watch it back to find that its just a lack of registration in the bullets.

Cosmos community thread is full of the same complaints and reports. Its beyond a joke at this point.

I'll suck it up and keep playing but the poo poo thing is now having a crisp game is stupid rare.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/vdollbaum_bng/status/764210332143190016

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh cool.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Yeah but now the nightfall loot pool is only ghosts

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
How can the PvE folks be learning so much while the PvP people seem to be getting worse?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

sunday at work posted:

How can the PvE folks be learning so much while the PvP people seem to be getting worse?

Because bungie has made it no secret in two years that they do not take crucible very seriously.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

sunday at work posted:

All the irl cool dude PvP devs left when they lost rights to halo

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

All the irl cool dude PvP devs left when they lost rights to halo

How come halo 4 and 5 sucked so bad then

edit: I guess they might not have gone to 343 or whatever, still, I stand by my comments

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

irl cool dude PvP dev

Mods

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I ended up trying King's Fall normal with some randoms from lfg.Got all the way to Daughters despite my best efforts to gently caress up the jumping puzzles for half an hour. That was fun and the guys were pretty chill.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Looking at Bungie's stats online I keep seeing Combat Rating everywhere. What the gently caress is combat rating?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This Redditor deleted all of his characters for Gallyhorn day. :chanpop:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6RCA32UT_1Y

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Loser has deleted 131 characters already. If he was actually going through with it he would not have made a new character in the middle of it.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I bet it's that chucklefuck I met once who thought three chances a week for a Titan Crota helmet wasn't enough. Deleted a character, went into crucible for 8 hours for another shot. Goddamn

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Guy probably has four copies

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

Is there a summary of that game informer video that dropped today? The destiny Reddit is apparently having a shitposting holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Eight games in a row either joining a team with a massive deficit or having 2+ people leave.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread