Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Venom Snake posted:

Iv been there dude and it is not a liberal college town by any stretch of the imagination. It's crippled by the fact north florida has 0 use for people with higher education so the college grads don't "stick"

Odd, after 20 years of living there, their grad school and medical colleges are the only reason to go there in the first place and those who do stick are largely doctors and pharmacists because Florida is chockful of old people so heathcare is a boon.

It's also full of hippies/hipsters touting their art fairs, small galleries and claiming to have a music scene obscure enough. Why its a mixed bag of every lovely thing~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Montasque posted:

The latest YouGov and LA Times trackers have him at about 30% with Hispanics... So Trump being north of 20% with Hispanics seems to be a thing.

http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/
https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/s7eok0qys8/weekly_presidential_tracking_report.pdf

He's polling in single digits with the black community though.

can we stop taking the USC/LA Times poll seriously? might as well pull out the CVoter poll

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

The latest YouGov and LA Times trackers have him at about 30% with Hispanics... So Trump being north of 20% with Hispanics seems to be a thing.

http://graphics.latimes.com/usc-presidential-poll-dashboard/
https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/s7eok0qys8/weekly_presidential_tracking_report.pdf

He's polling in single digits with the black community though.

Anecdotal as gently caress, but a solid number of 3+ generation latinos are FYGM as gently caress.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

anotherone posted:

quote:

He's not man enough or have the balls enough to come on

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i live in boca raton :downs:

my condolences.

Well, here's to loving Florida. :beerpal: I really gotta get outta here

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Winner is Jew posted:

Aren't a bunch of gated retirement communities in Florida pushing to unincorporate themselves from the surrounding towns so they don't have to pay taxes and stuff for local schools?

retirement communities in general are dying off and getting less popular because 1. Florida is no longer 100% white and that's scary to old white people 2. People can't afford to retire like they used to. 3. They are getting priced out by tourism

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

Odd, after 20 years of living there

i'm so sorry

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Karl Sharks posted:

can we stop taking the USC/LA Times poll seriously? might as well pull out the CVoter poll

zoux posted:

That LA Times tracker is garbage fyi.

Is RCP getting rid of it any time soon?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/764219041020055552

:vince:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

also yougov isn't giving a demographic breakdown of how many people fall under each category, just the percentage that are in favor of trump, clinton, etc.

they could be getting 30% for trump because the sample size for hispanics aren't large enough to balance out, if it's not big enough you could get a crazy swing

or maybe all of the other polls showing him in the teens are wrong

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Karl Sharks posted:

i wonder if katrina could make money doing anything else with how bad she is as a surrogate

e: though it's a rough job yeah, idk why you'd bother if you could make money literally anywhere else

She's just a bag of wind.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Montasque posted:

Is RCP getting rid of it any time soon?

no, but that doesn't mean we need to constantly talk about it here as if it's a legitimate one we should be paying attention to

i mean it's a literal tracking poll with a fixated overall sample size; good if you want to look at general trends but you can't use the numbers from it to compare to all of the other more standard polls that have a different random sample

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

i wonder if katrina could make money doing anything else with how bad she is as a surrogate

e: though it's a rough job yeah, idk why you'd bother if you could make money literally anywhere else

Being a Trump surrogate has to be one of the worst and most difficult public jobs ever and if Trump wasn't such a garbage candidate I think she would be happily employed elsewhere after the election. She really does a great job of completely obstructing the point.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Whoever runs her twitter game deserves a cabinet position.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Many people are saying, or so I've heard, that this is very funny.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Being a Trump surrogate has to be one of the worst and most difficult public jobs ever and if Trump wasn't such a garbage candidate I think she would be happily employed elsewhere after the election. She really does a great job of completely obstructing the point.

then why the gently caress is she still with trump??? if i had actual skills i would've gotten off the trump campaign a long rear end time ago

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

No nambla option, :sad:

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

docbeard posted:

Overheard at FSB Headquarters:

Hacker: All we've found so far is this cartoon of a dog who is fine being emailed back and forth between Paul Ryan and Reince Priebus, sometimes two or three times an hour.

Director: That dog is on fire. He does not look fine.

Hacker: But he says everything is fine.

Director: Keep digging. Find the secret meaning behind the dog who is fine.

LOL

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

He does much more than just park his money overseas, if you know what I mean.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Karl Sharks posted:

Terrible surrogates can also find employment as police union heads

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

He doesn't pay any taxes
He parks money overseas
He's not very charitable
He inflates his wealth

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Where's the NAMBLA option

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Karl Sharks posted:

He doesn't pay any taxes
He parks money overseas
He's not very charitable
He inflates his wealth

:perfect:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lemming posted:

Where's the NAMBLA option

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Karl Sharks posted:

then why the gently caress is she still with trump??? if i had actual skills i would've gotten off the trump campaign a long rear end time ago

when you're in pr or lobbying it's important to demonstrate you'll defend literally anything and completely sublimate any kind of personal ethics or morals

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

I know it's easy to think that Trump is failing do spectacularly only because he's such an idiot but the Clinton campaign has been brutally effective and I'm kind of sad I didn't get to see it go after a more cunning opponent

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Karl Sharks posted:

also yougov isn't giving a demographic breakdown of how many people fall under each category, just the percentage that are in favor of trump, clinton, etc.

they could be getting 30% for trump because the sample size for hispanics aren't large enough to balance out, if it's not big enough you could get a crazy swing

My angle is that I found it odd that Trump out performed Florida nationally with Hispanics when I assumed Florida hispanics(Cubans) would be more receptive to him.

I just have no idea where these Hispanic loving Trumps are from, if they're not from Florida.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Karl Sharks posted:

There's polls actually showing him doing his NAMBLA thing? Gross.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

It'd look like she's abandoning a sinking ship and that'd be really bad for not only the Trump campaign but her especially if they found out she was looking to leave, Trump would loving trash her. Ride it out, get paid (maybe, considering Trump's history) and land a major gig in November.

e: I should add I don't think she's skilled at all, only that, after being on the Trump ship for so long, going down with the ship seems to be the best choice.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 12, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Karl Sharks posted:

He doesn't pay any taxes
He parks money overseas
He's not very charitable
He inflates his wealth

:monocle:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Donald Trump founded NAMBLA. He's their founder. If you look at it, he's really the MVP of NAMBLA.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Promo video Trump teen facials

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Venom Snake posted:

Gainesville is in North Florida.

Lastgirl posted:

No poo poo sherlock

only the westside of town is full of richies because there's an old plantation~ :heritage:

east side is the ghetto and downtown is one big giant hipster circle jerk and the university is smack dab in the middle of it. It's a bastion of liberals.

Gainesville is the other major area lumped into Corrine Brown's gerrymandered district along with the lovely part of Jacksonville, so technically not in a GOP stronghold in terms of congressional district. That's why Brown stays in congress despite being both an unethical and probably criminal scumbag, and a complete and utter moron. Gainesville college commies + majority black JAX neighborhoods = seat for life with no chance of ever being beaten by a Republican.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Raku posted:

Donald Trump founded NAMBLA. He's their founder. If you look at it, he's really the MVP of NAMBLA.

(most valuable pedophile)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Montasque posted:

My angle is that I found it odd that Trump out performed Florida nationally with Hispanics when I assumed Florida hispanics(Cubans) would be more receptive to him.

I just have no idea where these Hispanic loving Trumps are from, if they're not from Florida.

yeah i'm just saying you're sort of comparing apples to oranges by using more traditional polls for florida while relying on an unorthodox tracking poll

the USC poll has a sample of like 3000 i believe, but picks 400 from that sample for each update they put out, it's just really funky compared to traditional ones so if you want to use it for analysis, that's fine, but you're going to be scratching your head more often due to the difference in the poll types than any discord between results i think

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Intel&Sebastian posted:

(most valuable pedophile)

Most Voracious Predator

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:vince:

the talent deficit posted:

when you're in pr or lobbying it's important to demonstrate you'll defend literally anything and completely sublimate any kind of personal ethics or morals

GobiasIndustries posted:

It'd look like she's abandoning a sinking ship and that'd be really bad for not only the Trump campaign but her especially if they found out she was looking to leave, Trump would loving trash her. Ride it out, get paid (maybe, considering Trump's history) and land a major gig in November.

fair, i guess i just couldn't stand doing it loving every day for weeks

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Raku posted:

Most Voracious Predator

this is trump, it'd be "virile" because there is no problem there, i assure you

• Locked thread