Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Please do not post people who hoodwinked their fans out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and then provided nothing.

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

So they revealed a new form for Meowth and i love his smug rear end face

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yeah but who cares about Meowth when we got a sea cucumber Pokemon violently expelling its fist shaped guts.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

HOW ABOUT SPIDERMAN!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yogventures, one of the first and worst kickstarter failures ever

http://kotaku.com/how-a-successful-kickstarter-lost-half-a-million-dollar-1608877998

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/17/5911947/yogventures-kickstarter-canceled-yogscast-no-obligation

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I'm reminded of Harpo Marx and all the silverware falling out of his trenchcoat.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Please do not post people who hoodwinked their fans out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and then provided nothing.

You heard the man, back to JoJos.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lizard Wizard posted:

I mostly post JoJos in the cosplay thread, but I'll see what I can do...

Bonus:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lizard Wizard posted:

okay!

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

It looks like the free game they gave everybody as compensation has also failed.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/277930/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

C.M. Kruger posted:

It looks like the free game they gave everybody as compensation has also failed.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/277930/
incredible, it's a cavalcade of failure

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's a mess alright, but Let Me Tell You About Homestuck.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150704223505/http://ipgd.tumblr.com/post/123230861032/im-sure-that-everyone-has-noticed-by-now-that-the

2.4 million dollars and all they produced was the main character's walk cycle and a single background.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Cleretic posted:

On the other hand Reaper comes out fairly well, but that's not because it's a better model; it's just that Darkblack McBoneson's color scheme is easier to get right, and his animations are largely pretty rigid and reserved in Overwatch anyway so he translates well into SFM movies.

Well, aside from them not being able to animate Death Blossom without slowing it down by a factor of ten

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Who What Now posted:

You obviously didn't look very hard, then

I am loving blind

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Dailydot actually thought this piece of fanart was real after it was retweeted by the parody Miyamoto twitter.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RandomFerret posted:

That's a mess alright, but Let Me Tell You About Homestuck.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150704223505/http://ipgd.tumblr.com/post/123230861032/im-sure-that-everyone-has-noticed-by-now-that-the

2.4 million dollars and all they produced was the main character's walk cycle and a single background.

Can't really look right now at the link, but if it's the Homestuck game that was a thing for a while, didn't that get wrecked because the guys that ended up making the new King's Quest turned out to be thieves and hosed them over?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

TontoCorazon posted:

Oh my god are those Daddy Yankee lyrics?

Nother question: Why?

The artist is probably a Voltron fan.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Game theory: Mr Poopy Butthole is SANS?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Yardbomb posted:

Can't really look right now at the link, but if it's the Homestuck game that was a thing for a while, didn't that get wrecked because the guys that ended up making the new King's Quest turned out to be thieves and hosed them over?

That is correct

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Invictus posted:

RED ZONE is...it is.

This is a perfect description of whatever the gently caress I just watched.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Aug 13, 2016

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Yardbomb posted:

im pretty sure they did the same thing to Neil Gaiman's Wayward Manor too. check out the developer section from may 2015 and then look at it live
https://web.archive.org/web/20150529065211/http://store.steampowered.com/app/246720

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Has kickstarter ever produced a game that wasn't poo poo?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes, a hell of a lot

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Nuebot posted:

There has never been a single good kickstarted game ever.

oh, wait.

Sonseray
Apr 15, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Darkest Dungeon is actually poo poo, but okay.

I like both these things!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nuebot posted:

It's pretty good, if just dumb unforgiving sometimes.

Also listed up there and all but the Shadowrun games were good stuff too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Kickstarter has plenty of success stories but plenty of failures to go with them. The lesson to learn from this isn't to never back projects but rather really look into them before doing so. For example, don't back a game with no actual development plan that's just being pitched by a bunch of "ideas guys".

Nuebot posted:

:frogout:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Having completed Darkest Dungeon, I can safely say that I would have gotten a similar experience replaying an Etrian Odyssey game, and enjoyed myself much more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Having completed darkest dungeon, I can safely say the game was very good and fun if you are not bad at video games, and the final boss was great.

The second darkest dungeon level sucked though.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Actually, it was a repetitive, grindy chore with mostly fairly uninteresting classes and bosses (though the final boss is pretty good). The latter Etrian Odyssey games are basically the same idea done much better; they're still grindy, but have way more enemy and player variety and strategic depth.

e: And still quiet challenging!

fool of sound has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Aug 13, 2016

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Nuebot posted:

Yes, but you can count the games that weren't disappointments on your hands.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

David Copperfield posted:

Yes, but you can count the games that weren't disappointments on your hands.

So you're saying that lots of people attempt projects and only a few of them turn into big successes? Crazy.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

What he said. By the way Darkest Dungeon is not bad if you just accept their definition of hero

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
One of the problems is that Kickstarter projects typically don't have a legal budget and have much less funding than traditional productions, so they're prime targets for scammers to "contract" their "work" out for much less money than a real company would ask for. The scammers then embezzle the money and settle for a paltry sum, since the projects have no lawyers to tell them to gently caress off and sue them into oblivion.

In general, never back a project that's not from an established company (e.g. Obsidian and inXile) and doesn't have a functional prototype (e.g. Undertale).

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Even with an established company, you might get DoubleFine'd, like Spacebase DF-9 or Broken Age.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

fool_of_sound posted:

Even with an established company, you might get DoubleFine'd, like Spacebase DF-9 or Broken Age.

Or you can go the 'Mighty No. 9' route and end up taking visible steps back in the development cycle.

That was such a glorious implosion.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

Or you can go the 'Mighty No. 9' route and end up taking visible steps back in the development cycle.

That was such a glorious implosion.

People still put the blame solely on whats her face for how it turned out.

Anyway, I'm almost done with the .hack GU series, so to celebrate never playing these games again here's a picture of Haseo as a wolf I found on google.

Characters as dogs is just one of those things people inevitably do, isn't it? Why dogs :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

No, Andrew Dickman is every bit as gross as any other furry artist. He just denies it even as he puts the finishing touches on the lovingly-rendered asscheeks of his latest catgirl or another "wacky" revisioning of an existing IP in his own generic style.

He is basically Dobson's soul-brother.

• Locked thread