Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

gently caress Kansas State so hard.

They are one of the 15 FBS schools with a winning record against us (9-7), so every win over them is a step toward erasing a team from that list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Big 12 has a final list of candidates they're interviewing. They are:

-The entire American, minus Tulsa and Navy
-BYU
-Boise State
-Colorado State
-New Mexico
-3 more unidentified schools, so a better question is who is NOT being considered.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Go Colorado State

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

CaptainYesterday posted:

The Big 12 has a final list of candidates they're interviewing. They are:

-The entire American, minus Tulsa and Navy
-BYU
-Boise State
-Colorado State
-New Mexico
-3 more unidentified schools, so a better question is who is NOT being considered.

NDSU, Wisconsin-Whitewater, Cambridge

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The Big 12 was ecstatic that an SEC team applied in Sewanee.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/764211516178661376

lol Northern Illinois

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If there is a just god we will get Big 12 Champions Arkansas State. Add Tulane too so we get Christmas theme Big 12 additions.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Congrats, SA2K, you've made the list!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CaptainYesterday posted:

Congrats, SA2K, you've made the list!

Moral victories!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

https://twitter.com/mcmurphyespn/status/764086215897251840
drat. 14 seems like a way better idea than 12. Wonder if maybe the other schools are trying to limit the possibility of Texas and OU leaving.

I'm surprised Arkansas State and New Mexico are on the list. Although I have thought of Arkansas State as being a good fit geographically (and to steal recruits from Arky), and if I'm not mistaken Texas Tech had a rivalry with New Mexico at one time.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I find the idea of a video interview hilarious.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

No, no, you misunderstand. Thats Northern Iowa!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
New Mexico lmao

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If that's who you plan on asking to the prom, just stay home really

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I see 6 schools on that list that almost definitely can't get in, and another 2 that probably can't get in.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
...jack and poo poo is going to happen, isn't it.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
The funny thing is I'm pretty sure New Mexico was considered, along with BYU, when the Big12 initially formed.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
:barf:

Dear lord just bring back the Pac-16 please

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

drunk leprechaun posted:

The funny thing is I'm pretty sure New Mexico was considered, along with BYU, when the Big12 initially formed.

I mean on the surface it's honestly not any worse than having the second string schools from both Iowa and Kansas in, those two just got lucky and joined a billion years ago.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK so Tulane, UCF and SDSU for maximum cool road games, and then gently caress the rest. Big 13.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sash! posted:

I find the idea of a video interview hilarious.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

PostNouveau posted:

OK so Tulane, UCF and SDSU for maximum cool road games, and then gently caress the rest. Big 13.

Oh man, if we got Tulane, UCF and BYU I would be so happy. BYU because they are the biggest brand up for grabs and and they embarrassed us so badly in our recent home-home, so it's a pseudo-rivalry game. UCF because it's a fun trip and gets us in to the biggest recruiting hotbed in the country and it's a school in Florida with a massive enrollment which probably equals football success in the long run if they commit to it. Tulane because it's a fun trip and gets us in to Louisiana.

In a dream world we would somehow win Colorado back and ditch BYU because fall-winter Boulder trip with Texas Football game gently caress yes. When you get right down to it, adding a lesser team from a sweet vacation destination is the most baller move. It means you can plan a dope vacation that (probably) includes watching your favorite football team win a game. And your team can expand their recruiting territory as a bonus. Although tbf Provo appears to have some gorgeous nature too.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Aw yeah New Mexico is on the list.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
"on"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish this thread decided expansion. This might be the most Tulane to the Big 12 friendly place on the internet.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spacebump posted:

I wish this thread decided expansion. This might be the most Tulane to the Big 12 friendly place on the internet.

I'm down.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Anyone that's possibly worse than Baylor that can give us a free win to get closer to 6 every year baby, all of those are welcome, Bowl Game Baylor Bitch champs 2017 til Big12 Dissolvification baby

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spacebump posted:

I'm a firm believer that the reason why the Big XII's national perception went down is because we don't have enough cupcakes to inflate the win % of the good teams. We have 2 bad teams and one of those has a magical ability to destroy dream seasons in 1-off games.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

I'm a firm believer that the reason why the Big XII's national perception went down is because we don't have enough cupcakes to inflate the win % of the good teams. We have 2 bad teams and one of those has a magical ability to destroy dream seasons in 1-off games.

:911:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I think I'm beginning to make peace with unlv never getting to the p5 and continuing its irrelevance in college athletics

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

I think I'm beginning to make peace with unlv never getting to the p5 and continuing its irrelevance in college athletics

Get good at basketball again soon, thanks

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ross Angeles posted:

Get good at basketball again soon, thanks

It's not gonna happen, sorry.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

kayakyakr posted:

Tulane will be respectable within 2-3 years. I've bought into the Willie Fritz hype. Tulane is actually about to improve because they have a real AD now. No more extending guys after 3 win seasons.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Apparently Rice is one of the 20 schools to apply. While I appreciate the athletic department trying, there's no way that happens; the best case for us is probably that Houston joins the Big XII and Rice takes their spot in the AAC (which is basically C-USA from a decade ago anyway).

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
With 20 teams already I don't get why there are schools that haven't thrown their hat in the ring.

Especially schools like Utah State, Southern Miss, WKU, MTSU, and Wyoming that are on the periphery of the Big 12.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Well its a waste of people's time and money for one.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Wyoming is already in the Big XII.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Thoguh posted:

Wyoming is already in the Big XII.

Barely...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wouldn't mind more schools from those big, empty states sneaking into major conferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Incoherence posted:

Apparently Rice is one of the 20 schools to apply. While I appreciate the athletic department trying, there's no way that happens; the best case for us is probably that Houston joins the Big XII and Rice takes their spot in the AAC (which is basically C-USA from a decade ago anyway).

I dunno, in a vacuum it's not like inviting Rice (who was in a power conference barely 20 years ago) would be any weirder than inviting Tulane.

• Locked thread