Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

You are exactly the kind of goon that would believe a gun would make you as desirable in a woman's eyes as a nice physique.

when the nine pop bitchs panties drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Just want to call out the handful of posters replying with either "close poo poo thread" or half defending said nice-lords or defending MGTOW as insufferable nice guys.

I was expecting many more though. :(

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Nice meltdown

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SneakyFrog posted:

not gonna lie, at one point i had a positively repulsive "gently caress you if you are blahblah blah blah" okcupid profile.

I apologize :smithfrog:

i mean there's a lot of them out there from both genders

i don't understand how a paragraph about everything you hate is thought of as a good intro for prospective genital partners

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

this is the first profile i randomly clicked on right now:

quote:

Here I am again. Hello. I like drinking beer, driving my truck, being bad at fishing but doing it anyway, metal, punk/pop punk, wishing I had more tattoos, and hanging out with my horse. She's a pretty cool chick. And commence the turning and running because horse girls are apparently awful to date.
in what world is being this self defeating attractive to other people? nice guys are legendary for this but it happens to other people too

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

SneakyFrog posted:

can we at least get a robe and a wizard hat?

Jukeboxblues posted:

Hello I'm here for the prize.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Business Gorillas posted:

in what world is being this self defeating attractive to other people? nice guys are legendary for this but it happens to other people too

she's right tho they are insane

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guys should love women who are familiar with horses, they're not fazed by anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDfxxzHzeDw

Like that's a part of owning a stallion, is you periodically pry the little impacted concretion of smegma out of his dick. You're used to that. It's no big deal.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Horse girls/women are the worst people on the planet, Pick

The fact that you don't know that tells me you are a wacko

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nah way man, a lot of my friends are horse people

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

:wtc:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

Horse girls/women are the worst people on the planet, Pick

The fact that you don't know that tells me you are a wacko

I have known worse people that horse girls/women, but then again I used to be a fairly questionable person in general.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Like, people who own horses. Not like most of my friends, but a fair number of them from college and etc

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I have never met a non insane horse girl but then again I know mainly insane people because I went to art school so :shrug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

I have never met a non insane horse girl but then again I know mainly insane people because I went to art school so :shrug:

lmao i knew a couple women who were art majors and did dressage

a good sign imho!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pick posted:

lmao i knew a couple women who were art majors and did dressage

a good sign imho!

must be nice to literally never have to worry about money

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I knew a girl who masturbated naked with a pvc pipe with a balloon filled with white paint attached to it in front of an entire classroom

art school

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Troposphere posted:

I knew a girl who masturbated naked with a pvc pipe with a balloon filled with white paint attached to it in front of an entire classroom

art school

Weird, that sounds more like a math class.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

must be nice to literally never have to worry about money

They get to live neat lives in some ways but I don't envy them.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Troposphere posted:

art school

I wonder how many of those people just do it because they have an exhibitionism fetish or something.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I worked with horse people all summer last year and I can confirm they are indeed the worst people

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I've always assumed that art school people would try very hard to pretend not to be rich.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

ishikabibble posted:

I wonder how many of those people just do it because they have an exhibitionism fetish or something.

I'm gonna go with 100%

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

ishikabibble posted:

she was a stripper and her final project was inviting everyone to the strip club she worked at to watch her strip

one time she dug a hole in the quad and dressed in a nude unitard and jumped in and out of the hole screaming "BABY HOLE" for hours on end

in her dorm room right at the entrance was a huge picture of her vagina

her dream was to teach art to children

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ffs genitals aren't that fuckin amazing to LOOK at

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

Ffs genitals aren't that fuckin amazing to LOOK at

showing ur vag and putting things in it in public is like the first thing all performance artists do its so boring at this point

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
performance art that relies on sexuality is pretty much a complete waste, much like sex jokes.

has to be something genuinely interesting/inventive and not poo poo that just relies on the audience going: "Feeling awkward huh? HUH?!?!" But I dunno, maybe it works better in the US.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

there was a guy from my high school that apparently became a huge deal in the NYC art scene. his idea behind performance art was doing the stupidest thing he could think of and try and convince people to give him money for it

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Eric Andre has perfected performance art and showing your genitals for performance art everyone else needs to pack up and go home

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

there was a guy from my high school that apparently became a huge deal in the NYC art scene. his idea behind performance art was doing the stupidest thing he could think of and try and convince people to give him money for it

that'll work

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville and welcome to jackass performance art.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Behold my latest performance art piece, in which I parody and ruthlessly critique the common wannabe performance artist cliche of getting naked and or masturbating. *gets naked and masturbates, but provides sarcastic commentary on the artistic significance of each stroke*

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

How did you convince people to give you money to post?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

lazorexplosion posted:

Hi I'm Johnny Knoxville and welcome to jackass performance art.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
my roommate took a performance art class because she knew it would be easy and it filled her with such rage her final project was her opening a bag of Doritos, placing each chip one by one on the floor, stepping on each one, and then going and sitting down in the audience and clapping for herself

she got an A

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I wish all the lovely guys I tried to date had let me known it was just artistic commentary on lovely dating

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

That explains a lot, actually

Troposphere posted:

my roommate took a performance art class because she knew it would be easy and it filled her with such rage her final project was her opening a bag of Doritos, placing each chip one by one on the floor, stepping on each one, and then going and sitting down in the audience and clapping for herself

she got an A

rad

naem
May 29, 2011

A lot of my non-performing art classes turned into performing art classes because none of them could draw well

I can draw well and they all hated me the end

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
You performance artists don't deserve a STEM graduate like me .ppt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I got married pretty young and divorced pretty quickly (less than a year). I initiated the divorce. I felt bad about it but it had to be done.

We have not seen each other in eight years. There has been occasional contact over the years via Facebook. I have no hard feelings so didn't see it as a big deal. At some point my ex-husband converted to Catholicism (lol) and once like five years ago he asked me to participate in the annulment process so he can one day get married again in the Catholic church. I said "yeah, sure" and gave him an address to send the paperwork to. It never came.

He had been living on the east coast, and somehow moved to the city I was moving to like two months before me.

Ex asked me again to participate in the annulment process and I said, "yeah, sure, e-mail me the paperwork." He said he HAD to mail it to me and "To keep things on an even playing field you will find mine below" and gave me his address. wtf? Why would I want your address?

Other gems:

"I still double take every time I see a white CAR MODEL or dark CAR MODEL, even though both are likely long gone."

"My go to comfort food is still stir fry and Dr. Pepper since it was one the first things we cooked together. (Maybe not so much Dr. Pepper now since I cut soda out but apple juice!)"

"Band came through City the other week, I found myself kind of hoping you would be there." (I knew he would be there as it was his favorite band so I specifically did not go to this concert).

Again. We have been divorced for EIGHT YEARS. He's also been engaged in the interim years.

Needless to say, I blocked him on Facebook and did not give him my address.

• Locked thread