Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

paragon1 posted:

Black Lives Matter do have goals/a list of demands, and one of them is the cessation of the War on Drugs and the repeal of the 1996 crime bill, just FYI.

Oh no Qualnor's one weakness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

paragon1 posted:

Black Lives Matter do have goals/a list of demands, and one of them is the cessation of the War on Drugs and the repeal of the 1996 crime bill, just FYI.

nah

http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/

buncha safe space nonsense

BBC says this: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34023751

quote:

Ending "broken windows" policing, which aggressively polices minor crimes in an attempt to stop larger ones
using community oversight for misconduct rather than having police decide what consequences officers face
making standards for reporting police use of deadly force
independently investigating and prosecuting police misconduct
having the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve
requiring officers to wear body cameras
providing more training for police officers
ending for-profit policing practices
ending the police use of military equipment
implementing police union contracts that hold officers accountable for misconduct

But that's not on the blm website somebody ought to add that, maybe stick it after "Black Villages" because that's...not a call for segregation. I dunno, herstorically speaking you'd think you'd wanna avoid that kinda thing

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

http://www.blacklivesmattersyllabus.com/michelle-alexander-on-the-war-of-drugs/

Again, decentralized movement. This is the second result if you google "Black Lives Matter War on Drugs"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Quick, someone call up the president of black lives matter and get them to respond to 8-bit scholar's complaints

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

8-Bit Scholar posted:

nah

But that's not on the blm website somebody ought to add that, maybe stick it after "Black Villages" because that's...not a call for segregation. I dunno, herstorically speaking you'd think you'd wanna avoid that kinda thing

lol you're a loving moron who can't read

so tell me, what qualifies as "safe space nonsense" on the website that you linked to? I'll bet it's the stuff where they are pro-trans.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nevvy Z posted:

saying dumb things and being called dumb over and over isn't a very good strategy for trolling.

he's real bad at it

he literally just dropped all lives matter

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
My stepfather has taken to silly rants on Facebook and I avoided the poop until recently.

stepfather posted:

Charity ? After careful consideration I have decided that the liberals win. Yes it's true. I now feel it's best to be charitable with other people's money just like they do. In fact, I am feel so strongly about it that I want to start giving away other people's money right away starting with the liberals first. So please contact me if you are one of those people who feels we should all do more to bring awareness to whatever cause. I am not feeling so good about my recent lack of charity and letting me give away your liberal money will not only help others but make me feel GREAT. chirp, chirp - crickets will be out as I'm sure no liberals will be sending me checks to help others.

I couldn't respond with anything approaching seriousness, but will post a pic later. I'm always more blown away by how infuriating Libertarians can be while easy to talk to normally.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Black Villages posted:

We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

Hmm, it doesn't sound like segregation at all. It's using a literary technique called a metaphor, in which a well-understood concept that's not really literally in the idea, is used for a conceptual trait to explain the idea. I know reading comprehension is hard for some but metaphors are part of it.

Another phrase that uses the village metaphor is, "it takes a village to raise a child."

I like this Black Villages idea because it challenges the isolation of the individual brought about by our capitalist ways.

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 12, 2016

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

8-Bit Scholar posted:

nah

Yeah so even the site you linked has several sections about reforming the criminal justice system scattered but I guess you prefer to keep outing yourself as unable to understand basic literary devices and the difference between a policy and a principle. You'd think that you might take one second for self reflection instead of doubling down on being wrong but no you would rather scream into the void.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

http://www.blacklivesmattersyllabus.com/michelle-alexander-on-the-war-of-drugs/

Again, decentralized movement. This is the second result if you google "Black Lives Matter War on Drugs"

Oh okay so the first google site that says it is the official BLM website isn't to be taken as the official stance of the organization, so when bringing up evidence that the movement is badly organized and doesn't have a clear goal to achieve, the counter argument is that it totally does, just on another completely different website, under a different search heading.

archangelwar posted:

Yeah so even the site you linked has several sections about reforming the criminal justice system scattered

gently caress, what a clear-cut objective, god drat these realistic attainable goals are so concrete and clear, goddamn my dick and balls

paragon1 posted:

I'll bet it's the stuff where they are pro-trans.

Nah, it was the stuff where they talk about black women where they want to make a safe space for them that affirms them

there's a lot of affirmation going on, these guys are pretty big on affirmative action I guess

Also do any of you guys have any thoughts on the Loving Engagement section I think perhaps you may not have, I feel as though the message there has been lost.

Y'know personally I think affirmation is kind of a pointless goal to advocate for and if you want to organize and make actual political change maybe have a concrete goal in mind, that list I linked to had a bunch maybe do those instead of blocking off roads or voting for Hillary "super predator" Clinton.

Stinky_Pete posted:

I like this Black Villages idea because it challenges the isolation of the individual brought about by our capitalist ways.

Yes yes, a collectivist utopia is truly just a sunrise away. We'll pave the way to the future with a road of metaphors.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh okay so the first google site that says it is the official BLM website isn't to be taken as the official stance of the organization, so when bringing up evidence that the movement is badly organized and doesn't have a clear goal to achieve, the counter argument is that it totally does, just on another completely different website, under a different search heading.

gently caress, what a clear-cut objective, god drat these realistic attainable goals are so concrete and clear, goddamn my dick and balls

Nah, it was the stuff where they talk about black women where they want to make a safe space for them that affirms them

there's a lot of affirmation going on, these guys are pretty big on affirmative action I guess

Also do any of you guys have any thoughts on the Loving Engagement section I think perhaps you may not have, I feel as though the message there has been lost.

Y'know personally I think affirmation is kind of a pointless goal to advocate for and if you want to organize and make actual political change maybe have a concrete goal in mind, that list I linked to had a bunch maybe do those instead of blocking off roads or voting for Hillary "super predator" Clinton.

Yes yes, a collectivist utopia is truly just a sunrise away. We'll pave the way to the future with a road of metaphors.

A libertarian making fun of people for unobtainable goals, huh.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That's all I really have to say about that post, the rest speaks for itself.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

paragon1 posted:

That's all I really have to say about that post, the rest speaks for itself.

All tuckered out after a long day.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

8-Bit Scholar posted:

All tuckered out after a long day.

Nah, you're just completely worthless and vile in really obvious ways, so I feel no need to comment further.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Loving Engagement posted:

We are committed to embodying and practicing justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

Seems good to me

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Stinky_Pete posted:

Seems good to me

Tch, working for an end to violence in their community, what a bunch of safe space whackadoos :jerkbag:

Why can't they work towards practical, workable goals like electing Gary Johnson president and ending the Fed?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I have never felt the need for a safe space, but then again, I am privileged af so I also feel like I don't have the perspective necessary to blanket write off the concept?? That's my story, peace.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Literally The Worst posted:

he's real bad at it

he literally just dropped all lives matter

I'm literally the worst

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm literally the worst

That's true!

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So articles that discuss specific actions concerning police reform, discuss specific passage of bills, lays out demands for specific cities to enact specific measures, etc. etc. etc. don't count as attainable, concrete goals? You are an unbelievably moronic poo poo-stain who is apparently illiterate as well as insufferable.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

8-Bit Scholar posted:

They guy that demanded he have a safe space from critics is mocking people for wanting a safe space. How ironic.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm high so here's an autistic analogy

Libertarianism and the NAP make perfect sense in an MMO-like world where there's an auctionhouse where everybody sees all prices in the entire market at once in ascending order, and nobody has to worry about food and you respawn when you die. When we can get our world to resemble that, then we'll be at a point beyond which only the barebones libertarian principles need apply.

A social safety net is like a way of respawning when you die financially. Having a house and food and utilities all the time is how we attain the state of not needing to eat or maintain hygiene long enough to participate in the world economy with labor and spending. MMO characters enjoy the freedom to log in and out of their participation on a whim, but we can think of their logged off time as the sheltered sleep that humans need in order to return to the economy/game with the same mental and physical energy as before. If you can get to a certain level then you will "die" with less probability and no longer use the respawn system, but not everyone can get to that level because they picked a lovely but necessary class with a low cap. This also allows people with lower incomes to risk more on starting their own business.

Government is what we do together to make the world more like that digital Platonic world of forms. The more we resemble that ideal environment, the less additional government action will be required.

Maybe libertarians just think the Internet already made life exactly like an MMO.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

8-Bit Scholar posted:

And no, I'm not advocating a return to the era of the Triangle Hat fire and loving child workers. Again, I'm of the apparently astonishing position that perhaps there's a middle ground to be found.

You're advocating for a candidate whose platform is to remove all of the laws and protections that were put in place to prevent just loving that from happening again. Another Triangle Shirt Waist, or Battle of Blair Mountain, is inevitable under the policy that the Libertarian Party has written into their platform, because they propose to remove every legal control that prevents the sort of behavior on the part of capitalist business owners that caused it in the first place.

The 'middle ground' you keep preaching here has nothing to do with the espoused policy goals of your candidate, and you just sound more and more delusional when you argue for it but can't support it with policy statements. Here, go read their goddamn party platform so you know what base you're arguing from: https://www.lp.org/platform

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Liquid Communism posted:

Here, go read their goddamn party platform so you know what base you're arguing from: https://www.lp.org/platform

The official Libertarian Party website looks exactly like a lovely WordPress template from 2008. Like, I'm actually embarrassed for them. You'd think after the Ron Paul Revolution they could afford to hire a real web designer.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Ahhhhh, the age old libertarian failure to recognize that regulations and labor laws did not just spring into life, we had to put them in place because companies kept loving up people and things.

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.
Heh, this guy is even stupider than the common true believer. I wait for the inevitable, "Laugh at my dancing, puppets!"

Some of these latest posts are especially dumb, like https://www.johnsonweld.com/issues doesn't specificly mention any position things like cucurbit relations or contemporary lanatus drilling so does that mean I can automatically assume Johnson/all of his supporters are for/against?

Checkmate lolbertarian!

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Curvature of Earth posted:

The official Libertarian Party website looks exactly like a lovely WordPress template from 2008. Like, I'm actually embarrassed for them. You'd think after the Ron Paul Revolution they could afford to hire a real web designer.

Wow, it really does. Even the Greens have them beat. And in the process of verifying that, I learned that apparently a Mortal Kombat character is on the Green ticket, increasing my likelyhood of voting for them by roughly a million percent.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

say no to scurvy posted:

Heh, this guy is even stupider than the common true believer. I wait for the inevitable, "Laugh at my dancing, puppets!"

Some of these latest posts are especially dumb, like https://www.johnsonweld.com/issues doesn't specificly mention any position things like cucurbit relations or contemporary lanatus drilling so does that mean I can automatically assume Johnson/all of his supporters are for/against?

Checkmate lolbertarian!

Gary Johnson posted:

In a healthy economy that allows the market to function unimpeded, consumers, innovators, and personal choices will do more to bring about environmental protection and restoration than will government regulations driven by special interests. Too often, when Washington, D.C. gets involved, the winners are those with the political clout to write the rules of the game, and the losers are the people and businesses actually trying to innovate.

When it comes to global climate change, Johnson and Weld believe that the politicians in Washington, D.C. are having the wrong debate.

...the critical question is whether the politicians’ efforts to regulate, tax and manipulate the private sector are cost-effective – or effective at all. The debate should be about how we can protect our resources and environment for future generations. Governors Johnson and Weld strongly believe that the federal government should prevent future harm by focusing on regulations that protect us from real harm, rather than needlessly costing American jobs and freedom in order to pursue a political agenda.

Protect the Environment. Promote Competition. Incentivize Innovation.

Hmm, yes, I can't wait for the incentivized innovators of the free market to reduce global warming. Why, there are dozens of private, free-market solutions solving climate change, held in obscurity under the repressive thumb of the Clean Air Act.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Potentially of interest given recent topics of discussion: https://thinkprogress.org/fcc-loses-public-internet-fight-c1996bc76f08

quote:

In a preemptive move last year, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) passed an order that gave cities the power to build their own broadband networks. The order was part of the agency’s larger plan to extend public internet access to primarily rural communities, often out of reach of major, privately-owned networks.

But the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit ruled against the FCC’s municipal broadband order this week, determining that it went beyond the agency’s abilities set forth by Congress. The problem was the order preempted two state laws in Wilson, N.C. and Chattanooga, Tennessee that banned local governments from building public internet networks that competed with major broadband providers, such as Verizon and AT&T.

“Rural communities want to build the networks themselves…It’s a political fight at this moment.”

Approximately 20 states have similar laws on the books that restrict cities from expanding or building public internet networks. With help from industry trade group USTelecom, the states sued the FCC to preserve the laws.

The all-Republican, three-judge panel ruled almost unanimously against FCC’s order with Judge Helene White concurring and dissenting in part. White sided with the FCC regarding its broadband regulation in North Carolina, saying the law directly conflicts with the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

Republican FCC commissioners Michael O’Rielly and Ajit Pai, who also voted against net neutrality in 2015, said celebrated the court’s decision as a win for states’ rights and against government overreach.

The FCC could appeal the ruling to the full appellate court or to the U.S. Supreme Court.

“ Although this saga may not end here, I am heartened by Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals’ decision,” O’Rielly said in a statement. “Unless Congress specifically authorizes FCC intervention, States rightly can limit government-operated broadband networks in order to protect their citizens’ pocketbooks and good senses. Contrary to some beliefs, municipal networks are not panaceas to solving any lack of ubiquitous broadband, but instead unfairly distort the marketplace.”

Pai concurred, saying that he warned in his original dissent against the order that the FCC was overstepping it’s statute-given powers.

“I warned that the FCC lacked the power to preempt these Tennessee and North Carolina laws and that doing so would usurp fundamental aspects of state sovereignty,” Pai said in a statement. “Rather than wasting its time on illegal efforts to intrude on the prerogatives of state governments, the FCC should focus on implementing a broadband deployment agenda to eliminate regulatory barriers that discourage those in the private sector from deploying and upgrading next-generation networks.”

But supporters of public internet say that despite this week’s legal loss, progress has still been made against laws that restrict cities and states from building their own broadband networks.

“The passing of these laws have been stalled,” said Josh Stager, lead policy counsel for Washington, D.C.-based think tank New America. “Rural communities want to build the networks themselves. The FCC preempting the laws wasn’t the only avenue of attack. A big repeal effort is underway. It’s a political fight at this moment.”

Thank god the strangling hand of the distant, faceless Federal Government has been swatted away from interfering in the peoples' own governments and their right to blatantly protect corporate interests, now we can all get to work on organizing the local repeal effort as the lord intended, which is better than a distant, faceless Federal Government stranglehold on the plutocracy because *fffffaarrrt*

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

From a while back, but I never want to miss the opportunity to make this point.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I know more about his platform than half of the posters here, since you seem to be equating States Rights as 1:1 to pro-discrimination laws, which hardly seems fair.

From the horse's mouth:

"Democratic governor George Wallace of Alabama, who famously declared in his inaugural address in 1963, "Segregation now! Segregation tomorrow! Segregation forever!"—later remarked that he should have said, "States' rights now! States' rights tomorrow! States' rights forever!"

From the wiki on states rights, referencing directly George Wallace. And oh yeah guy who wrote the speech libertarian with a radio program, "On liberty". They are equal. They are absolutely loving equal!

Deimus
Aug 17, 2012

Goon Danton posted:

Guys, the DNC platform is just a bunch of words, the only thing that matters is successful actions. That's why I support the Libertarian Party, which

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:laffo:
From "gee, I just want to end the wars" to "who needs evidence that Clinton is a serial killer when I can take the word of crazy people that she is" to "hey guys I have opinions about black people not knowing their place" in four pages. Even for a libertarian that's quick.

E: If black people really wanted to help themselves out they'd vote for states' rights.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 13, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VitalSigns posted:

:laffo:
From "gee, I just want to end the wars" to "who needs evidence that Clinton is a serial killer when I can take the word of crazy people that she is" to "hey guys I have opinions about black people not knowing their place" in four pages. Even for a libertarian that's quick.

E: If black people really wanted to help themselves out they'd vote for states' rights.

Well, there was that one guy who hit the ground running with "Blacks should be locked in Africa, except not because they'd still need our foreign aid".

White Coke
May 29, 2015
8-Bit says that if the states who wanted to oppress LGBTQ people were able to do so once the tyrannical yoke of the federal government was removed did so, then LGBTQ people should engage in political action to win back the rights, guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, stolen from them. But when Black Lives Matters protests systemic racism against African-Americans, 8-Bit has nothing but contempt for them. But it's not like the oppression of LGBTQ people in America is an abstract, it's already going on in many states and being fought against. What do you have to say about their efforts 8-Bit? Are they not focusing enough on the War on Drugs?

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
Oh man, he pulled a "safe spaces." I love how people literally heard the term, made no effort whatsoever to find out what those things (which are not at all common) are actually like, and got FURIOUS about what they imagined they must be like. If you have trouble with the existence of a place where LGBT people can hang out and you're not allowed to call them fags, the problem isn't with that place.

Anyway, going back a bit:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The Affordable Care Act, aka "Obamacare", a slang moniker embraced by the Obama administration that now refers to the system, which creates a health insurance marketplace. This marketplace sucks rear end in a top hat and everybody hates it except for the insurance companies.
My ACA health plan isn't ideal, but pre-ACA the insurance companies response when I tried to get insurance was "haha no gently caress you." The for-profit health care industry totally failed me and basically everyone I know who doesn't make six figures. I wish it were better, but considering I'm able to get the treatment I need for sleep apnea and rheumatoid arthritis, I'm deeply grateful for the ACA making it so that I'm not slowly dying from entirely treatable conditions. Likewise, all the people I know who do freelance or contract work finally have health insurance and don't have to worry about having to choose between death or bankruptcy every time they feel a weird pain. So no, you are objectively wrong when you say that everybody hates it except for the insurance companies. Granted, that's a testament to just how badly the free market hosed things up in the US and I'd rather have something like the NHS in the UK, but for me it's a massive improvement over the shitshow we had pre-ACA.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
This thread has been moving way too fast since 8-bit got in, and there's been a few places where I've wanted to respond, but instead there's like 100 more replies.

8-bit, I have an interesting distinction in that I know more about Gary FeelsMyJohnson than most of my Libertarian friends. No, I'm not voting for him.

Your responses to this thread very much mirror the philosophy of praexology (sp?) in that you ignore all of history, even very recent history, which disproves your points. From this, I have to assume one (or more) of the following about you:

1) You're very young.
2) You're ignorant of history and current events, especially those that don't directly affect your life.
3) You're a single issue-voter, and that single issue is :420:
4) To such end, you're willing to espouse the dogma of "smaller government, states rights" so you can get baked everyday.
5) You really don't care what happens to anyone else, and if some modicum of good came out of being able to toke it up without "the man" busting down your door, then all the better for it.
6) You really are a terrible, unfunny troll.

I know you really care about pot, and think that the best way to get pot legislation is through the states. Some states will change, but you will have to change the federal government, not just "let the states have at". Besides, your pet issue of pot is intertwined with all the other issues we liberals care about.

In all of the 13 states where gay marriage was illegal, only 2 have legalized medical usage.
In the 9 states with the strictest ID laws "no ID, no vote", none have legalized any form of usage. In contrast, of the 17 states with no voter ID laws, only 4 have not legalized any form of marijuana usage.
6 states have no minimum wage laws. 2 allow medical usage.
15 states have a minimum wage set at or below the federal rate. Only 1 of these states allow medical usage.

These are just three key issues; same-sex marriage, voter ID laws, and minimum wage. We can go further. Every state that currently or has in recent history (as in within the past 5 years) had a record of passing regressive, oppressive, and "freedom-limiting" laws also limit pot usage. Giving these states the right to do with these issues as they will, is a guarantee that none of these states will pass laws that open up more freedoms to more people. In fact, let's look at one more interesting statistic.

The 13 states where gay marriage was illegal, only 2 voted for Obama in 2012, but all went hardcore Republican in 2014.
The 9 states with the strictest ID laws, only 1 voted for Obama in 2012, all went Republican in 2014.
The 6 states with no minimum wage laws, only 1 went Obama in 2012, and the same state voted Democrat in 2014
The 15 states with "at or below", 4 went Obama in 2012, all went Republican in 2014.

Why does this matter? These states that have these laws, that voted this way, have voted for Republican representatives. Republicans are, for the most part, the Libertarian Party's ideological cousins, and the one party that Johnson will work with (because Johnson is really just a warmed over turd of a Republican governor, just with a different label). You both go on about a limited federal government, and expanded states rights. And while you think President Johnson will be a boon for states rights, the majority of people clamoring for states rights also want to ban marijuana, ban same-sex marriage, enact laws that disenfranchise voters to further entrench their power hold on state legislatures, and (as with Libertarians) would eliminate the one barrier that keeps employers from completely loving over their workers.

These states would repeal the ACA which has allowed more people than ever to actually get health insurance (it's not perfect and I would prefer a single-payer system); enact "Restoration of Freedom of Religion Act" like legislation ushering in a new era of segregation and discrimination; eliminate welfare or any kind of assistance for poor and needy families; severely curtail the first amendment; and much more. Fail a drug test of any kind? You should be immediately arrested and placed on trail for possession.

These are people who would love to see people on welfare forced to sell their possessions, literally castrated, forced to live in work-camps, basic rights (like voting) taken away, their children ripped away from them and placed in foster care (which just means child labor camps to them); because if you want these luxuries you should get a "good" job. Oh, wait, that was a Libertarian who wrote that. One who is voting for Feeling Gary's Johnson.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Before Obama care I paid for health insurance that turned out to be literally impossible to use when I needed it.

After Obama care I got temporary free insurance that got me the treatment I needed to be able to loving walk again. now that I have a job it's nice to know that the insurance I pay for will actually be usable. It ain't perfect but I'll take it over what we used to have.

Really the biggest thing was twisting the insurance world's arm to make them do what they were actually supposed to. For profit insurance as before would have just left me a cripple which kind of dampers one's prospects, you know what I'm saying?

Most of the care I've gotten in my life I didn't pay for. You know what society got out of that investment? Another programmer. You know, that absurdly useful computer science skill set that makes modern society work? I do that. And I'm good at it. Score one for Obama care.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Does that say "internet web memes?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Man I wish I could spend 30k on rare Pepe's