Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I imagine how he's talking about how Dio (he doesn't' say DIO) was literally free to do anything he wanted once he graduated college, George loved Dio and he would have had endless Joestar money without having to dick anyone over whatsoever. But he's Dio and that's what he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Moltrey posted:

I imagine how he's talking about how Dio (he doesn't' say DIO) was literally free to do anything he wanted once he graduated college, George loved Dio and he would have had endless Joestar money without having to dick anyone over whatsoever. But he's Dio and that's what he does.

Basically it, yeah, along with those bits about having "the devil's own luck."

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
Ah. My mistake. Yeah, Dio could've lived a good life. It's more or less seen in Diego, since he's not really evil as much as a dick. Diego with The World (was he called DIO too?) was still pretty evil though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's more called Diego From Another World

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Diego with The World was generally more in-line with Classic DIO than Scary Monsters Diego.

Though Scary Monsters Diego still gold digs an old woman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You don't become king of Manhattan without marrying a few old women.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

You don't become king of England without marrying a few old women.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

It is not enough that he succeeds, others must fail.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Didn't Dio's father say he was smart and that the world was his for the taking after all?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

wit til he gets to the ultra jump parts where everyone's faces look the same

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Cinderella is also said to change someone's fate. Kira likes to talk about how fate is on his side, which is why it's ironic that he's run over by an ambulance.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

fractalairduct posted:

Cinderella is also said to change someone's fate. Kira likes to talk about how fate is on his side, which is why it's ironic that he's run over by an ambulance.

Not only that, but that it specifically rips his face off in doing so, it's kinda like fate going "gently caress your poo poo, this fate aint yours"

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

FirstAidKite posted:

Not only that, but that it specifically rips his face off in doing so, it's kinda like fate going "gently caress your poo poo, this fate aint yours"

This Cinderella stuff is going a lot deeper than we may have initially figured. :stare:

I could list more instances where luck helps Dio an insane amount (the rising sun instantly killing a vampire that he made on accident really stands out) but it's really funny to me that Dio seems to be the only villain who is such a control freak that he doesn't trust fate at all, and yet either a lot of things fall in his favor anyway or they would if he just stopped acting like a dick.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So I was going to brush my teeth and I picked up my toothbrush when I started looking for the toothpaste but there wasn't any out, I find that kinda suspicious but open up a box anyway and when i'm about to put some on my toothbrush it turns out i'm actually holding the half-empty toothpaste and my toothbrush was with the other brushes. Is an Enemy Stand attacking me? or is my own stand starting to manifest??

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So I was going to brush my teeth and I picked up my toothbrush when I started looking for the toothpaste but there wasn't any out, I find that kinda suspicious but open up a box anyway and when i'm about to put some on my toothbrush it turns out i'm actually holding the half-empty toothpaste and my toothbrush was with the other brushes. Is an Enemy Stand attacking me? or is my own stand starting to manifest??

P. sure that's just King Crimson

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You probably have a carbon monoxide leak.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

BaDandy posted:

This Cinderella stuff is going a lot deeper than we may have initially figured. :stare:

I just assume they are happy little accidents.

Dio tho, after spending 100 years under the sea he seemed to enjoy this new idea of gravity bringing things together that need to be together in order to fulfill his true idea of what the world should be like. Part 3 has his goal ultimately being that he wants to eliminate the joestar lineage stop time indefinitely, tho part 6 has his plan go further with him wanting the world to also just exist in a state where everyone and everything will know their past, present, and future, with it all being predestined and unchangeable and known and accepted.

I forget, did Dio have his stand when he met Pucci? He only got it recently by the time of stardust crusaders and I think he and pucci were hanging out only as recently as a year before then maybe?? I'm not sure. It'd at least explain why dio's plan would change from "Everyone will be happy and I will know all because everyone will know their path in life and be forced to accept it" to "oh poo poo I got me some joseph blood, I'm gonna train until I can stop time indefinitely, that'll do pretty much the same thing"

Butt Ox posted:

P. sure that's just King Crimson

Yea you got diavolo'd

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I can't recall exactly if DIO had The World when he and Pucci first met, but didn't he give Pucci an arrowhead as a parting gift/way to meet up again? And then the arrow stabs the poo poo out of Pucci's neck later during his backstory stuff, giving him and Weather stands. So at that point DIO must have at least known what the arrow does to worthy people.

And when they're hanging out later he definitely has The World and jams Pucci's fingers into his own brain to see if Pucci will take his stand disc. You know, normal friend stuff.

sanguinary
Nov 2, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I forget, did Dio have his stand when he met Pucci? He only got it recently by the time of stardust crusaders and I think he and pucci were hanging out only as recently as a year before then maybe?? I'm not sure. It'd at least explain why dio's plan would change from "Everyone will be happy and I will know all because everyone will know their path in life and be forced to accept it" to "oh poo poo I got me some joseph blood, I'm gonna train until I can stop time indefinitely, that'll do pretty much the same thing"

Dio had his stand, but the World's time stop powers manifested around the same time as Pucci's stand/when Pucci started regularly hanging around with Dio. They met in approximately Jan 1988 when Dio hid in the church, and Pucci forgot all about him until Perla died and he has his meltdown in the river. They picked up contact right after that in approximately July/Aug, six months before the final confrontation in Egypt.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
DIO also wrote the way to achieve Heaven on The World, not sure how he did that.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

DIO also wrote the way to achieve Heaven on The World, not sure how he did that.

Maybe he enlisted the help of baby Rohan

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

underneath The World's mask is a sick rear end forehead tattoo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the answer is 'he's a vampire'

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
He hid it on the oxygen tanks

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
DIO having this massive revelation about how to achieve Heaven, but has nothing to write on so he just starts scrawling furiously on The World

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

poo poo, baby Rohan didn't have a stand. I've blown my own theory WIDE OPEN

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone have a full gif of Josuke going out the window?

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
http://twitter.com/bugliker/status/764163345905627136

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Any news about a part 3 dub?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Viz is doing one, no ETA on when they're releasing it though. They might release Parts 1 and 2 on BluRay first, maybe?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Didn't want to post this in the anime thread:

Everyone kept posting about how good the next arc of DiU is so I broke down and read the manga.

yo...........

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
noooo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Everyone kept posting about how good the next arc of DiU is so I broke down and read the manga.

yo...........

I can't believe you would break down and read a 24 to 21 year old manga because you're too impatient to wait eleven months.

You monster.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

yo...........

Good work

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

yo...........

You made the right choice, friend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even read the manga

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that it's true
Cause I think JoJo is so good
and I don't read the manga

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

yo...........
Hell yeah my man

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 14, 2016

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

yo...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

yo...........

Welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Butt Ox posted:

poo poo, baby Rohan didn't have a stand. I've blown my own theory WIDE OPEN

I refuse to accept Rohan as anything but a natural stand user

BaDandy posted:

game theory:Aya tsuji was the real hero of Part 4

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

yo...........

Guddo!