Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That is only a slight exaggeration of some of the druggies I've known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NotAnArtist posted:

Quick someone shop 'Christ what an rear end in a top hat' into the last panel

I would have figured "Christ, I'm an rear end in a top hat" would have worked better.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
MM&O is somehow fascinatingly obscene and obnoxious. Lovecraft would have written a story about it, full of foreshadowing.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

The day 1 patch is actually really crazy.

Johnny Aztec posted:

WOW SO CRAZY I just can't believe what was in it. Hey guys, check out thes CRAY~ZEEE Patch notes that everyone already knows about evidently.
You won't believe what was in them! Just click here!~

What

Nitrox has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Aug 12, 2016

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Nitrox posted:

WOW SO CRAZY I just can't believe what was in it. Hey guys, check out thes CRAY~ZEEE Patch notes that everyone already knows about evidently.
You won't believe what was in them! Just click here!~

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Nitrox posted:

i was personally more of a fan of the day 1 realization that this game isn't actually multi-player at all and was sold on lies and now the devs are trying to cover their asses.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rysithusiku posted:

i was personally more of a fan of the day 1 realization that this game isn't actually multi-player at all and was sold on lies and now the devs are trying to cover their asses.

Isn't that why you don't need PS+ to use the network features? Because it wasn't multiplayer?

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
The coverage I saw of it like a month ago was "technically multiplayer but so huge you'll probably never see anyone."

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I think they were expecting it to take longer for two people to go to the same place at the same time and discover the truth.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rysithusiku posted:

A Kickstarter game sold on unrealistic promises and flat-out lies? Surely you speak voodoo.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Nitrox posted:

I was actually going to post this up as a rare somewhat chortle-inducing Penny Arcade, but :effort:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I assumed maybe it was like Dark Souls' messages, where you'd see if other people have discovered the planet/alien first and that's mostly it.

Is that at least true? That seemed decent to me. Frankly I'm more interested now that it's released, and I find out that it's basically an ARK-style early access open survival game, only single-player and finished. ...So basically, nothing like those games given it lacks the most obvious thing with them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

mind the walrus posted:

A Kickstarter game sold on unrealistic promises and flat-out lies? Surely you speak voodoo.

"It's better than nothing"?

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I don't like that comic and I don't think other people should like that comic.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Cleretic posted:

I assumed maybe it was like Dark Souls' messages, where you'd see if other people have discovered the planet/alien first and that's mostly it.

Is that at least true? That seemed decent to me. Frankly I'm more interested now that it's released, and I find out that it's basically an ARK-style early access open survival game, only single-player and finished. ...So basically, nothing like those games given it lacks the most obvious thing with them.

Nobody made multiplayer claims, you're naming whatever you discover and other people supposed to see that, nothing more. Annoyingly, Steam will not let it be tagged as "single player" for some lovely reason. The issue with the game is slightly different, see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgfxo3CLdNM The schadenfreude is on everyone who bought the Playstation version, because good luck getting updates. Developers swear up and down that massive updates and improvements are coming, and the above-mentioned Day1 patch is going to add a ton of content. And if other games (Warframe) are anything to judge by, PS4 players will be hosed because Sony takes weeks to approve patches, while on PC those suckers can go out in hours.

Here is a patch in question http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

Nitrox has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Aug 12, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nitrox posted:

Nobody made multiplayer claims, you're naming whatever you discover and other people supposed to see that, nothing more. Annoyingly, Steam will not let it be tagged as "single player" for some lovely reason. The issue with the game is slightly different, see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgfxo3CLdNM The schadenfreude is on everyone who bought the Playstation version, because good luck getting updates. Developers swear up and down that massive updates and improvements are coming, and the above-mentioned Day1 patch is going to add a ton of content. And if other games (Warframe) are anything to judge by, PS4 players will be hosed because Sony takes weeks to approve patches, while on PC those suckers can go out in hours.

Here is a patch in question http://www.no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

The patch was already released on PS4. The "ton of content" is already in there.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The patch was already released on PS4. The "ton of content" is already in there.
I didn't play it on PS4, because of the above-mentioned issue with Sony and patches. 12 months from now, this game is going to be a steal for 1/3 of the price and whatever additional content that will be added in that time. Hell, I'm now happily playing the entire Borderlands series for $30, all DLC included.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

oldpainless posted:

why

Unmature
May 9, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Wrong on both counts.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So at what point does Werewolf Jones get murdered?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Are these archived somewhere? I remember there being more than what's on Vice.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

http://www.fantagraphics.com/artists/simon-hanselmann

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Lotish posted:

So at what point does Werewolf Jones get murdered?

He kills himself. On Christmas. This year.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
RIP ww jones

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kulkasha posted:

He kills himself. On Christmas. This year.

This blog post says Xmas next year:
http://girlmountain.tumblr.com/post/142760327922/xmas-2017-slowly-creeping-closer

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Whoops

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's wrong with the owl?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Karate Bastard posted:

What's wrong with the owl?

He likes Frasier

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sick filth.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
One'a them peckers is going to get mightily surprised when they find out that they have a real hoot at the festival.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

oldpainless posted:

At least it's not Achewood :jerkbag:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

At what point do I not want all of these things to just go away? I just don't want to know about them.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

MM&O is somehow fascinatingly obscene and obnoxious. Lovecraft would have written a story about it, full of foreshadowing.

Yea, like I dread reading each panel, just assuming it will contain some hosed up thing I don't want to think about.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

I like this a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

bongwizzard posted:

Yea, like I dread reading each panel, just assuming it will contain some hosed up thing I don't want to think about.

This is exactly why I think they are good comics and like reading them.

• Locked thread