Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I just realized that the wheel is covered in burning eyes. The more crazy old testament angel stuff we get the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

A.o.D. posted:

names can be a lot of things. Allison is just a name, and not a good one, because she's no one's son.

Some names are descriptions of character, like the angels.

Others are mission statements, like Murder the gods and topple their thrones.

I wouldn't be surprised if Himself was a rubric of some kind.

Finally some names are prophecies so strong that they border on Fact, like Al-Yis-Un, Kill Six Billion Demons.
:eng101: "-on" is a French diminutive suffix (like -ette) so Allison means "Little Alice", not "Son of Alice".

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PFlats posted:

:eng101: "-on" is a French diminutive suffix (like -ette) so Allison means "Little Alice", not "Son of Alice".

Nordic patronymics sacked and pillaged your pitiful Gallic naming conventions!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Giant Ethicist posted:

Me too! I hang my head in shame.
None of that now. The comic will not take an irresolute reader. It's why it was unreadable to you.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Shatter Six Billion Tea Cups

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

A.o.D. posted:

Nordic patronymics sacked and pillaged your pitiful Gallic naming conventions!

her name is alice-un anyway. if the king of the universe messes up your name you just kind of switch it i think

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Excuse me, she is the new king of the universe.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

He is an ex-king.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Like "former" and "new" and "past" and "future" have any real meaning when you are one with the Godhead.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Ha, you think anyone will be left alive.

There were a fair number of survivors last time. Granted Autie Mati wasn't a serious combatant that fight so things may go differently.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
allison's name might be why they're all expecting a male heir - they keep calling her "alice" and "alice-un" is a good approximation of her name... except "un" is a title male dieties get.

of course, her name could also be interpreted as al-yisun...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
She is Alice and this is the hell version of the Mad Hatter's tea party.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

nimby posted:

He is an ex-king.

He's just pining for the 8th-dimensional fjords.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I can't wait to find out what idiot saw an angel and thought "oh man, I better jam a spear right into that dude's face!"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The Mentalizer posted:

I can't wait to find out what idiot saw an angel and thought "oh man, I better jam a spear right into that dude's face!"

If you don't try to punk the poo poo out of an angel, how will you ever know for sure you can't do it?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

All those broken tea cups...

poo poo is going to get so very, very real.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Here's the page!

I'm glad someone stopped White Chain from doing a violence on Ingsvld.

Also I love the kappa's old timey fisticuffs pose :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
somebody hosed up hard

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
White Chain's shattered skullface is giving 6 Juggernaut a serious run for his money in the "absolute scariest motherfucker in the room" category.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope harp-head isn't dead. They weren't ripped apart, as far as I can tell, and seem to presently be flying through the air cartoonishly rather than dying horribly, but they are (or, were) in Juggernaut Star's path, and that clearly doesn't seem like a good place to be.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think the guy with the bugface/helmet is the one who interrupted White Chain's prayer, which means they will be departing this banquet shortly

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Roland Jones posted:

I hope harp-head isn't dead. They weren't ripped apart, as far as I can tell, and seem to presently be flying through the air cartoonishly rather than dying horribly, but they are (or, were) in Juggernaut Star's path, and that clearly doesn't seem like a good place to be.

His only hope is that Juggernaut has places to be and thus no time to ensure the kill, anyone who got hit by the wheel is probably dead though.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

This is the dumb motherfucker right here.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

JT Jag posted:

I think the guy with the bugface/helmet is the one who interrupted White Chain's prayer, which means they will be departing this banquet shortly

Oh yeah I meant to say when this page first droppd, turns out bughelm is a lady, probably? Right in the middle of the top panel, you can see the helmet doing an acrobatic pirouette into the background just to the left of her head.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That one sketch gave bughelm's name as Monkey, I think.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That one sketch gave bughelm's name as Monkey, I think.

Monkey has a much more normal helmet.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, you mean blue bughelm.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Demiurge4 posted:

This is the dumb motherfucker right here.

The spearhead has a different, more ornamental, design than the spear that was lodged in White Chain's head.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Cat Mattress posted:

The spearhead has a different, more ornamental, design than the spear that was lodged in White Chain's head.
No, I think Demiurge4 is right. If you look at the panel where White Chain is grabbing it, you can see some of the tassels and stuff below their hands. Most of the fancy bits are just being covered with the way they're gripping it.

The prior panel doesn't have the spear's details because its trying to show motion.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
all we can truthfully say we know is that someone is about to be turned into paste and they're probably blue

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

To be fair, how do you even recognize an angel in this crowd.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

aegof posted:

They're made from stone and fire?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

aegof posted:

They're the combatants that are winning.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Judging from the faces of the people facing White Chain in that middle panel, I think they know exactly what they're looking at.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Where can I order the print edition?

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

Where can I order the print edition?

It won't be out til September 7th but it says Image Comics is putting it out so hike down to your local comics shop and pester them for a reservation I suppose. Or Amazon but then the shops won't see the glory that is K6BD!

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Tar_Squid posted:

It won't be out til September 7th but it says Image Comics is putting it out so hike down to your local comics shop and pester them for a reservation I suppose. Or Amazon but then the shops won't see the glory that is K6BD!

It will also be 3 times more at your local comic shop than on Amazon. I'm, not saying don't support them, but drat do they make it difficult sometimes.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Depends on the shop. My guys pricematch with amazon but I'm pretty sure the place is the owner's passion project and he's been funding it with profits from his bars.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Depends on the shop. My guys pricematch with amazon but I'm pretty sure the place is the owner's passion project and he's been funding it with profits from his bars.

If I could get amazon prices in Pittsburgh I would be at my comic shop three times a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
Ingsvld and Kappa both look very interested in not fighting the nuclear tank. Rip blue bughelm