Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

elder titan if you take "elder" to mean like the chief elder of some jungle tribe or somethinf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

seriously though idk what story is better. if i had to bet i would say eg beat dc then win against wings in an almost exact replica of last year with cdec/eg. but i also really dont want there to have been any double TI winners at all. but then again eg had to play in the open qualifiers that even me and 4 lljk players could have gone in. and it is chinas turn to win one but idk if wings can do it and i also dont like wings

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 13, 2016

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Love Stole the Day posted:

I think Misery has pink eye.

Maybe it's just the stress?

That literally happens after 3 days awake on Adderall

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

so everyone expected pit lord, excuse me, underlord, but nobody did monkey king but theres still one more day left what else is there to reveal??

Half life 3 VR 360 anti grav I assume.

Pretend I quoted my post about 2 heroes as well

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

if they dont have anything as big or bigger than a new hero tomorrow they really should have waited for between the first series and grand finals tomorrow for monkey king. with like an hour break between. deffo not after grand finals though that would be p. rude to the winners

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
They are saving the Gambler reveal for tomorrow

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

seriously though idk what story is better. if i had to bet i would say eg beat dc then win against wings in an almost exact replica of last year with cdec/eg. but i also really dont want there to have been any double TI winners at all. but then again eg had to play in the open qualifiers that even me and 4 lljk players could have gone in. and it is chinas turn to win one but idk if wings can do it and i also dont like wings

Same but how can you not like Wings

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Wings/DC is the ultimate Cinderella story, and Moo going from "guy confused with Mu" to the first NA star not from EG is a your :911: narrative.

Also guys parting with EE and winning TI is a tradition at this point.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BioThermo posted:

Same but how can you not like Wings

The lack of Universe is a fatal flaw

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
What time do the games start tomorrow?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

also do we know if there will be a special musical guest, after the last two years...

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Darude did a pretty good job.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Slacks interviews hero .wmv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDGud3o0Nrc

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
hey could anyone recommend the best TI games to watch from the week and today please?

Been busy haven't been able to catch

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
EG vs EHOME game 1, for sure.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Waroduce posted:

hey could anyone recommend the best TI games to watch from the week and today please?

EG vs. EHOME game 1. Period.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Internet Kraken posted:

Darude did a pretty good job.

The Darude show was cool

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Wheres basshunter

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you'd think after all this time they could have come up with something more original than wukong

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

If TI was just Ehome vs EG Game 1 on repeat, I wouldn't even be mad. One of the best pro games I've ever seen.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

EG vs. EHOME game 1. Period.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Johnny Joestar posted:

you'd think after all this time they could have come up with something more original than wukong

China money.

I'd be more surprised if they didn't give PL the "pressing ceremonial reasons" and he just turns out to be the newest version of that guy. I don't think anyone is attached to the big walking GrumpyCat model that we've got right now. I guess people that bought a shitload of his cosmetics would complain, but I see no reason why the monkey can't use spears.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Reminder that Wings was going to get bought out by Tempostorm (Reynad)

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
wings

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Chinese version of the Wukong reveal is a lot better, BTW.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guGFT27SavM

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

was the fountain hook game in ti4 an elimination match i dont remember

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Firebrand would make a good DotA hero

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

was the fountain hook game in ti4 an elimination match i dont remember

It was TI3, it eliminated TongFu.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Navi vs Tongfu is still my fave Dota game of all time. Look at the emotions it provoked. It's art.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

can any of you dota statisticians look back and see if ppd has ever won an upper bracket final, in any big tournament, like ever

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
do the summits count? over 100k prize pool

also dotapit 265k prize pool

if only valve events count then no

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 13, 2016

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
They got within one game at Frankfurt, but Shackleshot was a hell of a spell.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Underrated post

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The real question is, will sumail have his neck pillow today?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

anyone know what the puppey leaked chats contained? reddit are going on and on about it whilst remaining hush about what was actually said

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://imgur.com/a/pidIZ

PRESIDENT OF ESTONIA
THEY'LL WRITE BOOKS ABOUT YOUR CAREER SIR

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Looke posted:

anyone know what the puppey leaked chats contained? reddit are going on and on about it whilst remaining hush about what was actually said

Puppey planned to get a $40k engagement ring. Kuro talked to people about kicking Puppey and Theeban (who was coaching) squealed. Puppey thinks S4/rtz/zai are a bunch of innocent kids caught up in all this. They realized Zai would go smoke cigs with Kuro after a match and decide that it was to keep Kuro from seeing how everybody hates him. Puppey tried so hard and played 13 games of Terrorblade a week (???) and wanted so bad to win. 1437 complains that the team is tainted now, Puppey is furious and says the team is now his property. "Kuro can lose all his teeth if he ever fucks with my people again." "If the motherfucker was a better player of captain of Dota in his lifetime then he wouldn't need to be in my teams. People would want to play with him. Delusional little human being."

Alex Garfield (EG/Alliance) wanted to buy Secret, Kuro turned the deal down, Garfield walked away. Puppey thought that was stupid and that Garfield's deal wasn't bad, but is okay with Kemal because the guy spends tens of thousands of dollars on hotels and dinners.

The rest of it is Puppey talking about he and Kemal are so much like, and how they're going to build an esports empire, and Theeban suggesting he run for President of Estonia. I'm not joking.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Sphyre posted:

https://imgur.com/a/pidIZ

PRESIDENT OF ESTONIA
THEY'LL WRITE BOOKS ABOUT YOUR CAREER SIR

Everyone is strongly for the protection of personal privacy and common decency until a celebrity gets exposed by hackers or paparazzi. I strongly doubt the person leaking this is one of the participants of that alleged conversation.

edit-- if i'm wrong nvm but in that case they're 99% cherry picking poo poo that only makes the other guy look bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Love Stole the Day posted:

Everyone is strongly for the protection of personal privacy and common decency until a celebrity gets exposed by hackers or paparazzi. I strongly doubt the person leaking this is one of the participants of that alleged conversation.

edit-- if i'm wrong nvm but in that case they're 99% cherry picking poo poo that only makes the other guy look bad

Counterpoint: it's funny.

• Locked thread