Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I think it's pretty clear - as the command cards are included in non-shaltari forces, he is a commander, and the Needs a Highter Commander to use rule is in force.

Might be worth Living-FAQing though, as I can see ppl arguing otherwise

Edit- history snipe

Day-45 of the Reconquest - first landing on Eden-VII, after defeating heavy scourge orbital assets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Rumors abound on the Dropfleet Facebook page. Apparently some retailers are offering pre-orders with a release date of October.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I ordered 1mm diameter magnets from a specialty seller so that I could magnetize the missiles on the Athena.

I paid twice as much in shipping as I did for ten magnets (I only plan to use 2).

Now I'm wondering what the diameter of the pegs that mount the turrets on the UCM ships is.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

YF19pilot posted:

Rumors abound on the Dropfleet Facebook page. Apparently some retailers are offering pre-orders with a release date of October.

That would make sense, retail release was meant to be September following July shipping to backers, but as kickstarter shipping is running about a month late the retail release will get pushed back about the same.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Ugleb posted:

That would make sense, retail release was meant to be September following July shipping to backers, but as kickstarter shipping is running about a month late the retail release will get pushed back about the same.

That does make sense. Warhawk is keeping true to their promise of fulfilling kickstarters before opening for retail. I think people are trying to read more into it to discern the exact moment that their shipment will arrive. I'm staying patient and not worrying about it until I see the email. I just have to keep checking my Trash folder because Gmail is stupid and puts all of the important kickstarter messages automatically into the trash.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
My only concern about my shipment is that I'll be moving in the next two months, so I hope it turns up before the end of September.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

wdarkk posted:

I ordered 1mm diameter magnets from a specialty seller so that I could magnetize the missiles on the Athena.

I paid twice as much in shipping as I did for ten magnets (I only plan to use 2).

Now I'm wondering what the diameter of the pegs that mount the turrets on the UCM ships is.

2mm work for most DzC turrets, and it looks like they'll be right for most DfC needs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

Those are bollocks, we haven't had any info yet and even Hawk Louis made a point of saying it on the FB groups.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Loxbourne posted:

My only concern about my shipment is that I'll be moving in the next two months, so I hope it turns up before the end of September.

The fact that Hawk are going to ship the Scourge Station upgrade sets later to avoid further delays says to me they are serious about shipping ASAP. I think we will have our stuff before the end of August, maybe within the next two weeks depending on how much packing they have to do.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Been really out of it with food poisoning since Sunday. Do you guys still want those pics or do you have the books now?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
I'd still be happy about them, my local store doesn't have the book yet.

Also if anyone missed it, show only models are on sale at the hawk site 'til the 22nd.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Put UCM & Scourge together. I'm still a little bit out of it today so they're not the best photos in the world. I didn't notice the Seraphim Retaliator was upped to L-3 though until someone pointed it out.

Still think the plasma poop is what needs the love.
http://imgur.com/a/9hL2a

Will re-organise them and start rotating through them.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 9, 2016

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Thanks! And get well soon.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cheers dude, gonna get some stuff done then I'll tackle the rest. :)

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Bistromatic posted:

Also if anyone missed it, show only models are on sale at the hawk site 'til the 22nd.

I picked up the civilian lorrys/busses, the drop pod and the London battle busses for my resistance.

Beware though, £20 international shipping hurts. Combine orders if you can. I was willing to spend $35 for the London busses recently, so I justified it to myself on impulse.

Gonna set back my reconquest 1.2 book by a month though.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know it doesn't really matter given that this is a special character, but check out this loving guy:

He's got all of the normal Phoenix weapons plus a third chaingun and that missile storm thing. :stare: I want to see that model.

Thanks for taking those pictures and uploading them.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Plus the E+2, that and poo poo tons of Falcons could be a nightmare to chew through.

E: Adding Resistance, PHR and Shaltari now.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 9, 2016

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
The crocodile is getting serious consideration. It may end up being deemed a little too pricey compared to the ocelot, as in skim mode it'll have to hunt light vehicles and only has one shot.

The panther was in lists before I even saw the cost - e6 AA just does not cut it at the moment!

Not sure about the gharial going up 10pts, I thought that was just right as it was.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One of the Resistance special characters is in a crazy claw mech originally designed for hunting and killing mega-fauna. I hope that becomes a real unit.

Heras can take a second Hera as a bodyguard at a discount AND a retinue of Apollos. Neat.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Broadswords are amazing if you don't miss. Top tip there.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So reading through Reconquest Phase 2, holy poo poo that bit at the end. I wonder if the Dropfleet book takes place after the Phase 2 book? I'd assume it either does or takes place at the same time.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

OK so looking at things I think the new core of my army is going to go:
code:
Current Scourge
Clash: 1250/1500 points
Standard Army
	Standard Roster [1250/1500 pts]
		Oppressors [300 pts]
			Oppressor: Oppressor(Master), Harbinger(+Mini Arc Caster) [300 pts]
		Vanguard [304 pts]
			Hunter Squad: 3x Hunter, Marauder [146 pts]
			Reaper Squad: 3x Reaper, Marauder [158 pts]
		Warriors [94 pts]
			Warrior Horde: 2x Warriors, Intruder Alpha [94 pts]
		Occupation Patrol [276 pts]
			Minders: 4x Minder, Intruder Beta [56 pts]
			Destroyers: 2x Destroyers, Intruder Alpha [140 pts]
			Corruptors: Corruptor [80 pts]
		Occupation Patrol [276 pts]
			Destroyers: 2x Destroyers, Intruder Alpha [140 pts]
			Monitors: 4x Monitor, Intruder Beta [56 pts]
			Corruptors: Corruptor [80 pts]
The question is what to do with the remaining 255 points (FFoR still has the old value for the Oppressor it seems).

Right now I have an Annihilator and a Screamer/Raider but I'm not sure if I want to use either of those (particularly the Screamer/Raider, as infantry hosing is handled by the Monitors, Destroyers, and Corruptors).

EDIT: I also have four vampires.

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 12, 2016

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
The Annihilator might work - the double shot or extra 6" range would make it very scary. With the double shot against resistance, you would actually WANT some scatter!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

The Annihilator might work - the double shot or extra 6" range would make it very scary. With the double shot against resistance, you would actually WANT some scatter!

I don't think there's enough points for both an Annihilator and an Overseer (although an overseer was considered).

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

wdarkk posted:

I don't think there's enough points for both an Annihilator and an Overseer (although an overseer was considered).

Sleep deprived, read Oppressor as Overseer.

The Annihilator is still fun, and creates a nice no go zone for enemy troops.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is the Annihilator the flying War of the Worlds tripod thing? I can never remember the names for Scourge stuff.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Is the Annihilator the flying War of the Worlds tripod thing? I can never remember the names for Scourge stuff.

Yeah. The issue I had looking at the Annihilator is that if I include it, I probably won't be able to form a sixth group (unless I want to use the Scourge fighter, which seems to be complete crap).

MrSquarepants
Jul 4, 2012
So the only lgs that stocked Dropzone decided to dump their stock, so I was able to grab a Shaltari Starter, Pungari Auxiliaries, Gharial Command and Warchief Ramses for 50% MSRP. What should I look at picking up to get to 1500 points? What are some must haves? I'm still pretty new to Dropzone so I have a hard time looking at a unit and knowing how effective it is.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

MrSquarepants posted:

So the only lgs that stocked Dropzone decided to dump their stock, so I was able to grab a Shaltari Starter, Pungari Auxiliaries, Gharial Command and Warchief Ramses for 50% MSRP. What should I look at picking up to get to 1500 points? What are some must haves? I'm still pretty new to Dropzone so I have a hard time looking at a unit and knowing how effective it is.

For that size, a pair of Spirit gates, some Yari (I field mine in 2 pairs, for a bit of anti-light dropship AA and to increase command range); the Firedrake is pretty-much a must take.

After that it depends on your play style, especially with the new Crocodile Heavy Gravtank having the same 'Awesome Power' rule as the Ocelot Warstrider.

Both the Totem and Ronin have 'Lightning Reflexes' - so they can materialize and shoot (or the other way round) in the same turn, and the Totem can provide some unexpected AA fire.

You've already got the Glorious Pungarri Proletariat, who are amazing in Objective games; and you can make 3 sets of Braves (and 3 Haven APC-Gates) if you get some platicard for the bases (I'm still a little annoyed that, as good value as the starter is, there are the models for 6-stands, but only 4 bases in the box).

Renfield fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 12, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Actually, now that I think about it, is it really that bad to have 5 battlegroups instead of 6?

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Yes, it is!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

wdarkk posted:

Actually, now that I think about it, is it really that bad to have 5 battlegroups instead of 6?
Yes. Max activations possible mate!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Yes. Max activations possible mate!

Right. So after I add in the Annihilator, I have 105 points to play with.

That's not really enough for much.

I could re-add the other warrior horde, but that's REALLY infantry heavy (counting the Corruptors as infantry).

I could add a Reaver gunship to something, then have a fleet BG with one Corsair, but I'm really leery of the Corsair's 4+ Acc.

Alternatively, I could drop the commander's level to CV 3 but I don't think that's a good idea.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Dropfleet goodness with Dave on BoW this morning! Oh my.

https://youtu.be/FDMAoqeOjGc

Admission time. When I saw the Gencon pics of the battleships I wasn't too sure about some of them. They were good, alright, but didn't hit me. Seeing them turned around and handled just changed my mind, they really are all pretty cool!

The Scourge BS really is a giant Desolator, nice that it can be posed so much. You really don't see that in spaceships much. Funnily enough I was wondering if scourge might get some future units that are more overtly space monster-ish and if that fits the theme.

PHR and Shaltari both look highly magnetisable. Unless I'm missing something it should be quite practical to swap and change between classes without too much hassle. What did surprise me is that Shaltari are getting the only super carrier? Interesting choice. But hey, PHR get to fire black holes so thats cool too.

UCM getting three battleships is also interesting. Doesn't sound like the Tokyo will see much use though if it is both niche role and has to go into low orbit to do its thing.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Scourge military designers seem to only have one question recently, and that question is "how can we get razorworms inside this thing"?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Welp, i am about to order 300 bucks of stuff.

Edit: Darnit, i cant find the preorder on miniaturemarket. They must have taken them down, because i can still see it on google.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 13, 2016

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Ugleb posted:

UCM getting three battleships is also interesting. Doesn't sound like the Tokyo will see much use though if it is both niche role and has to go into low orbit to do its thing.

Hawk have mentioned scenarios where one side just shrugs and decides to blow up the clusters/targets instead of landing troops. Taking a Tokyo might be the equivalent of a all-demo force in Dropzone.

If anything I'd be worried about it ending up overpowered. "Screw the objectives, I'm gonna blow everything up and win on kill points".

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
The Tokyo was also the cheapest battleship, so that may have some use. Set it on course towards the enemy home clusters and they need to deal with it, that kind of thing.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I want that gravity-warping Shaltari frigate and I want as many of them as possible.

I may not win a lot of games but I may cause some table flips!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Welp, i am about to order 300 bucks of stuff.

Good lad I knew you had it in you.