Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Out of all of that I'm shocked that Zai smokes, my little cherub, tainted

Looke fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Looke posted:

It probably meant they would smoke weed together, and have you seen Zai? Dude looks like he smokes weed now and again.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

true true

so is the only reason why this isn't all over reddit because they respect his privacy or some poo poo, cos to be quite frank, i am loving the gossip

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Looke posted:

true true

so is the only reason why this isn't all over reddit because they respect his privacy or some poo poo, cos to be quite frank, i am loving the gossip

I'm sure the Reddit mods delete any links to the actual info

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Looke posted:

There's a pic of him smoking a blunt out there somewhere.

or maybe that was arteezy idk I can't find it

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Love Stole the Day posted:

Everyone is strongly for the protection of personal privacy and common decency until a celebrity gets exposed by hackers or paparazzi. I strongly doubt the person leaking this is one of the participants of that alleged conversation.

edit-- if i'm wrong nvm but in that case they're 99% cherry picking poo poo that only makes the other guy look bad

who gives a gently caress ahahaha

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
It's fake because he calls Dendi Dendi and not Danil, his first name.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

can you not say that because i really want to believe that puppey is getting married for the sake of his children and is currently writing a book about his time as a dota 2 player and president

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

every interview and stuff with puppey has led me to the conclusion that he's an rear end in a top hat irl anyway

also a $40,000 engagement ring wtf lmabo

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/v1lat/status/764415278117597185

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

everyone ready for ld&maut finals???

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

frick off

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Looke posted:

frick off

language!!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Radical posted:

yes!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

i unironically really like maut

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Maut is not the weak link in the LD & Maut casting pair. The worst part is when Maut asks LD a question as a springboard to go into a deeper discussion of what's happening, and LD can only answer with a basic platitude because that's all the insight he has on that question.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dusted the last of my player cards and got a gold sumail, good luck peter i hope u win it all

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
maut regularly doesn't understand whats happening on a really basic level, like not being able to see a spell effect and tell what spell it belongs to, not understanding item components, simply not seeing what happens in a teamfight and so on. he's absolutely the weak component and he's loving awful.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

nice hotlink

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Where will I be able to watch a rebroadcast of today's games? I'm unable to watch them live :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Where will I be able to watch a rebroadcast of today's games? I'm unable to watch them live :(

Any time, either on youtube or using twitch vods.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I bet rtz regrets giving up all his twitch stream money to join secret again and get probably less than that jn prize money lmabo

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Kild posted:

nice hotlink

fuckkkk k

pretend there is a picture of peter dager

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

I bet rtz regrets giving up all his twitch stream money to join secret again and get probably less than that jn prize money lmabo

gotta get that sweet chinese panda tv money

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
If it's tobi finals again I may kill myself. Or just watch it on mute. Either or

Pretty sure I'll have to endure that weiners voice at some point today though

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im pretty sure pandatv is paying secret streamers a salary + he gets chinese stream donations now so i really doubt it matters

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

If it's tobi finals again I may kill myself. Or just watch it on mute. Either or

Pretty sure I'll have to endure that weiners voice at some point today though

Tobi is approx 1000x better than LD and maut

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Looke posted:

fuckkkk k

pretend there is a picture of peter dager

\
I will handle China

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Honestly wings gonna sweep 3-0 against whoever wins this morning

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

more like dICK posted:

Honestly wings gonna sweep 3-0 against whoever wins this morning

It's chinas turn. I just keep telling myself that to make lessen the blow.

Also, this has been the best produced valve event ive ever seen. Even if all of the slacks makes you cry tears of blood, there havent been any noticeable delays, very little dead air, they've put the talent to work where they work best. I think having a separate panel for drafting has been awesome. Also Purge.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 13, 2016

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

funmanguy posted:

Also, this has been the best produced valve event ive ever seen. Even if all of the slacks makes you cry tears of blood, there havent been any noticeable delays, very little dead air, they've put the talent to work where they work best. I think having a separate panel for drafting has been awesome. Also Purge.

There have only been one or two pauses, too. It's a far cry from even TI5. It seems to be worlds removed from Shanghai (one might even say Perfect Worlds removed).

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Radical posted:

could be tobi

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Voted Worst Mom posted:

\
I will handle China

You're the best

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
There's an orchestra set up in here

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Blitz said the other day that he was done casting but then he casted again after so maybe they switched things up to replace ld/maut

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

funmanguy posted:

Also they've had a bunch of pretty good gags during the panel.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

funmanguy posted:

It really has been phenomenal. I've never seen an event with production to this level. They're filling 8-12 hours of content every day with absolutely zero downtime, while throwing in crazy innovative (and loving expensive) things that have never been done before; a giant LED panel stage with incredible effects, live "holograms", etc. Slacks and audience participation stuff has been pretty loving cringeworthy, but considering the amount of airtime they're putting up it's genuinely shocking that that's the worst that there has been.

The games, the interviews, the panels, the casting, the analysis (purge owns), the player background videos, the stage show - everything is incredible. No showstopping technical problems or even long ingame pauses either. I've missed a few games but I don't think I've seen a single pause longer than 1-2 minutes, and only a small handful of games have even had any pauses in them. Valve really knocked everything out of the park this year.

And last but not least, no advertising or sponsorships. No commercial breaks, no intrusive product placement, no brand namedrops ("play of the game brought to you by monster energy drink"), the closest thing there is to any of that at TI6 is seeing the logo on someones computer. Valve could have easily milked the poo poo out of TI, especially now that it gets millions of concurrent viewers, and I can't overstate how much I appreciate that they aren't doing that.

Gonna have to spend more on my compendium next year, because goddamn, I want this to keep going.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
grand finals is going to be xyclopz solo-cast, he will be lowered from the ceiling in a metal cage & full mankind costume, then rip the mask off screaming "DOTAAAAAAAAAAAAA" followed by something unintentionally offensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lmabo Blaze is running his own cast of TI with his own panel of random nerds on the Joindotared twitch. Why even try buddy

• Locked thread