Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What do I have to do to get the Skorpion playing the Bulldog Girlfriend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

RandomPauI posted:

What do I have to do to get the Skorpion playing the Bulldog Girlfriend?

You're late, but it was not worth bothering with:

quote:

August 1-12: Get the highest base XP in a single battle while commanding the M41 90 GF to take home the wicked Rheinmetall Skorpion!

aka platoon with some tier 10 TDs and either partially or totally rig it.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

So the E-25 and the Warcrime Panther have the same gun and get the same preferential tier 7 matchmaking. The Warcrime Panther is sluggish, giant and armorless, the E-25 is fast, tiny and armorless. The Panther has 1870 DPM, the E-25 has 2800.

The Panther/M10 is trash.

Counterpoint: The Warcrimes is one of the 3 pref 7s (the 3rd being the AT-15A) and since the E-25 isn't available anymore, if he wants to platoon with us in ours he has to either bring a 6 or one of the 2 remaining crappy pref 7s. :toot:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The real solution is to bring a T6 arty along their E-25s and tk their asses.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Counterpoint: The Warcrimes is one of the 3 pref 7s (the 3rd being the AT-15A) and since the E-25 isn't available anymore, if he wants to platoon with us in ours he has to either bring a 6 or one of the 2 remaining crappy pref 7s. :toot:

Excuse me? I think you're forgetting about the good ol' T23E3, the worst tier 7 Easy 8.

Infected posted:

Actually this

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
The Warcrime Panther is bad and yet it keeps sort of kinda working well for me, maybe it's a similar effect that made the Black Prince work for so many people. My last game in it was 90k profit :toot:

I guess having as many hitpoints as a tier8 medium comes in useful every so often, too. Plus, the thing came out back before many of the signifcant VK 3002D buffs, so whenever you saw some dipshit running DB with the stock turret to 'save weight' you knew you at least had better dpm than that, because back in the day running stock turret/L70 on the DB was something like 1400 dpm, extremely pitiful. Plus, at the time, the 8 degrees depression on the Warcrime was actually kinda uncommon among German mediums, so it had enough decent bits (superior turret bloom stats to tech tree mediums, too) to where one could say "you know, this isn't great, but the pref-MM makes it okay". Also the E-25 didn't exist when I bought mine, I think.

It's better than the Pz IV Schmalturm, which has the same gun, sees the same top end MM (tier8) and is excruciatingly slow.

Warcrime Panther is Not Good but it was never the worst German medium premium and the gap is still widening with things like the Turan III or Pz. IIIK being released :v:

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 13, 2016

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
PzI

Queue:
PzI in Soviet trials

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3A1

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16
T-45 NEW

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40 NEW

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A
Renault R35 in German service
sPzB
37 mm Pak NEW
2,8 cm s.Pz.B. 41 NEW

:eurovision:
TACAM T-60 NEW

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Ensign Expendable posted:

T-45

2,8 cm s.Pz.B. 41

First one for timeliness, and for the second, who doesn't love a quarter-ton "rifle"?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I tired to stomp on a tank on Westfield mid game but got stuck face first in a weird crevice. However, I somehow came out of that game with no damage received and 3.5k spotting damage since I was stuck in a position where I could see the enemy base. lol

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Zettace posted:

I tired to stomp on a tank on Westfield mid game but got stuck face first in a weird crevice. However, I somehow came out of that game with no damage received and 3.5k spotting damage since I was stuck in a position where I could see the enemy base. lol

This is how I play as well.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Holy gently caress, is it arty month or something this has been my 4th game today with 5 arty per side.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Lol if you still got a warcrime. Worst drunk purchase next to the jagdtiger prem

Unfortunately all my purchase in this game were drunk because it was the only way I could get pleasure from playing this game

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000292/

Great result today, mostly fun. I lost against PAPET, however. Why, you ask? Well remember how they said "mediums only?"

He had an SU-122-44. Sure, I tracked him on my first shot, which he repaired. He repaid me with a high roll that set me on fire and hosed up my modules. I repaired but basically had little time or ability to recover, sucked.

He and another player who exclusively played an O-Ni got 2nd and 3rd. "Mediums only" my rear end.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Infected posted:

Actually now that you mention it a 304 would be fine complement to an E-25 platoon.

Hellsau posted:

Excuse me? I think you're forgetting about the good ol' T23E3, the worst tier 7 Easy 8.

You're right, I did forget about that, except it's another one that you can't get so :toot:

Blindeye posted:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000292/

Great result today, mostly fun. I lost against PAPET, however. Why, you ask? Well remember how they said "mediums only?"

He had an SU-122-44. Sure, I tracked him on my first shot, which he repaired. He repaid me with a high roll that set me on fire and hosed up my modules. I repaired but basically had little time or ability to recover, sucked.

He and another player who exclusively played an O-Ni got 2nd and 3rd. "Mediums only" my rear end.

I would think that the tourneys would lock out invalid tank selections like other tank modes (companies, etc.) do, but if they somehow managed to bring those tanks then I'd suggest reporting them, they should get DQ'd.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Atomizer posted:

Actually now that you mention it a 304 would be fine complement to an E-25 platoon.

You're right, I did forget about that, except it's another one that you can't get so :toot:

I would think that the tourneys would lock out invalid tank selections like other tank modes (companies, etc.) do, but if they somehow managed to bring those tanks then I'd suggest reporting them, they should get DQ'd.

Already did, screenshots, account names, group results. There were 2 solid players in the group that were in 4th and 5th place because they lost to those two players.

But lol at wargaming not locking tank selection. Give me a Type-59 for taking the trouble to report this; you know you want to WG!

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Compared to the newer premiums the warcrime panther looks positively good. It's not great but when picking out the worst premiums in the game there are far, far worse tanks that are still available. Hell if WG added the warcrime now it'd be exactly the same tank but without preferential MM.

The biggest problem with the warcrime was that the E-25 came out and was just better in every way.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I had the pubbie from hell today. Top tier heavy, T29 charges into the enemy and does zero damage. Worst yet, he dies in a position that allows the enemy to use his corpse like a shield for the rest of the game. Holy poo poo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

Compared to the newer premiums the warcrime panther looks positively good. It's not great but when picking out the worst premiums in the game there are far, far worse tanks that are still available. Hell if WG added the warcrime now it'd be exactly the same tank but without preferential MM.

The biggest problem with the warcrime was that the E-25 came out and was just better in every way.

That's not a really fair comparison - the newer premiums have been some of the worst tanks not only in their own tier, but worse than tanks one or two tiers lower than them! Also, pref matchmaking goes a long way - the Matilda BP is hilariously trash, but would you rather forced to play a Matilda BP or a Turan III? They're both slow, armorless with low ammo capacity, but at least the Matilda BP can bounce lower tier poo poo and won't see tier 7s. The Turan III can at best kill two tier 7 heavies and then be totally out of ammo! That's ludicrous. Why does such a poo poo tank see tier 7s?! Come on Wargaming.

Even then though, the tier 7 premiums are actually pretty sweet for the most part, except the FV201. Even the poor loving AT-15A got buffed to barely adequate levels.

Zettace posted:

I had the pubbie from hell today. Top tier heavy, T29 charges into the enemy and does zero damage. Worst yet, he dies in a position that allows the enemy to use his corpse like a shield for the rest of the game. Holy poo poo.

You would have been demonstrably better off if you and your teammates had executed that player and used their corpse rather than allowing them to benefit the enemy. Some Most All Most players are literally worse than idles.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Hellsau posted:

That's not a really fair comparison - the newer premiums have been some of the worst tanks not only in their own tier, but worse than tanks one or two tiers lower than them! Also, pref matchmaking goes a long way - the Matilda BP is hilariously trash, but would you rather forced to play a Matilda BP or a Turan III? They're both slow, armorless with low ammo capacity, but at least the Matilda BP can bounce lower tier poo poo and won't see tier 7s. The Turan III can at best kill two tier 7 heavies and then be totally out of ammo! That's ludicrous. Why does such a poo poo tank see tier 7s?! Come on Wargaming.

Even then though, the tier 7 premiums are actually pretty sweet for the most part, except the FV201. Even the poor loving AT-15A got buffed to barely adequate levels.

In its own right I rather enjoyed the Warcrime Panther and played it somewhat regularly before the E-25 came out. That was also back when there weren't any other German medium crew trainers except the T-25 down at t5. I haven't kept up on all the new premiums but my vague impression is that the Mutz and the Panther 88 are both playable tanks, so I guess you'd use those instead. Or my T-55a which really isn't very good but is still rare enough.

The AT-15A needed several hundred extra hitpoints and has been the only tank added while I've been playing, perhaps ever, where WG has given it preferential MM after releasing it. Now it's "barely adequate" and I don't regret selling it at all. I sold the Matilda BP too, and if not for it earning me a Type 59 I'd sell the Turan too.

e: Between the 15A, the Matilda BP, the 201, the Sexton 1, the TOG, and the original 4202P (which was only buffed when WG was too blatant when they made it deliberately bad and got caught), the British can't catch a break with premiums. They've got the Excelsior and the Cromwell B, which was absurd because it was a better version of the best t6 medium, but that's really it. I'm assuming the AC1 and AC4 are bad too, not that I've much attention to them.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 14, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

if not for it earning me a Type 59 I'd sell the Turan too.

You're welcome.

Desuwa posted:

my T-55a which really isn't very good but is still rare enough.

I....er...uh....what?

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I....er...uh....what?

It's a significantly slower T-54 with less armour and ammo. The only real positive of it is that it's still a reasonably rare tank so it makes me feel special.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Logged in, select the KV-220, top tier on Windstorm, deal 1k damage with 4 kills, and win. Receive T-45. Log out. Happy with that.

Logged in, select the M41 GF, lose 5 out of 5, select the Rudy, lose 1 out of 1, select the Mutz, win 1 out of 1. Receive the T-45. Log out. gently caress this game.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 14, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

It's a significantly slower T-54 with less armour and ammo. The only real positive of it is that it's still a reasonably rare tank so it makes me feel special.

You get worse armor and worse functioning up hills in exchange for 50 more HP and a better gun, and a slightly smaller profile. The T-55A is great. The T-54 is great. Neither of them compare to the old, 400 pen HEAT T-54, or the old pre-HD T-54.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Did some barracks management.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Desuwa posted:

And it trains a German crew because German mediums are so popular in Clan Wars that Goons don't do anymore because we can't ever have nice things unless we're ALL in the same container, led by someone who can con us all into thinking he's charismatic. :v:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

You get worse armor and worse functioning up hills in exchange for 50 more HP and a better gun, and a slightly smaller profile. The T-55A is great. The T-54 is great. Neither of them compare to the old, 400 pen HEAT T-54, or the old pre-HD T-54.

Is the post-nerf T-54 lightweight still great? Or is it now outclassed by the RU/WZ-132?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

Is the post-nerf T-54 lightweight still great? Or is it now outclassed by the RU/WZ-132?

Wait I thought they rolled back the T-54 Lightweight nerfs?

e: also the WZ-132 can't outclass poo poo

e2:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

led by someone who can con us all into thinking he's charismatic. :v:

I volunteer for this job if it isn't a lot of work.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Wait I thought they rolled back the T-54 Lightweight nerfs?

e: also the WZ-132 can't outclass poo poo

e2:

I thought 9.15 cut the dpm by 10% and a few other small tweaks:

"Reload time of the 100 mm D-10T gun for the T-54 ltwt. version turret changed from 7.6 s to 8.2 s.

Aiming time of the 100 mm D-10T mod. 1945 gun for the T-54 ltwt. version turret changed from 2.2 s to 2.1 s.

Reload time of the 100 mm D-10T mod. 1945 gun for the T-54 ltwt. version turret changed from 7.5 s to 8.3 s."

I mean, other than the dpm which is about 2k now it's unchanged. I just unlocked that and the 13 90 this weekend and my female crews on on them, wondering if I'll be disappointed with either. Considering I somehow do fabulous in the 13 75 I'm not as worried about the 13 90 because I can just poo poo on pubbies by ambushing them but the T-54 lightweight with rammer/vstab/optics might require a bit more getting used to.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

It is. Oh holy gently caress it is. And I've heard it's gotten even more complicated since the 'CW 1.0' days.

That being said, maybe that's been your ~destiny~ all along, Hellsau - killing clan after clan is something telling you that you need to LEAD instead of follow.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 14, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It is. Oh holy gently caress it is. And I've heard it's gotten even more complicated since the 'CW 1.0' days.

That being said, maybe that's been your ~destiny~ all along, Hellsau - killing clan after clan is something telling you that you need to LEAD instead of follow.

I must become the clan to destroy the clan. Thank you sensei.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I must become the clan to destroy the clan. Thank you sensei.

Well, goon clans that engage in any sort of competitive play invariably tend to destroy *themselves*, so.......

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

It's better to burn out than fade away.

And I burned out bad for three years.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

All joking aside, running CW requires you or trusted and knowledgeable deputies to be available about two hours BEFORE the chips are finalized for an evening's engagements/defenses. Then you have an additional 1-2 1/2 hours of potential encounters, regular fights/defenses, then offset matches, etc. You have to be in communication with allied clans via both THEIR teamspeaks and the loving oil slick that is the WoT forums at all hours of the day. You have to have a presence in the sewage treatment plant that is the CW Diplomacy forum as well, home of troll, furry, serious-business brony, and I TAKE THIS SUPER SERIOUS, THIS IS MY 'NAM, BRAH I DROVE AN M48 clans, all of which have to be treated with a modicum of, yes, diplomacy.

And that's just a brief synopsis. 4-5 hours per night, worrying about internet tanks, then ~100 people all clamoring for 'advances' on attendance payments.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 14, 2016

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

LostCosmonaut posted:

Did some barracks management.

Oh, you can train for that now?

also why do they all have the same portrait

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

All joking aside, running CW requires you or trusted and knowledgeable deputies to be available about two hours BEFORE the chips are finalized for an evening's engagements/defenses. Then you have an additional 1-2 1/2 hours of potential encounters, regular fights/defenses, then offset matches, etc. You have to be in communication with allied clans via both THEIR teamspeaks and the loving oil slick that is the WoT forums at all hours of the day. You have to have a presence in the sewage treatment plant that is the CW Diplomacy forum as well, home of troll, furry, serious-business brony, and I TAKE THIS SUPER SERIOUS, THIS IS MY 'NAM, BRAH I DROVE AN M48 clans, all of which have to be treated with a modicum of, yes, diplomacy.

And that's just a brief synopsis. 4-5 hours per night, worrying about internet tanks, then ~100 people all clamoring for 'advances' on attendance payments.

And, most importantly, you can never take a night off.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Desuwa posted:

And, most importantly, you can never take a night off.

NEVER loving TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Just to derail from CW back to the Panther M/10, it's quite rubbish. It's one of the only two premiums I ever sold because I got so fed up with them I didn't want to even see the loving things in my garage. Panther M/10, and the Dicker Max. gently caress those things.

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016

BIG HEADLINE posted:

:dogbutton:

(Clan)war is hell.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

Valle posted:

Just to derail from CW back to the Panther M/10, it's quite rubbish. It's one of the only two premiums I ever sold because I got so fed up with them I didn't want to even see the loving things in my garage. Panther M/10, and the Dicker Max. gently caress those things.

The Warcrime panther isn't good but I think it's about where premiums should have been relative to the tech tree tanks. It was worse than most of the tech tree t7 mediums but not by an insurmountable amount and it had preferential MM.

The Dicker Max is actually good, though. I was rather excited for the Sturer Emil because I thought it was going to be a Dicker Max with a better gun, but aside from having good depression being shaped vaguely like a dicker max they had very few similarities. Hell my first Dicker Max game was a Kolobanov's medal. I wouldn't actually recommend buying it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You're assuming we need/want to be good. Why can't we just poo poo all over everyone else and play tanks and be thoroughly mediocre/bad?

Unrelated: How does the penetration indicator on tanks.gg work? It seems like, when you're viewing a 3D tank model, the penetration is set to something like 175mm by default. However, if you choose one of the other camera settings (like "Calculate penetration as if shooting from 100m away"), it switches to the gun on the tank you're viewing. Can you just choose a gun for which you want to calculate penetration values? Seems really wonky.